Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 02-09-2018, 14:50   #5566
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

I've had the week from hell my hubby has been in a hell of a lot of pain and it has been really hard for us as a family to witness and personally I have never felt so completely helpless but as a family, we are doing all we can to help which hubby finds extremely frustrating as he is usually the one carrying the shopping from the car, making sure the house is all secure last thing at night, taking the bins out etc

Long story short hubby has been nursing a sore back for a few weeks now and last Sunday his back went completely at his work in where it affected his left leg to go completely numb among other symptoms, so on Monday he got an emergency appointment in where the doctor gave him some pain relief which did not touch the pain at all, so another appointment with the doctor on Wednesday where he saw another doctor who did a few tests and was sent away with this time some really strong stuff in where he was given Gabapentin 300mg (one 3 x daily), Tramadol 50mg (two 4 x daily), Ibuprofen 400mg (one 3 x daily) unfortunately while these have been somewhat effective they are not killing his pain so I'm going to try and another appointment tomorrow for him, the doctor suspects he has Sciatica.

On Wednesday his boss phoned him and after discussing this matter with his boss, the big boss man then called my hubby's and he arranged for him to see the works Physiotherapist on Thursday and during this consultation the physiotherapist suspects hubby may have Sciatica or a herniated disc but he did say his money was on the latter I'm just hoping that the Physio that his work has arranged will make my hubby more comfortable as atm he looks like the walking dead through not being able to sleep because of the pain he is in and bless him he keeps apologising we have all said he has nothing to apologise for I think he is also feeling helpless tbh.

I'm also quite shattered tbh hopefully when I get my B12 injection tomorrow this should help.

My eldest did give his Dad a laugh when he said last week Dad I'm going to check the house and make sure the alarm is on as if anyone breaks in I'm the man of the house atm and let's face it we're goofed if anyone breaks in.

I'm just so grateful that hubby's work offers Physio as I dread to think how long this service would take on the NHS or cost going private as I remember years ago hubby attended a Chiropractic when he injured himself while doing Tae Kwon Do and that cost us a small fortune at the time but saying that it was money well spent at the time.

Last edited by weenie; 02-09-2018 at 15:05.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2018, 15:24   #5567
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I've had the week from hell my hubby has been in a hell of a lot of pain and it has been really hard for us as a family to witness and personally I have never felt so completely helpless but as a family, we are doing all we can to help which hubby finds extremely frustrating as he is usually the one carrying the shopping from the car, making sure the house is all secure last thing at night, taking the bins out etc

Long story short hubby has been nursing a sore back for a few weeks now and last Sunday his back went completely at his work in where it affected his left leg to go completely numb among other symptoms, so on Monday he got an emergency appointment in where the doctor gave him some pain relief which did not touch the pain at all, so another appointment with the doctor on Wednesday where he saw another doctor who did a few tests and was sent away with this time some really strong stuff in where he was given Gabapentin 300mg (one 3 x daily), Tramadol 50mg (two 4 x daily), Ibuprofen 400mg (one 3 x daily) unfortunately while these have been somewhat effective they are not killing his pain so I'm going to try and another appointment tomorrow for him, the doctor suspects he has Sciatica.

On Wednesday his boss phoned him and after discussing this matter with his boss, the big boss man then called my hubby's and he arranged for him to see the works Physiotherapist on Thursday and during this consultation the physiotherapist suspects hubby may have Sciatica or a herniated disc but he did say his money was on the latter I'm just hoping that the Physio that his work has arranged will make my hubby more comfortable as atm he looks like the walking dead through not being able to sleep because of the pain he is in and bless him he keeps apologising we have all said he has nothing to apologise for I think he is also feeling helpless tbh.

I'm also quite shattered tbh hopefully when I get my B12 injection tomorrow this should help.

My eldest did give his Dad a laugh when he said last week Dad I'm going to check the house and make sure the alarm is on as if anyone breaks in I'm the man of the house atm and let's face it we're goofed if anyone breaks in.

I'm just so grateful that hubby's work offers Physio as I dread to think how long this service would take on the NHS or cost going private as I remember years ago hubby attended a Chiropractic when he injured himself while doing Tae Kwon Do and that cost us a small fortune at the time but saying that it was money well spent at the time.
I had something similar a few months ago, pain enough to make it impossible to sleep and pain down the leg I did pay for private physio, wasn't too bad, £50 for an hour, worth every penny. It does get better but takes weeks and rest I'm afraid. Did get an NHS appointment eventually, that wasn't nearly as thorough or involve much in the way of treatment.

Make sure he does rest (NOT bed rest !) and does all the exercises he'll have been given. Drugs are all very well but they are masking the problem. Dont him fall into the trap of feeling a bit better, then trying to do something....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 15:35   #5568
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Thanks, Mr K honestly hubby has quite a high pain tolerance so I know it must be bad and just last night he actually got out of bed and laid down on the bedroom floor and he said to me if I fall asleep leave me, he did fall asleep and all I could do was lay a blanket on him.

The physio he saw through his work has given him some gentle exercises to do which do seem to be helping but hubby basically said what you said as the Physio said to hubby the trouble with pain relief is they do not solve the problem just mask it, the works Physio has said that hubby should not return to work for at least 4 weeks due to the work he does, but the trouble with hubby is knowing him I fear he will return to soon, I really hope he doesn't and I will do my best that he takes all the time off that is recommended. We are fortunate enough that hubby still gets his wages while off work sick, as he gets full pay for 6 months then it's half-pay thereafter so really there is no need for him to return beforehand surely I'm not that hard to live with

Last edited by weenie; 02-09-2018 at 15:54.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 16:26   #5569
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
Yes it is. I hope in my lifetime someone can find a cure for it. We must surely be able to make big strides towards that?
They have progressed so much in this field but still much still has to be done as we are losing our loved one and it is hard to except,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 16:36   #5570
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Thanks, Mr K honestly hubby has quite a high pain tolerance so I know it must be bad and just last night he actually got out of bed and laid down on the bedroom floor and he said to me if I fall asleep leave me, he did fall asleep and all I could do was lay a blanket on him.

The physio he saw through his work has given him some gentle exercises to do which do seem to be helping but hubby basically said what you said as the Physio said to hubby the trouble with pain relief is they do not solve the problem just mask it, the works Physio has said that hubby should not return to work for at least 4 weeks due to the work he does, but the trouble with hubby is knowing him I fear he will return to soon, I really hope he doesn't and I will do my best that he takes all the time off that is recommended. We are fortunate enough that hubby still gets his wages while off work sick, as he gets full pay for 6 months then it's half-pay thereafter so really there is no need for him to return beforehand surely I'm not that hard to live with
What a nightmare weenie. I hope that the cause is established soon and the correct course of treatment can be started. Love to you all and gentle hugs to your husband.
Old 02-09-2018, 16:53   #5571
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Weenie I know what your hubby is going through, I had the same pains in 2004 and was on the list to have a spinal disc removed and one repaired, The waiting list then was a year, so we had to go private and pay £4,000 , I hope he gets relieve from someone,
Old 02-09-2018, 17:57   #5572
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

@ Jo Thank you and already done although D did look at me rather strangely when I said that's a gentle hug from Jo, then the penny dropped and he said Jo from your forum

@ nash yes going private may be worth considering if D needs an operation although naturally, I'm hoping that with the right meds and Physio he can avoid the need of this.

The trouble with D is he is not the type of man who sits around he is alway's doing something or helping someone with something and being laid up is just as frustrating for him as being in pain.

The good news is our eldest is working locally this week which is good from our point of view as last week he was away for a couple of day's, with our eldest working locally he can help with the little things like picking up my Dad's laundry and returning it as he works in the same town where my Dad lives and that will be a huge help to me atm.
Old 02-09-2018, 21:23   #5573
nashville
nashville

Quote:
@ Jo Thank you and already done although D did look at me rather strangely when I said that's a gentle hug from Jo, then the penny dropped and he said Jo from your forum

@ nash yes going private may be worth considering if D needs an operation although naturally, I'm hoping that with the right meds and Physio he can avoid the need of this.

The trouble with D is he is not the type of man who sits around he is alway's doing something or helping someone with something and being laid up is just as frustrating for him as being in pain.

The good news is our eldest is working locally this week which is good from our point of view as last week he was away for a couple of day's, with our eldest working locally he can help with the little things like picking up my Dad's laundry and returning it as he works in the same town where my Dad lives and that will be a huge help to me atm.
Hope the pain eases off soon,
Old 05-09-2018, 11:01   #5574
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Trying to re-arrange a medical appointment which they told me to do but alas l have to phone back in a week or so in order try to get a new appointment.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:37   #5575
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Trying to re-arrange a medical appointment which they told me to do but alas l have to phone back in a week or so in order try to get a new appointment.
NHS is getting worse each day like the police, Railways etc, Seems like no does anything right these days Den,
Old 05-09-2018, 11:47   #5576
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
NHS is getting worse each day like the police, Railways etc, Seems like no does anything right these days Den,
Going through parts of Weymouth yesterday with the family and there was several unsavoury groups in certain areas and yet you could not see a Policeman anywhere nash.
Old 05-09-2018, 14:20   #5577
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Going through parts of Weymouth yesterday with the family and there was several unsavoury groups in certain areas and yet you could not see a Policeman anywhere nash.
You can't be too careful these days Den, you would need eyes in the back of your head, . Did you have a go at any bingo, as you are usually lucky
Old 05-09-2018, 14:30   #5578
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
You can't be too careful these days Den, you would need eyes in the back of your head, . Did you have a go at any bingo, as you are usually lucky
No not enough time for bingo nash but next year the family are planning a more prolonged summer get together in Dorset which could well include a visit to the bingo being among the planned itinerary.
Old 05-09-2018, 14:58   #5579
nashville
nashville

Quote:
No not enough time for bingo nash but next year the family are planning a more prolonged summer get together in Dorset which could well include a visit to the bingo being among the planned itinerary.
Ok Take Care
Old 06-09-2018, 07:46   #5580
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Good luck with that one Den.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote