Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | London's rising Murder Rate

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

London's rising Murder Rate

Old 09-07-2018, 00:14   #76
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: London's rising Murder Rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No evidence has been posted that I see, where I am wrong and I am not saying anyone else is wrong by the same token - Crime has fallen in England and Wales except violent crime, but overall, all other crimes has fallen.

I would not feel safe in London compared to Manchester, I know because I live in Manchester. The moped gangs, acid attacks that have happened a lot in London - there has not been many of them in Manchester and I know that for fact because I have Manchester Evening News notifications.

We are not going to agree on Sadiq Khan - I think he is a crap Mayor, who is very responsible for policing priorities, there is obvious strong resentment against him allowing the Trump baby blimp, given the massive amount of money raised in short time for a Khan baby counter protest.
The reason that you get more attacks in London is that because it's a far bigger City. It doesn't mean that you stand more chance of being attacked in London than Manchester; the Home Office stats in The Sun I linked to suggest that it is the other way round. I think it's natural not to feel safe in an area you don't know but we shouldn't let that affect our analysis.
Kahn may or may not be a crap mayor, but I think it's daft for people to criticise Kahn for the Trump baby blimp when he couldn't democratically stop it happening. More sensible to organise a petition to give him the authority to ban such things then he could be put to the test in the event of a future Trump visit.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2018, 11:17   #77
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

The London Mayor Sadiq Khan blimp dressed in a yellow bikini takes to the sky in London today. The organisers raised over £58,000, more than double what the Trump blimp campaigners raised.

https://news.sky.com/story/sadiq-kha...skies-11487392
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:36   #78
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The London Mayor Sadiq Khan blimp dressed in a yellow bikini takes to the sky in London today. The organisers raised over £58,000, more than double what the Trump blimp campaigners raised.

https://news.sky.com/story/sadiq-kha...skies-11487392
Yup and he didn't ban it and even joked about it:

Quote:
The mayor said people were welcome to look at him in a yellow bikini but joked: "I don't really think yellow's my colour though".
Why people thought he would be bothered about a blimp or why they were so bothered by a Trump blimp is beyond me.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:40   #79
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The reason that you get more attacks in London is that because it's a far bigger City. It doesn't mean that you stand more chance of being attacked in London than Manchester; the Home Office stats in The Sun I linked to suggest that it is the other way round. I think it's natural not to feel safe in an area you don't know but we shouldn't let that affect our analysis.
Kahn may or may not be a crap mayor, but I think it's daft for people to criticise Kahn for the Trump baby blimp when he couldn't democratically stop it happening. More sensible to organise a petition to give him the authority to ban such things then he could be put to the test in the event of a future Trump visit.
Good suggestion.