Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Old 22-07-2018, 15:52   #166
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: VM loses UKTV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
as John Malone owns Discovery (hence half of UKTV) and VM then he should get someone to sort this out; its starting to be silly!
If he has not already he should intervene personally. A total and utter shambles

It seems now that Virgin were not that bothered about the pay tv channels of UKTV and now they are more interested in the free ones without Gold etc.

Instead of point scoring Virgin and UKTV just need to sort it out.

As Jm owns both companies I am amazed things have been allowed to get this far in the first place as surely this is a massive own goal that hurts both, but more importantly inconveniences a lot of customers.
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2018, 15:52   #167
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

If you're getting withdrawal symptoms then you can stream the missing channels from https://tvplayer.com Premium channels require a subscription of around £8 a month but I'm sure you could bargain at least this amount out of retentions using it as a lever.

Needs a smart TV with a suitable app / browser or a PC/lappy connected to the set.
Old 22-07-2018, 15:58   #168
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I remember when Sky had carriage issues with Discovery and Virgin on Twitter were telling people we have access to all the Discovery channels we'd be delighted to welcome you it seems Sky are doing the same now on Twitter.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 16:01   #169
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I remember when Sky had carriage issues with Discovery and Virgin on Twitter were telling people we have access to all the Discovery channels we'd be delighted to welcome you it seems Sky are doing the same now on Twitter.
Playground games it seems MM.
Old 22-07-2018, 16:06   #170
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
If you're getting withdrawal symptoms then you can stream the missing channels from https://tvplayer.com Premium channels require a subscription of around £8 a month but I'm sure you could bargain at least this amount out of retentions using it as a lever.

Needs a smart TV with a suitable app / browser or a PC/lappy connected to the set.
Or just wait for VM to pull their fingers which they'll be forced to. I never remember seeing such fall out and coverage over TV packages, it's headline news. Even if resolved this is causing VM damage.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 16:30   #171
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

My sister is furious as GOLD is one of her favourite channels. She feels no loyalty to Virgin whatsoever but sadly can't get Sky where she lives because the tower block uses a shared satalite dish which is absolutely useless. I know this because she tried them before and couldn't record a channel whilst watching another. She had Sky out several times but nothing ever improved.
So where I can see where Virgin are coming from I think they have badly let their customers down over this. I hope they resolve this issue quickly because if they don't they will loose customers.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 16:43   #172
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
My sister is furious as GOLD is one of her favourite channels. She feels no loyalty to Virgin whatsoever but sadly can't get Sky where she lives because the tower block uses a shared satalite dish which is absolutely useless. I know this because she tried them before and couldn't record a channel whilst watching another. She had Sky out several times but nothing ever improved.
So where I can see where Virgin are coming from I think they have badly let their customers down over this. I hope they resolve this issue quickly because if they don't they will loose customers.
one thing for sure they both need to stop blaming each other and talk to get it sorted
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 16:53   #173
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Or just wait for VM to pull their fingers which they'll be forced to. I never remember seeing such fall out and coverage over TV packages, it's headline news. Even if resolved this is causing VM damage.
It happened with Discovery not so long ago and Sky One before that.
Old 22-07-2018, 16:55   #174
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Well I'm in trouble for buying VM now, wife cannot get to her favourite programmes on Really and Home in particular, so its "my fault" for buying VM TV. Get it sorted VM!! But I do have a plan as can connect the main TV to Freeview to still see, but needs some work in the loft!

Crazy F2A channels not on VM at least in this dispute although we just started watching Harrow on Alibi as well so this dispute has come at the worst time for me!!
There must be some compensation you can get it's bad enough getting in trouble with the OH when it is our fault. But in this case VM should be compensating you.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 16:59   #175
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It happened with Discovery not so long ago and Sky One before that.
That was the Sky Basics dispute in 2007 which took a fair while to resolve..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6389015.stm
Old 22-07-2018, 17:37   #176
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Telewest was good for dispute.

HISTORY was drop for 12 hours.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20.../broadcasting2

Telewest drop Nickelodeon channels!!
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=21503
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 17:42   #177
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Telewest was good for dispute.

HISTORY was drop for 12 hours.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20.../broadcasting2

Telewest drop Nickelodeon channels!!
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=21503
l was just a young whippersnapper all those years ago.
Old 22-07-2018, 18:23   #178
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Sky News have joined the number of media outlets reporting on the departure

https://news.sky.com/story/virgin-me...v-row-11445555
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 18:30   #179
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

What do Discovery think about it being axe from Virgin Media?

My own view this we can see Liberty Global making an bid to buy BBC 50% stake in UKTV then drop all BBC Shows and use All3Media more.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 18:32   #180
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

Indeed when they , the BBC , the Guardian and others big media sites plus social media have it on the front online pages that's extremely bad press headlines for Virgin Media in anybody's book.