Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 06-06-2020, 00:38   #9751
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Sport On The Box has a Premier League schedule at the bottom of this page which has the Pick TV logo against selected matches. So looks like they found out from somewhere.
https://sport-onthebox.com/2020/05/2...s-tv-coverage/
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2020, 13:17   #9752
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Sport On The Box has a Premier League schedule at the bottom of this page which has the Pick TV logo against selected matches. So looks like they found out from somewhere.
https://sport-onthebox.com/2020/05/2...s-tv-coverage/

Thanks for the link - 1 problem I have noticed with Pick TV is it isn't HD
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 14:01   #9753
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Now that live sports are kicking off again, your subscription is too. So, the credit on your next bill will be the last credit you receive, as we resume BT Sport coverage from 19th June 2020.

Your next bill will show your usual charge for your BT Sport subscription, with no credit applied. You’ll pay for BT Sport at the same price you were paying before the pause (unless you had a discount that’s since ended).
But I NEVER signed-up for a subscription! It was forced onto me (and many others who have no interest in sport of any kind)!

Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 15:05   #9754
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
But I NEVER signed-up for a subscription! It was forced onto me (and many others who have no interest in sport of any kind)!

It is a generic letter, presumably sent to all who applied for the pause of BT Sports subs.

Look at it another way, you benefitted from a rebate for BT Sports not being able to show sports you weren't interested in so you got a rebate for losing nothing
Old 06-06-2020, 15:34   #9755
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me or is the sound not synced?
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 18:20   #9756
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999;36038602.
Look at it another way, you benefited from a rebate for BT Sports not being able to show sports you weren't interested in so you got a rebate for losing nothing
But now I will have to pay for something I have no interest in.
Old 06-06-2020, 20:46   #9757
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Thanks for the link - 1 problem I have noticed with Pick TV is it isn't HD
You didn't actually think that Sky would give away for free anything in HD, did you?
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 20:48   #9758
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Back to the status quo then.

I wasn't with VM before the deal to add BT Sports to the top TV pack.

Wasn't it added at no additional cost? If so you aren't paying anything for it and the refund for recent months was an unexpected bonus.

I am sure someone will correct me if my assumption was wrong.
Old 06-06-2020, 20:58   #9759
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Same here. I am on the maximum oomph, or whatever it's called but don't watch BT Sport or Sky Sports. I'm afraid that's the way it is. I don't watch many of the other channels, either!

Can you blame me for being attracted to the streamers, so that I don't have to subscribe to the ones that don't interest me? Far cheaper!

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Quote:
Back to the status quo then.

I wasn't with VM before the deal to add BT Sports to the top TV pack.

Wasn't it added at no additional cost? If so you aren't paying anything for it and the refund for recent months was an unexpected bonus.

I am sure someone will correct me if my assumption was wrong.
Those of us travelling through the space-time continuum would refer to this as an anomoly!

VM charged us no extra for giving us BT Sports, but now give us a discount when the channels cannot provide live sports. Very interesting!

Maybe we have travelled to a different dimension. Anyone have an alternative explanation?
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 21:31   #9760
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Although VM didn't charge extra for BT Sports, the unexpected discount for those on top package has identified the perceived cost of BT Sports.

Those who don't watch it now have an identifiable amount and an expectation of being able to obtain a discount for the future.

VM have obviously opened up a huge can of worms.

If they offer a discount (and remove BT Sports) for those on the top packages they are likely to also face calls for discounts from others who want unwatched channels removed (for instance children's, documentaries etc)

Is this going to be the end of packages as we know them?
Old 07-06-2020, 09:29   #9761
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

They already ended the old style TV packages with the introduction of MixIt and MaxIt, and the Personal Picks packs you add to the former.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:50   #9762
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
They already ended the old style TV packages with the introduction of MixIt and MaxIt, and the Personal Picks packs you add to the former.
I would like the option to pick the channels I want and not have to pay for a base package of channels that are mainly on freeview.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:08   #9763
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Looked at this when BT sports was added to package then price went up .sold as free at the time. My answer ( as l had no interest it it) was to look at the package that did not offer it . Didn't miss was also taken off so went down that road .As virgin put in more channels on lower tiers ,I find that I keep moving down. Spending money on Netflix (before virgin added it) and Amazon both really because I wished to see one show on each. Still find shows on Netflix but not Amazon so that will go soon . You need to be proactive with your choices . Move down and use secondary suppliers for other channels/shows
Old 07-06-2020, 12:48   #9764
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I would like the option to pick the channels I want and not have to pay for a base package of channels that are mainly on freeview.
You can, just watch the channels you are interested in and not those you aren't. VM and Sky are able to buy such a wide range of channels at a far cheaper cost than you can do directly because the providers know people will only watch a few channels so charge VM a few pence for each channel.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 13:01   #9765
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Wasn't it added at no additional cost?
No, it was added with a price increase for all. No ifs or buts. I remember the email I got explaining the price increase to cover its addition.

I have responded to their email saying my "subscription" for BT Sports will resume, by saying that I do not want my "subscription" to restart, and expect the full price drop of £9.25 to continue.

The "office" was closed when I sent this, so I expect a reaction tomorrow when the "office" reopens.