Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A Little Brainteaser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

A Little Brainteaser

Old 25-08-2005, 03:05   #1
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
A Little Brainteaser

Not sure if this is better suited here or elsewhere...

www.pythonchallenge.com
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2005, 10:52   #2
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
Re: A Little Brainteaser

As if I didn't have enough work to do today, now my brains going round trying to solve those. Good find though, cheers Gareth
philip.j.fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 11:58   #3
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Got to

Spoiler: 
http://www.pythonchallenge.com/pcc/def/equality.html

Now stuck
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 12:40   #4
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon M
Got to

Spoiler: 
http://www.pythonchallenge.com/pcc/def/equality.html

Now stuck
Finished that one, just on the next one now.
Old 25-08-2005, 12:57   #5
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Thing is I've done them so far without using code .....
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 13:00   #6
philip.j.fry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon M
Thing is I've done them so far without using code .....

You could be there a while with that one then. (I'm cheating and using Java)
Old 30-08-2005, 11:13   #7
kookook
Inactive

kookook is on a distinguished roadkookook is on a distinguished road

if only was good in math I would be able to figure this out. ...
kookook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 12:38   #8
makikomi
Inactive

Services: NTL cable
makikomi has reached the bronze age
makikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze agemakikomi has reached the bronze age

I've got to level 4 (I think) but searching for a small letter with 3 big ones either side will take me ages and I don't know code.

I did the previous one using find and replace.
makikomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 08:42   #9
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I couldnt even do the first one (I had to cheat and look up the answer)

I hope you guys like how I find good things and all...... They do on another VBB site im on and said keep it up

Take a look dues: www.cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6400&styleid=1
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 10:40   #10
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

That has to be one of the oldest necroposts.
Old 21-09-2020, 10:42   #11
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by makikomi View Post
I've got to level 4 (I think) but searching for a small letter with 3 big ones either side will take me ages and I don't know code.

I did the previous one using find and replace.
Not a Python coder but for regex

s/[A-Z]{3}([a-z])[A-Z]{3}/\1/

If the last 3 letters will be the same as the first then you can use a back reference.

s/([A-Z]{3})([a-z])\1/\2/
Old 21-09-2020, 13:04   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
That has to be one of the oldest necroposts.
I have no idea how he even dug this thread up, it’s not especially remarkable and it doesn’t top any way of listing threads (because it’s old, but nowhere near oldest, so you wouldn’t see it even if you sorted threads oldest first).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote