Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2018, 22:26   #2461
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Not quite the Arse licking letter Juncker sent, which was my whole point, but you had to get a dig in to Trump didn't you ?

We got all the crap going on in European Countries, that crap going on here in Salisbury, the issues with Crimea and you got Juncker wanting to work close together with Putin.

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Why am I not surprised?
No condemnation for other EU countries either, sucking up to Putin and congratulating him ?

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham tweeted the correct way of congratulating Putin....

Quote:
Congratulations to Russian President Putin on his Fake Victory in the Fake Election.

Heaven help the 25% who didn't vote for him!
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/...32315409305600
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2018, 22:45   #2462
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No condemnation for other EU countries either, sucking up to Putin and congratulating him ?[
I think France took the right approach when Macron wished Mr Putin success in "modernising Russia", but urged Moscow to shed light on the "unacceptable" attempted assassination of an ex-spy in Britain. I'm disappointed if no one else did the same, particularly powerful people like Trump and Junker who both seem to have bottled it, wouldn't you agree?
Old 20-03-2018, 23:25   #2463
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Not quite the Arse licking letter Juncker sent, which was my whole point, but you had to get a dig in to Trump didn't you ?

We got all the crap going on in European Countries, that crap going on here in Salisbury, the issues with Crimea and you got Juncker wanting to work close together with Putin.

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

No condemnation for other EU countries either, sucking up to Putin and congratulating him ?

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham tweeted the correct way of congratulating Putin....

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/...32315409305600
I think anyone from the West who congratulated Putin is a hypocrite, but especially when your own Intelligence Community and the bi-partisan Senate Intelligence Committee state that Russia interfered in the 2016 Election and are likely to try and interfere in the 2018 Mid-Term elections, it would appear you are congratulating someone who is actively trying to harm your country.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 20-03-2018, 23:47   #2464
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I think anyone from the West who congratulated Putin is a hypocrite, but especially when your own Intelligence Community and the bi-partisan Senate Intelligence Committee state that Russia interfered in the 2016 Election and are likely to try and interfere in the 2018 Mid-Term elections, it would appear you are congratulating someone who is actively trying to harm your country.
Or it could be they are shit scared of Russia.
Old 20-03-2018, 23:59   #2465
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think France took the right approach when Macron wished Mr Putin success in "modernising Russia", but urged Moscow to shed light on the "unacceptable" attempted assassination of an ex-spy in Britain. I'm disappointed if no one else did the same, particularly powerful people like Trump and Junker who both seem to have bottled it, wouldn't you agree?
I’m not impressed with any leader who congratulated him. Last week, he was being called out by entire international community for the apparent poison attack in Salisbury, this week, he’s getting congratulated, he’s just going to think he’s got away with it (again).
Old 21-03-2018, 00:29   #2466
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Meanwhile, Brexit fishing complainer-in-chief Rees-Mogg's firm has been caught breaking sanctions against Russia.

Somerset Capital Management Ltd, has £58 million invested in Sberbank, based in Russia, which has had sanctions imposed by both the EU and US, following the annexation of Crimea by Russia in 2014.

This is despite Rees-Mogg asking for stiffer sanctions against the country.

Clearly, for the privileged elite, it's a case of do as I say and not do as I do.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ank-investment
Old 21-03-2018, 08:33   #2467
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Interesting conclusion from the FT. The paper correctly predicted the government would concede to the EU on a large number of points so this article carries some authority.
Quote:
The UK continues to claim there is a technological or managerial solution that will keep the border open without customs union membership. But it has convinced almost no informed observers — including the companies that would have to make such a system work — that a suitable answer exists. At some point, Mrs May will be forced to recognise that there is no viable alternative to a new customs union agreement. She will have to confront her own party.
https://www.ft.com/content/440ad6fe-...b-bc4b9f08f381

Here's the link from the House of Commons that shows a technological or managerial solution is a non-starter, Q 305 onwards.
http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevi...ral/80035.html
Old 21-03-2018, 15:57   #2468
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I must say the ballot box stuffing was exceptional .
I thought it was a shredder, to be honest...

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Quote:
Interesting conclusion from the FT. The paper correctly predicted the government would concede to the EU on a large number of points so this article carries some authority.

https://www.ft.com/content/440ad6fe-...b-bc4b9f08f381

Here's the link from the House of Commons that shows a technological or managerial solution is a non-starter, Q 305 onwards.
http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevi...ral/80035.html
It is a combination of things, Andrew, 'not just one silver bullet', as was made clear in the session.

I note that once again, you have concentrated on the negatives and not picked up on the opportunities to make this work.

The problem with this session was that the politicians wers looking for simple solutions, but it was difficult for the witnesses to explain what could be done without knowing which way the negotiations would go.
Old 21-03-2018, 21:52   #2469
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is a combination of things, Andrew, 'not just one silver bullet', as was made clear in the session.

I note that once again, you have concentrated on the negatives and not picked up on the opportunities to make this work.

The problem with this session was that the politicians wers looking for simple solutions, but it was difficult for the witnesses to explain what could be done without knowing which way the negotiations would go.
No one said there was a silver bullet.
Hauliers were asked if the suggestions made so far were practical and they patiently explained in detail how they were not. I've provided a full link to the enquiry and the opinion of a respected newspaper which correctly predicted all aspects of the recent agreement. Maybe, just maybe they will be right on the customs union as well?
Rather than criticising people for believing Parliamentry enquiries, if you have robust evidence then please share those positive links and make us all happy.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:01   #2470
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

So much for considering our own British companies before foreign companies.

Quote:
The post-Brexit blue passport will no longer be produced by the British firm that makes the current burgundy version, with sources suggesting the contract will be awarded to a Franco-Dutch firm instead.
Quote:
But the British firm, De La Rue, has lost out on the contract to make them, its chief executive confirmed on Thursday morning. It is understood that Gemalto, which is listed on the French and Dutch stock exchanges, won the race for the £490m printing job.
https://www.ft.com/content/e1578076-...a-7e7563b0b0f4

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nco-dutch-firm
Old 22-03-2018, 10:39   #2471
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Just seen Piers Morgan tweet about this, he just said “Whatever side of brexit you are on, getting the French to make British Passports is bloody stupid’.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:52   #2472
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Not a great lover of Piers Morgan but he is certainly right on this.
Old 22-03-2018, 12:14   #2473
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not a great lover of Piers Morgan but he is certainly right on this.
I think we are letting emotion get the better of us.

I would rather the money that's extracted from me in taxation is spent wisely. If France can meet the specification more cheaply than British firms, so be it.
Old 22-03-2018, 12:24   #2474
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

I would rather the money that's extracted from me in taxation is spent wisely. If France can meet the specification more cheaply than British firms, so be it.
No l doubt think so OB as l would call it putting "our country first".

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Quote:

Full of contradictions l see as usual..
Old 22-03-2018, 12:32   #2475
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No l doubt think so OB as l would call it putting "our country first".

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Full of contradictions l see as usual..
How so? What contradiction? If we are going to perform on the world stage, we need to be competitive.

However, I do find it amusing that people who want to embrace the EU don't want France to get this work! This cracks me up!

You are beginning to sound like a certain Mr Trump, Den, and I never thought I'd say that to you!
Closed Thread