Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 14-09-2013, 23:40   #106
Gstevie
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media: TV-XL, 100Mb (Superhub 2), TiVo
Gstevie is on a distinguished roadGstevie is on a distinguished road
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakin View Post
Still working for you ?

I just got called from a friend close to your area who's lost his connection this morning. Checked mine and i'ts been going up and down like the panties of a $5 crack prozzie.
EDIT : I'm in the G72 area, not too far from you.
Are you on the Uddingston ubr too? Is the double speed checker showing end of October for u but u got an early upgrade to 120?
Gstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2013, 11:58   #107
deakin
cf.addict

deakin will become famous soon enoughdeakin will become famous soon enoughdeakin will become famous soon enough

I'm on the Rutherglen ubr.

We got our speed boosts a few months ago and yes they were a couple weeks early. However, don't quote me on this as i have a terrible memory.
deakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 18:39   #108
Gstevie
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media: TV-XL, 100Mb (Superhub 2), TiVo
Gstevie is on a distinguished roadGstevie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakin View Post
I'm on the Rutherglen ubr.

We got our speed boosts a few months ago and yes they were a couple weeks early. However, don't quote me on this as i have a terrible memory.
Ahh cool! That would have been the final straw, if they had let someone else upgrade I would have went mental at them! haha.

MartinDee Hows things going with ur connection?
Gstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 05:26   #109
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstevie View Post
Ahh cool! That would have been the final straw, if they had let someone else upgrade I would have went mental at them! haha.

MartinDee Hows things going with ur connection?
Not too good lol

This Area is definitely not ready for 120

Attachment 24917
Old 20-09-2013, 03:07   #110
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Sky's 5mb internet is doing my head in, Openreach fibre seems to be skipping my area, so far.

How is the broadband on the Uddingston UBR at the moment?

I'm seriously thinking of going back - at least for the broadband.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 14:10   #111
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

I think its very dependant on which area you live in. I'm staying in Wishaw and for me the connection is very smooth and I can get good speeds when I need it. I'm annoyed they moved the 120mbit upgrade forward.

This is my TBB graph the red from last night was when my bro powered off everything in the living room o.O

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 14:22   #112
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I'd like to say that Virgin can't be any worse than 5meg. I'd like to say that.

Might be worth asking a neighbour who has Virgin how it has been lately as sometimes bad areas can be down to a single cab.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 02:58   #113
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

I remember getting 150k on my 10 Meg VM connection. Though it's been a while since it's been that bad...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 17:55   #114
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Blairhoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

had problems today
Blairhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 22:52   #115
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Looks like ixscotland is going live very soon when will virgin join it. I Hope is soon

https://www.linx.net/service/publicpeering/ixscotland
Old 27-09-2013, 23:06   #116
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
Looks like ixscotland is going live very soon when will virgin join it. I Hope is soon

https://www.linx.net/service/publicpeering/ixscotland
I didn't know peering links were actually so cheap. £300 per quarter? That's chump change for an ISP. Looks as though links are free for the moment as well so Virgin would be insane not to.*

*Don't know what I'm talking about, just taking the site at face value
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 23:14   #117
everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
*just taking the site at face value
I'd agree with you - That's what the site says!

Be mad if every ISP didn't peer there!
Old 28-09-2013, 11:33   #118
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Lolderp.

"The Pulsant South Gyle data centre (previously called Scolocate) was selected as a natural starting point for this new IXP. "

In other words they're going to use the existing IXP, increase prices a bit, then claim it's something new. What did I say already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I didn't know peering links were actually so cheap. £300 per quarter? That's chump change for an ISP. Looks as though links are free for the moment as well so Virgin would be insane not to.*

*Don't know what I'm talking about, just taking the site at face value
Virgin are already connected there, their south gyle headend is right next door anyway.

Oh and in respect to cost, well yes, all you're paying for is a network socket in a wall/rack. It doesn't actually do anything. The main cost comes from the cost of the data you actually carry over it, which can run into hundreds of pounds per megabit depending who you use.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
You seem to have failed to read where I pointed out Virgin have already been connected for nearly a decade. They don't need a new company setting up a few extra boxes in the existing building to be able to use their existing 50+ connections.

Chances of them connecting up anything new though? Probably not going to be much. We already know how atrociously stingy VM are with their public LINX peering. Didn't BT used to have four times more LINX capacity than VM? And the latter were in no rush to increase it when it got saturated a year or two back.
Old 28-09-2013, 12:42   #119
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Both Virgin and SKY already have kit there and they have been heavily involved with it so really think they will be onboard when the it "launches"
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 13:08   #120
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

If by "onboard" you mean "business as usual", sure.