Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Really surprised that his works!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Really surprised that his works!

Old 01-01-2020, 17:11   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Really surprised that his works!

At a friend's party l was interduced to a work mate whom he his known for many years. Enough background .any way having found out that I use virgin ( won't do this for sky users) he offered to setup Sky on my smart TV. Assured that it was not a joke I surcomed he came earlier this week .Seems that he typed into what looked like dos taking things off a memory stick .Now on my dashboard I have a button which when selected brings up sky epg .Have to use my VPN and it will not record unless I use a USB and record what's playing .other than that it's works we!!. Guess l will cancel virgin when contract runs out ,set up freebies with pvr to record bits and pieces . Look of cheapest bb it's seems it works with any speed bb.
Old 01-01-2020, 19:01   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: really surprised that his works!

Obviously your post makes no sense(atleast to me), so more info needed.
Old 01-01-2020, 20:31   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
At a friend's party l was interduced to a work mate whom he his known for many years. Enough background .any way having found out that I use virgin ( won't do this for sky users) he offered to setup Sky on my smart TV. Assured that it was not a joke I surcomed he came earlier this week .Seems that he typed into what looked like dos taking things off a memory stick .Now on my dashboard I have a button which when selected brings up sky epg .Have to use my VPN and it will not record unless I use a USB and record what's playing .other than that it's works we!!. Guess l will cancel virgin when contract runs out ,set up freebies with pvr to record bits and pieces . Look of cheapest bb it's seems it works with any speed bb.
Sounds to me like an illegal site. Beware, you are dealing with the criminal fraternity. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Additionally, you are running the risk of prosecution by using such sites. Legal action has been concentrated on those supplying the pirated material to date, but this may change.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 22:55   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Sounds like IPTV
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 01:34   #5
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Really surprised that his works!

Wonder how many days this will continue working for?
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:11   #6
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Sounds like IPTV
He absolutely sideloaded an IPTV app onto his TV, Sky TV skin to go with it. I know a very specific app that is a Sky Q clone and it has umpteen resellers.

As for the above post, it'll last till the subscription expires or the host drops.

Lastly, I did something like this way back, well at least a family member tried to. As also said It's illegal and immoral. It was then and is now. Could easily write this off as naivety, OP clearly has no idea what's happened.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 07-01-2020 at 02:15.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:46   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Just to throw into the mix, the Fraud Act 2006 was designed to put the taking of services without paying for them, on a similar legal footing as taking goods without paying for them. Taking goods without paying for them is called theft and can land you in a magistrate’s court where you get a criminal conviction. Taking services without paying for them (this includes tv subscriptions) is dealt with in exactly the same way. Yes, it is harder to get hold of the “users” in these cases, and yes, the police do tend to concentrate their resources on the suppliers, but the taking of tv services without paying for them is nonetheless a criminal act.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:34   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I've got another hack, plug an aerial into the back of your TV and you can get loads of channels VM and others charge for, for free
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:36   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Likely fraudulent (hence the need for the VPN) and will likely stop working at some point, once the Police seize the server and arrest the owner.

If you want Sky, and don't want the satellite dish (for whatever reason), the best option is probably "Now TV" (https://www.nowtv.com ), which you pay for whatever sky options you want, then get access to all their on demand stuff, but the only thing required to access it is an app and a broadband connection. Sky seem to have apps for most devices..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 15:27   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Sky will also be launching Sky over Broadband (Sky X) - supposedly this year.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 13:12   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Sky will also be launching Sky over Broadband (Sky X) - supposedly this year.
Be interesting to see if they release that as well as Now TV, or instead of Now TV, with Now TV being a low price introduction to Sky.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 00:15   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
It appears that you are happy to fund terrorism, human trafficking etc as long as you save a few quid. Strange as you often like to imply how wealthy you are on here.

As Old Boy says, you are dealing with the criminal fraternity and it's things like this, selling contraband etc that generates their income. Shame on you.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:17   #13
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Be interesting to see if they release that as well as Now TV, or instead of Now TV, with Now TV being a low price introduction to Sky.
Now TV is 720p, but Sky X is expected to be 1080p, so I think they will keep both, for now at least.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:20   #14
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Now TV is 720p, but Sky X is expected to be 1080p, so I think they will keep both, for now at least.
Now TV Boost offers 1080p on most content now.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:42   #15
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It appears that you are happy to fund terrorism, human trafficking etc as long as you save a few quid. Strange as you often like to imply how wealthy you are on here.

As Old Boy says, you are dealing with the criminal fraternity and it's things like this, selling contraband etc that generates their income. Shame on you.
Well, that escalated quickly...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote