Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 500mb Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

500mb Question

Old 29-04-2019, 18:39   #46
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
i'm also a Homeworks customer.
Isn't that only £10? Do you have extras on top of the VIP package to make it £180?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2019, 20:02   #47
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
If you select the V.VIP bundle, then personalise it and remove everything but the broadband, it allows you to order broadband only.

When you remove the SIM it warns you that you'll "lose your speed boost" but nothing changes.

However, it is £62.80 a month, with no discounts.

https://imgur.com/djgoGvS

Nice try but it won't work! Message say sorry u can't have 500Mbps on it standalone as it only for VVIP TV Bundles package but can choose other broadnand standalone are 350/21 (but we know it will be 350/35)
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 20:13   #48
magnentius
Inactive

magnentius is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Lincoln showing 500 Mbs available guess I might call retentions tomorrow as price is less than I am currently paying and due to renegotiate anyway, have you tried yet?
magnentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 20:49   #49
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

let me know how things go. It says I can have it but only with the v.vip package
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 21:36   #50
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I see this when i check services in my area.

Chatted with online sales agent and got this:

"As for the moment, the availability of the 500mbps speed is for the bundle which is VVIP. But do not worry, once this package will stabilize with, surely you can get it even if you have broadband only with us. "
I assume you were talking to the foreign call centre with grammar like that!

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Quote:
i'm also a Homeworks customer.
What's Homeworks? I've not heard of that before.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 22:01   #51
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I assume you were talking to the foreign call centre with grammar like that!

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

What's Homeworks? I've not heard of that before.
https://store.virginmedia.com/discov...homeworks.html
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 10:49   #52
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

This is rubbish. I have a TV + V6 + Phone + Broadband package, but because I don't want two TiVos, all the channels, a mobile SIM, and full landline calls package, that makes me ineligible for 500Mb? Wtf Virgin. Do you want my money or not?
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 11:46   #53
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I'm sure it will change, do you need the extra download though or just want it as upload has been increased and is the same?
Old 30-04-2019, 12:00   #54
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Personally I don't see the need for 500 now that 350 has the extra upload, unless you're in say a student household with a lot of heavy streamers / downloaders.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 12:10   #55
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Personally I don't see the need for 500 now that 350 has the extra upload, unless you're in say a student household with a lot of heavy streamers / downloaders.
Until such a time as all downloads happen instantaneously, faster speeds will always be desirable.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 12:12   #56
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
TBH if folks are crazy enough to hand Virgin £135 a month then they deserve the extra 150Mbps! ☺️ ... personally 350/35 will do us mere mortals... hell I've a Netgear R8000P and a A7000 AC1900 laptop dongle and I struggle to hit 300+ via WiFi! .... I’d imagine 500 is Ethernet only territory!
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 12:31   #57
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB79 View Post
TBH if folks are crazy enough to hand Virgin £135 a month then they deserve the extra 150Mbps! ☺️ ... personally 350/35 will do us mere mortals... hell I've a Netgear R8000P and a A7000 AC1900 laptop dongle and I struggle to hit 300+ via WiFi! .... I’d imagine 500 is Ethernet only territory!
Its £139. Those on the VIP package would pay £10pm more to get an extra 150Mb and an unlimited sim card.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 14:22   #58
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Many thanks, i'd never heard of this service up until now. It looks like the main selling point is that those working from home get next day fault repairs, but I get that anyway due to being disabled.

Do you find it worth payjng for?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 16:49   #59
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Many thanks, i'd never heard of this service up until now. It looks like the main selling point is that those working from home get next day fault repairs, but I get that anyway due to being disabled.

Do you find it worth payjng for?
No. Not really. I initiated it because before the 350Mb tier was rolled out to regular residential customers. it was a way of getting the upgrade early. Having said that, I am sure that if I wasn't using modem-only mode and my own router, I will have used the service more to achieve what I needed in my home network.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:16   #60
mikep
cf.member

mikep is an unknown quantity at this point

Tried to get on the new deal and they cant do it for a month or something? Is this something any one else experienced?
mikep is offline   Reply With Quote