Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 19-07-2018, 19:17   #5431
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My sister told my mum, dad & me that my niece is 1 stone under weight and therfore anorexic, she had been watching what she eats.

Through work my sister has private healthcare and has an apointment with a Dr on Monday, the outcome will decide if my sister has to cancel her holiday in 2 weeks, as she was told that as my niece is anorexic she could have a heart attack on the flight.

The holiday isn't insured, so if she cancels she loses the £2,000 it cost.

But as my nephew said to his mum when told, it's only money and we have each other.

So know I'll do anything to help my sister, and along with my parents pay for a holiday later.

My sister has cancelled her holiday and might get something back.

My nieces GF "R" told my sister that my niece was crying and had download a calorie counting app.

Then yesterday she poured my niece a large glass of full fat milk, then virtually stood over her, to drink it but my neice said "theres no need to stand over me I'll drink it"

A short while later she went into the kitchen and "R" heard the tap go. she ran into the kitchen and my niece has a empty glass and said that she had finished it and was getting some water.

Then "R" challenged here about this and asked if she poured the milk away, my neice said yes, so "R" poured another glass and stood there while she drank it.

I own "R" a huge hug and thanks.

I also think my niece is become a liar and deciteful over this. I only hope she doesn't start making herself sick.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:24   #5432
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Just found out VM is losing Dave and Alibi.

WTF no more Murdoch Mysteries
Old 20-07-2018, 15:53   #5433
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
My sister has cancelled her holiday and might get something back.

My nieces GF "R" told my sister that my niece was crying and had download a calorie counting app.

Then yesterday she poured my niece a large glass of full fat milk, then virtually stood over her, to drink it but my neice said "theres no need to stand over me I'll drink it"

A short while later she went into the kitchen and "R" heard the tap go. she ran into the kitchen and my niece has a empty glass and said that she had finished it and was getting some water.

Then "R" challenged here about this and asked if she poured the milk away, my neice said yes, so "R" poured another glass and stood there while she drank it.

I own "R" a huge hug and thanks.

I also think my niece is become a liar and deciteful over this. I only hope she doesn't start making herself sick.

I would imagine that nearly all people with an ED become deceitful, I personally think that is just part of the illness sadly as the person suffering know's family and friends are worried so I suspect rightly or wrongly they think that they are safeguarding the people they care about by trying to reassure them that they have eaten or drank something with high calories or full fat.

I honestly do not think for one minute that your niece is doing this to hurt loved ones as I honestly think your niece and many with ED become deceitful out of love.

https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....d-about-friend

Old 20-07-2018, 16:22   #5434
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look
Old 20-07-2018, 16:40   #5435
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Try and not take it personally Hom3r if your niece does tell the odd fib to you and her loved ones like I say I reckon she is only trying to save your feelings as she know's you get hurt if she say's that she has not eaten and she obviously does not want to hurt you hence the white lie.

Last edited by weenie; 20-07-2018 at 16:54.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 12:46   #5436
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Try and not take it personally Hom3r if your niece does tell the odd fib to you and her loved ones like I say I reckon she is only trying to save your feelings as she know's you get hurt if she say's that she has not eaten and she obviously does not want to hurt you hence the white lie.

I saw my Niece and "R" yseterday and gave "R" a hug and thanked her fpr what she's doing.

Walking behind them with my sister we both could see how skinny my niece was.

But she has everyone looking out for her, and ready to kick her up the backside shoud we waver.

She will also gave counciling every Friday PM, which my Brother In-Law will take her to.
Old 22-07-2018, 14:33   #5437
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
I saw my Niece and "R" yseterday and gave "R" a hug and thanked her fpr what she's doing.

Walking behind them with my sister we both could see how skinny my niece was.

But she has everyone looking out for her, and ready to kick her up the backside shoud we waver.

She will also gave counciling every Friday PM, which my Brother In-Law will take her to.
I went to counselling and all I can say in regards to my Counsellor she was truly wonderful and I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say that that counselling changed my life in more ways than I ever thought was possible, it made me realise many things and change many things in my life all for the better, I basically learned how to say no and enough is enough.

I know I went to counselling for something completely different from your niece but I hope and pray that your niece will find counselling as beneficial as I did Hom3r
Old 22-07-2018, 15:41   #5438
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Whilst not having any first hand experience of anorexia, please remember that as much as it is a physical illness, it is also a mental illness. To her, when she is a normal weight for the doctors, she will still feel deep down inside that she is overweight and fat. Counselling will help her deal with the underlying mental side of why she feels she is fat, overweight, gross etc.

All you can do as her family is be there to support her, and remember that comments we might make as a joke to one another, ie calling someone greedy guts in a jesting manner for eating more, could trigger a relapse in her. She will get better, slowly but she will get better. And if she feels that you are pushing her, she will rebel against the treatment.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 16:37   #5439
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Put in my appeal against the PIP decision and it's now gone to tribunal.

However I got the letter 3 weeks ago and still nothing back from the DWP yet. This has now been on going since March. They really do drag their heels. Grrrrr.
Old 22-07-2018, 19:06   #5440
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Put in my appeal against the PIP decision and it's now gone to tribunal.

However I got the letter 3 weeks ago and still nothing back from the DWP yet. This has now been on going since March. They really do drag their heels. Grrrrr.
A tribunal hearing can take up to 6 months Stephen depending on the area and the backlogs the tribunals have in those areas.
Old 22-07-2018, 20:00   #5441
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

My easy assembly 5 tier shelving rack took more than 4 hours to complete, one cut finger later it's up!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 20:35   #5442
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A tribunal hearing can take up to 6 months Stephen depending on the area and the backlogs the tribunals have in those areas.
The DWP haven't even responded yet. I would have thought they had to write to us by now.
Old 22-07-2018, 20:40   #5443
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
The DWP haven't even responded yet. I would have thought they had to write to us by now.
My experiences and others are that the system is very slow as the DWP are pretty slow at gathering up all the relevant information before they contact the claimant about the tribunal as it took months for the next door neighbour to hear from them and get a date for his tribunal hearing.
Old 22-07-2018, 20:53   #5444
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

To be honest I was hoping it wouldn't get that far. I was only 2 points away from getting it.
Old 22-07-2018, 21:01   #5445
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
To be honest I was hoping it wouldn't get that far. I was only 2 points away from getting it.
This is a very useful site for helping claimants with advice as it cost a little bit to join but its well worth it.

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/