Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UPDATED: British Prosecutors: 2 Russian Nationals Identified as Novichok Suspects.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

UPDATED: British Prosecutors: 2 Russian Nationals Identified as Novichok Suspects.

Old 09-03-2018, 13:20   #61
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: New UK-Russia Tensions after Ex-Russian Spy Poisoned in Salisbury

It's all starting to sound very . . . . strange

The police are now saying:
Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey, who is being treated in hospital, was made seriously ill after being sent to Colonel Skripal’s house in Salisbury.

Det Sgt Bailey was one of the first police officers to attend the house in a cul-de-sac a few hours after Col Skripal and his daughter Yulia collapsed in Salisbury town centre.

so . . one of the first, not the first.
I would assume (yes I know) that other officers would have attended the home earlier, rather than drag an officer away from the location of the initial incident?

Call me whatever you like, but I'm starting to question what comes out in the media.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2018, 13:26   #62
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Reporting can be a bit confusing in the aftermath of an incident. I don't really see the issue here though?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 13:36   #63
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

This would also explain the large investigation surrounding his house.

There's more to this than meets the eye and IMHO quite rightly the media are not being informed fully about the scope of the investigation.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 13:38   #64
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think it lends credence to Heero's theory that this was passed via a 'present'. Of course now the question is how Heero, or should I say Comrade Heero, knew so much about this.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 13:40   #65
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Reporting can be a bit confusing in the aftermath of an incident. I don't really see the issue here though?
Yeah you're probably right, it appears that it was put forward as a 'possibility' and then pounced on as fact by the media

I'm glad I don't do facebook or twitter, I'd be confused for the rest of my life by the 'true facts' reported on there

. . . me decides to turn the interweb off and get more guitar practice done
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 14:29   #66
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Yeah you're probably right, it appears that it was put forward as a 'possibility' and then pounced on as fact by the media

I'm glad I don't do facebook or twitter, I'd be confused for the rest of my life by the 'true facts' reported on there

. . . me decides to turn the interweb off and get more guitar practice done
Twitter can in some circumstances be a good source of information if you bear in mind "due dilligence" i.e. if you are going to quote it as a source check it out first! Normally (not always) a link is given, if not ignore it (unless you wish to quote the person who is the subject for their post).

Facebook is for the braindead who'll believe anything.
Old 09-03-2018, 16:03   #67
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Precaution and the placebo effect could well explain the other 18 but not the police officer.

As regards Litventko, not sloppy enough to affect any other person.
17 other were affected, but not at a long-term risk to life level.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...russia.science
Quote:
To date, 733 people other than Litvinenko have been tested. Of those, 716 were considered to be at no risk of developing illnesses related to polonium-210. Seventeen were contaminated to above average levels but the HPA say that, for them, "any increased [health] risk in the long term is likely to be very small".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 16:07   #68
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

The police have said 21 minus 3 =???
Old 09-03-2018, 18:05   #69
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The police have said 21 minus 3 =???
my quote was about the Litvinenko poisoning.
Old 09-03-2018, 18:12   #70
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
my quote was about the Litvinenko poisoning.
OK, the difference between "any increased [health] risk in the long term is likely to be very small".

To an officer who is still under care in hospital.

Not much different then depending on your POV.
Old 09-03-2018, 18:46   #71
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

You said
Quote:
not sloppy enough to affect any other person
Old 09-03-2018, 19:01   #72
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The Russians are laughing at us, they know we'll do diddly squat. They seem to now have infiltrated most of our social media. It sounds pathetic, but much as I like football, the thing they would most notice of is a World Cup boycott. Its the least we can do, but we'd need our EU friends back us up (oh no , I forgot, we've made enemies of them too....)
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 22:04   #73
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Not all Russian people like Putin and they would like to see him gone....
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:49   #74
RizzyKing

I'd say the majority of ordinary Russians would be happy with no Putin but given the state surveillance that's been ramped up by Putin it's a brave russian that would whisper that. The increase in positive russian social media coverage has everything to do with two social media departments setup one by the fsb in st petersburg and the other by the ministry for foreign affairs in moscow. Estimates range from fifty thousand upto two hundred and fifty thousand being paid to put up pro russian comments as well as adopting names in english and claiming to be nationals from the west that support everything russia does and saying they wish they lived in russia.

It's digital propaganda and it's mostly bovine excrement but it seems to keep vlad happy he likes positive comments even when he's paying for them.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:08   #75
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Never met anyone online who is pro Putin or Russia..My spider senses would be tingling if I had.