Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 01-06-2018, 15:07   #5101
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF (1986) on VHS

Excellent movie!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2018, 04:06   #5102
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 8.5/10

Well this was a pleasant surprise for me. From the trailer I got the impression that it wasn't going to be big on story and just a dinosaur action romp but I was wrong. There is a real story here with depth and continues the overall moral quandaries from JP1. It isn't the nostalgia fest Jurassic World was but it still has many nods to the original, some comedic moments and some intense emotional scenes. I loved it and think it is a very well balanced film. The music and special effects were excellent and this is definitely a cinema worthy film. It is a shame we have had so many blockbusters in such a short period of time because imho this should be released in July during the summer holidays and it would be huge.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 13:47   #5103
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Solo: 7/10

I wasnt expecting this to be a classic, and it wasnt - however, it was a good, solid, entertaining sci-fi film.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 13:39   #5104
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Good afternoon Paul

I last saw SAVAGE HARVEST (1981) on VHS

10/10

Best movie of its kind! (Its like nightmare on elm street with Lions)
Old 14-07-2018, 11:32   #5105
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Skyscraper: 6.5/10

I haven't given 6.5/10 because it is a bad film, it is just your average predictable cheesy Hollywood action film and is on par with something like 2012 and San Andreas. There were a couple of things which niggled at my realism factor at the beginning of the film which shouldn't have happened but they didn't influence the main story so I let them go. The action and special effects were great if not exaggerated but the one thing which did annoy me is that there is a particular scene you saw in the trailer which they completely changed in the film and I can only assume they did it to expedite the start of the film and get straight to the disaster. I love the technology of the building though and the whole concept and you would wonder if they are working on something like it now.

I wouldn't spend money on going to see this at the cinema but it is definitely worth a watch and your typical Sunday afternoon entertaining film.
Old 15-07-2018, 11:45   #5106
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

can't ever go to those type of movies expecting realism or a good script. They are purely all about the action and excitement. I love a good popcorn flick, go in and disengage brain.

Remember though that trailers are there to get you interested in the movie and will frequently feature clips out of context or scenes that may not make it to the final cut.

I will see it next week.

Last edited by Stephen; 25-07-2018 at 12:53.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 21:44   #5107
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Skyscraper - 5/10

Meh, as already said, it's acceptable if you can switch off and just let it flow with the Hollywood clichés. Dwayne Johnson needs to be careful though in accepting any old crap for roles. Can go the same way as Jason Statham pretty quickly.
Old 25-07-2018, 21:03   #5108
General Maximus
Ran Away

Mission Impossible: Fallout 7.5/10

I really enjoyed it, it was a great action film and I love how with each new film the stories and plot twists continue to improve and get more elaborate. I think was No. 6 and I would gladly see them go up to 10 or something. I gave it 7.5/10 because whilst the action scenes were great and there were plenty of moments when you cringe/squirm/say "oh shit" when something happens, it didn't blow me away or have any sort of emotional impact on me which some other films do. Well worth a watch at the cinema though.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:41   #5109
General Maximus
Ran Away

Ant-man and the Wasp: 7/10

Another solid and good Marvel film and was similar to Spiderman in a way where they steered away from the grandiose bad guy from the first one and dealt with more personal real life issues. It had many comical moments but I didn't feel it was as funny as the first one or other Marvel films but it more than made up for it in other ways though. The novel environments they are in when they are miniaturised and the way they interact with them is excellent and fun to see and the action scenes are excellent. I absolutely love Evangeline Lily (Katie from Lost) and seeing her gorgeous smile is what made the film for me .

Important note: there are 2 post credit scenes. The first one is a direct tie in to Infinity War and an absolute must see otherwise you won't understand what is going on. The second is funny but easily passable if you don't want to wait till the end/want to leave.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:37   #5110
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

I last saw Class of 1999 (1989) on VHS

9/10
Old 07-08-2018, 00:10   #5111
General Maximus
Ran Away

The Equalizer 2: 3.5/10

I have got to say that this is probably going to be my biggest disappointment this year. I was really looking forward to this but it doesn't deliver in any regard at all. It isn't as good as the first one, the story is weaker and lacks substance and depth and the film is poorly edited to the extent that during the first third of the film when they are setting things up you are scratching your head trying to work out what they are trying to get at. It is a shame because the first one just got more tense and engrossing as time went on whereas with this one I just wanted it to end and it kept going on and on.
Old 07-08-2018, 00:24   #5112
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Interestingly, you're not the only one to say the same, it's a shame, as the first was v good.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:03   #5113
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think this was made purely so Denzel can kick some more butt.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:18   #5114
General Maximus
Ran Away

He does but the problem is that he doesnt do it as much as he did in the first one
Old 11-08-2018, 21:15   #5115
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Leave No Trace 8/10. Slow but good film. Watch but only if you have the patience for it as it doesn't 'pay off' or step up that much.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote