Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is ir free for virgin mobile to virgin landline?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Is ir free for virgin mobile to virgin landline?

Old 31-05-2011, 16:29   #1
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough
Is ir free for virgin mobile to virgin landline?

I think it's the other way round but the partner recalls being told that it's free to phone a virgin landline from a virgin mobile. So do any other virgin mobile customers know for sure cos she keeps giving me earache over getting it sorted.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2011, 16:38   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura
Re: Is ir free for virgin mobile to virgin landline?

As a Virgin Media customer you get free calls to Virgin Mobiles as part of your existing Virgin Phone package.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/talk-mobile2.html
Old 31-05-2011, 18:12   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave9946 View Post
I think it's the other way round but the partner recalls being told that it's free to phone a virgin landline from a virgin mobile. So do any other virgin mobile customers know for sure cos she keeps giving me earache over getting it sorted.
It's only free landline to vm mobile. Also it's only free if that mobile has made a chargeable call in the last month.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 18:15   #4
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

It is a bit strange that it isn't free from mobile to landline. Hopefully they will introduce that soon.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 18:22   #5
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that, just wanted confirmation.
Old 31-05-2011, 19:46   #6
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
It is a bit strange that it isn't free from mobile to landline. Hopefully they will introduce that soon.
It is free if the mobile and landline are registered to the same account. ie from your VM mobile to your home phone.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 22:22   #7
Dave9946
Inactive

The gf still wont let this go as she is certain she was told it free to call virgin phones from her mobile and she may be partially right. As she has just looked at her allowance online because inclusive minutes are going down the same way as last month when she ended up with a hugh bill.

Online it clearly shows 3000 (unlimited fair use I guess) virgin to virgin minutes with none used yet she knows she will have made a good 200 mins of calls to our landline and her brothers (also virgin landline of cause) yet the allowence is still stuck and showing 3000.

The online alowance does not state virgin mobile to virgin mobile or virgin mobile to virgin landline but simly 3000 virgin to virgin minutes. As this fails to say 1 way or the other could she have a valid claim as it seems more reasonable to assume it any virgin phone seeing as it's a virgin customer exclusive tarrif that she is on and recalls having unlimited virgin to virgin minutes offered when she took it out?
Old 31-05-2011, 22:30   #8
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave9946 View Post
The gf still wont let this go as she is certain she was told it free to call virgin phones from her mobile and she may be partially right. As she has just looked at her allowance online because inclusive minutes are going down the same way as last month when she ended up with a hugh bill.

Online it clearly shows 3000 (unlimited fair use I guess) virgin to virgin minutes with none used yet she knows she will have made a good 200 mins of calls to our landline and her brothers (also virgin landline of cause) yet the allowence is still stuck and showing 3000.

The online alowance does not state virgin mobile to virgin mobile or virgin mobile to virgin landline but simly 3000 virgin to virgin minutes. As this fails to say 1 way or the other could she have a valid claim as it seems more reasonable to assume it any virgin phone seeing as it's a virgin customer exclusive tarrif that she is on and recalls having unlimited virgin to virgin minutes offered when she took it out?

Tell her to dial 789 and choose option 1 to listen to her allowances - it clearly states 'to other virgin mobile phones'

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
It is free if the mobile and landline are registered to the same account. ie from your VM mobile to your home phone.
That's interesting, I get charged for calls to my landline from my vm phone.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 22:43   #9
crushednutts
Inactive

crushednutts is an unknown quantity at this point

AFAIK: ANY call from Virgin mobile to any landline including Virgin comes out of inclusive minutes at a minimuml charge of 34p for anything less than a minute.

Check the calls made list online at Virginmobile./
crushednutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 23:12   #10
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Calls to Virgin Mobiles are included in whatever 'free' period you get with the package you are on; M, L or XL

http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/compare-packages.html
Quote:
Unlimited calls to UK landlines and Virgin mobiles, either at weekends, evenings and weekends, or anytime
Sorry! I got the other thing the wrong way round

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...as-you-go.html
"Calls to your Virgin Mobile phone from your Virgin Media home phone" are free (up to 60 mins)"

The most annoying thing is I get it wrong every time

Glad we got that sorted out
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 19:58   #11
Dave9946
Inactive

Yeah she had hell with them today over this because she says the sales staff in store told her virgin to virgin free mins included virgin landline to. And I know what it says on the phone when checking the balance because she tried that last night but online it does not clarify the issue on her account it just says virgin to virgin.

She is looking at trying to get out of the contract on that basis alone because she calls her brother a hell of a lot on his virgin landline and thats part of the reason she went near 200mins over last months. It's been near 3 months now and virgin mobile says no chance. Is there any right to cancell seeing as she reported the problem near a month ago upon noticing a problem with the second bill?.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:50   #12
mummypooh
Inactive

mummypooh is an unknown quantity at this point

It is free for Virgin media to Virgin mobile provided you call at the right time....if you have evening and weekend calls for example with your landline its only free then to call virgin mobile. The mobile has to of made at least one chargable call in the month aswell......They wont be making it free to call from your virgin mobile to your virgin landline because they dont have the technology to differentiate between a bt landline and virgin for example.

Thanks
mummypooh is offline   Reply With Quote