Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HUB3 WPS button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

HUB3 WPS button

Old 26-01-2018, 17:29   #1
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
HUB3 WPS button

Hi, hope someone can help me here, I am trying to connect a Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender to my Hub 3, I've followed the instructions as per the quick start guide, but when I press the WPS button on the front of the HUB 3 after pressing the wps button on the extender to pair the device with my network, instead of just seeing the normal WiFi green signal on the HUB 3 I am also seeing two green arrows pointing in different directions just below the green Wifi signal, this seems to be preventing me from connecting my Netgear extender, all help welcomed.

Thx
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2018, 17:41   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: HUB3 WPS button

A short press on the WPS button on the Hub 3.0 will show the status lights.

You need to hold it down until the WiFi light starts flashing.
Old 26-01-2018, 18:10   #3
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Thanks Ben.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

I'm having no luck it would seem, it just will not connect/pair with the HUB 3, even though it's only about 4 feet from it, any ideas?

Thx
Old 26-01-2018, 20:20   #4
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

I got it working, eventually, I still think the HUB 3 is pretty crap on the WiFi side, I get better results using 2G than 5G!
Old 27-01-2018, 00:14   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I got it working, eventually, I still think the HUB 3 is pretty crap on the WiFi side, I get better results using 2G than 5G!

2.4Ghz will give you greater range but with less bandwidth compared to 5Ghz which is faster but shorter range.
Old 27-01-2018, 00:42   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
2.4Ghz will give you greater range but with less bandwidth compared to 5Ghz which is faster but shorter range.
At four feet separation surely the 5 GHz should be faster for Mad Max, think i'll stick with shub 2 as long as i can.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 02:02   #7
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
At four feet separation surely the 5 GHz should be faster for Mad Max, think i'll stick with shub 2 as long as i can.

Yes you would think so mate, but it isn't, it's as I said, crap!!
Old 27-01-2018, 02:10   #8
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes you would think so mate, but it isn't, it's as I said, crap!!
Have you tried setting the channels manually rather than leaving on auto ? you might have something interfering with the channel it auto sets to.
Old 27-01-2018, 02:22   #9
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Have you tried setting the channels manually rather than leaving on auto ? you might have something interfering with the channel it auto sets to.

No I haven't tried that mate, I'm not sure how to go about it actually, so if you want to tell me how to do it that would be great, thanks...
Old 27-01-2018, 02:28   #10
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
No I haven't tried that mate, I'm not sure how to go about it actually, so if you want to tell me how to do it that would be great, thanks...
https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...rgin-Media-Hub

I think it's in advanced settings, turn off auto for channel select, from memory I think channels 1, 6 or 11 are the best ones to try first.
Old 27-01-2018, 13:41   #11
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:

I think it's in advanced settings, turn off auto for channel select, from memory I think channels 1, 6 or 11 are the best ones to try first.

Thanks.
Old 27-01-2018, 13:55   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Those are 2.5GHz channels.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 14:17   #13
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Those are 2.5GHz channels.
Ah, ok thanks. It's been quite a while since i had to do this. Does 5 GHz not have a similar range of manual channels ?
Old 27-01-2018, 15:04   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, but honestly it is best to leave the Hub in Auto mode.

If you think there is a channel issue then just reboot the Hub. It will find the least congested channels at startup.