Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 04-10-2013, 19:46   #706
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
As i see it a necessary step to remove ALL benefits from those lazy buggers who refuse to work, have never worked and will not work. I dont care if it means they get kicked out of there state funded house, it might make them work
What happens if there's kids involved?
Old 04-10-2013, 19:55   #707
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
If they've been financed by the state then the state has a right to use them in whatever way the state seems fit. This is the Marxist way that millipede eschews?
As in bringing back the workhouses you mean?
Old 04-10-2013, 20:10   #708
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
What happens if there's kids involved?
If they will not work other than to make babies why should we fund them. You have to make a judgement call. Why should we fund the ones that will not work because they are lazy ***** and just spend the day baby making. ???

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Well to open the discussion: Why not?

Slumping about on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle is not to be an option so perhaps we can get some useful labour (sic) out of these people?
And humping the misses every other day to produce yet another baby

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 20:12   #709
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
If they will not work other than to make babies why should we fund them. You have to make a judgement call. Why should we fund the ones that will not work because they are lazy ***** and just spend the day baby making. ???

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

And humping the misses every other day to produce yet another baby
So what do you want to happen to the kids then?

I do agree with what you're saying but I don't have any answers to what happens when kids are involved, so what do you suggest?
Old 04-10-2013, 20:25   #710
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:

I do agree with what you're saying but I don't have any answers to what happens when kids are involved, so what do you suggest?
Maybe the kids are put with foster parents in the short term untill the lazy gits who refuse to work get the picture. Your right its difficult but at the moment its a get out clause to allow lazy gits who refuse to work to still get everything given to them on a plate.

Old 04-10-2013, 20:29   #711
peanut
NUTS !!

I'm more inclined to say they should only pay for the 1st child only. But starting from X date and not for existing families. At least that would be a start and send out a warning.
Old 04-10-2013, 20:30   #712
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
So if I understand you correctly you want to deprive people of a pension they have contributed to all their life so that people who have contributed little or nothing get that money ,and you justify this because in your opinion they have enough .I have a modest private pension so does that mean you want to take my state pension away that I have paid all my life
I think it should be based on need.

I no longer receive child benefit, and to be honest I didn't need it so I wasn't bothered.

If my private pension pays out enough so that I don't need State pension as well, I'd also happily forgo that too.

I say if, as I can't predict the future.

Savings have to made, and this means and end to universal benefits across the board.

However, any government or prospective party would be mad to propose such a thing.
Old 04-10-2013, 20:32   #713
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
I'm more inclined to say they should only pay for the 1st child only. But starting from X date and not for existing families. At least that would be a start and send out a warning.
Very good idea

Old 04-10-2013, 21:59   #714
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I agree but wider reform will only work if the benefits system shows it will not be 'blackmailed' into providing child related benefits for those who cynically, or otherwise, set about producing more and more children to secure housing and fund their lifestyles.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 23:11   #715
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

Hasn't the benefit cap sorted that out ,or at least made a step In the right direction

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I agree but wider reform will only work if the benefits system shows it will not be 'blackmailed' into providing child related benefits for those who cynically, or otherwise, set about producing more and more children to secure housing and fund their lifestyles.
That's exactly what it is ,blackmail ,to force the state to support them by means of the kids
Old 04-10-2013, 23:34   #716
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Hasn't the benefit cap sorted that out ,or at least made a step In the right direction

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

That's exactly what it is ,blackmail ,to force the state to support them by means of the kids
Indeed they will get Benefits until there kids are 18 and for 15 miniets of fun. Not bad work if you can get it

Old 07-10-2013, 20:13   #717
RizzyKing

I've always said if your on benefit you shouldn't have any new kids and even sign a contract to say you understand that whilst on benefit you agree and understand that if you do have kids you won't get extra money. It is lunacy that children can be used by the cynical to extend their benefit and any reform that stops it is one i'd support. Trouble is our biggest problem with welfare is that all political parties want it there so they can misuse it when they want to massage figures and it's why none of them will ever reform to a practical standpoint.
Old 07-10-2013, 20:27   #718
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Indeed they will get Benefits until there kids are 18 and for 15 miniets of fun. Not bad work if you can get it
15 minutes??!!...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 21:19   #719
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
15 minutes??!!...
And you're the Duracell rabbit, I take it?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:55   #720
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Lets make one thing clear in regards to lazy gits who don't want to work and sit on their backside and claim benefit.

When l got made redundant four years ago, l did everything possible to get a job, BUT l needed a job that paid a salary to keep my family - approx 18/19 kg per year.

The jobs that were on offer were between 15/17 kg per year. I was not prepared to take a job that paid that amount. I was not lazy my benefit was £75.00 per week for my family and out of that that l had to pay rent and council tax.

I worked damn hard to find a job, sitting in my car and taking company details (which l still have today to remind myself) then go home and send emails and faxes to the companies.
I got more interviews that way then going through JS and all the government talk of getting work. I finally got my present job via my voluntary work.

Its ok for members to blast people at having the lack of courage to find work, but most of the work which may be out - does not pay enough.

Some members may say l work for 16 kg a year, good for you, but not everyone sits on there backside and claim benefit- which you are entitled too.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote