Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:37   #1516
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
good news -if you can't afford to breed then don't expect the taxpayer to subsidise your life choices
Leaves a lot of people in a bit of a quandry given women over 30 are being complained at for leaving having children until too late, in many cases until they are financially stable and ideally also have a stable housing tenure.

So women shouldn't have kids in their 30s because it increases costs on the NHS, and they shouldn't have kids if they can't afford them without in-work benefits. Meanwhile we also mustn't cut welfare for pensioners and immigration is too high, so exactly where the money is going to come from to fund these sacred benefits for retirees in the future is anyone's guess.

Perhaps some more effort on fixing the causes of the high welfare bill rather than simply trying to trim it would be a plan? Admittedly wouldn't have the political 'wow' factor that benefit caps and cuts would and may actually involve investment, perish the thought.

TLDR: Build some, or a lot, of bloody houses and other essential infrastructure, ensuring as many UK nationals as possible are trained and employed in these tasks and raise the minimum wage.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2015, 12:46   #1517
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhook View Post
The attacks on the poor sick disabled and unemployed are measures simply to placate the tax paying voter it will not fix a thing
The cuts are designed to get those who should be working and claiming off benefits and into work. Unfortunately, a lot of people who genuinely should be claiming ESA, incapacity, etc. are being caught up in this. My aunt, who has arthritis in her spine and cannot walk without a walking stick, had her medical questionnaire through last year. One question was can you make a hot drink on your own without help. If you say yes, then you are fit for work. My aunt, who is too honest for her own good, said yes she can make a hot drink for herself. She has been told she can claim ESA, but is also OK to work if she can find a job where she can alternate sitting and walking.

A lot of it is not the fault of the Government, but rather the company who assesses people.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:52   #1518
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
The cuts are designed to get those who should be working and claiming off benefits and into work. Unfortunately, a lot of people who genuinely should be claiming ESA, incapacity, etc. are being caught up in this. My aunt, who has arthritis in her spine and cannot walk without a walking stick, had her medical questionnaire through last year. One question was can you make a hot drink on your own without help. If you say yes, then you are fit for work. My aunt, who is too honest for her own good, said yes she can make a hot drink for herself. She has been told she can claim ESA, but is also OK to work if she can find a job where she can alternate sitting and walking.

A lot of it is not the fault of the Government, but rather the company who assesses people.
that is my point the DWPs own figures show the amount lost to workshy is tiny. Yes you are right they should be made to look for work, The assessments are over strict and hit the wrong people but have you seen the hoops you have to jump through to claim JSA long term? which is a good thing of course but then you get the unfair sanctions.
johnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 14:19   #1519
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Claiming free money ought to be made a lot easier. It must be tiresome qualifying a claim when one is used to simply presenting an outstretched hand to be obligingly filled by every passing taxpayer .
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 16:54   #1520
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
In 2015-6, spending on benefits, pensions and tax credits is expected to total £220bn

State pensions and age-related benefits - £95bn (43%)

Disability and incapacity benefits - £37bn (17%)

Child tax credits and working tax credits - £30bn (14%)

Housing benefit - £26bn (12%)

Child benefit - £12bn (5%)

Pension credit - £6bn (3%)

Jobseekers Allowance and income support - £5bn (2%)

Source: Institute for Fiscal Studies
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33221966

Percentages rounded.

So where do you think the axe will fall? I suspect Tax Credits and Housing Benefits, with a continuation of the attack against the Disabled.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 17:02   #1521
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I know how to sort it.
A cut of 12 billion is needed.

so 5.5% = 12 billion.
give everyone a cut of 5.5% regardless of what benefit they're on. problem solved.

that equates to £5.50 in every £100.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 17:17   #1522
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33221966

Percentages rounded.

So where do you think the axe will fall? I suspect Tax Credits and Housing Benefits, with a continuation of the attack against the Disabled.
Yes that's what l hear as well is that Tax Credits and Housing Benefits will be massively hit and one suspects disabled benefits will be cut as well.
Old 22-06-2015, 19:42   #1523
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

The government simply cannot get away with this.

Its always the poor and the vulnerable that get hit, in these cuts. Look at it this way.

If l had to find a job, say 15000 per year (which l wouldn't), I can then apply for tax credits to get me up to a 'living wage'

I would then have to pay bills - these WILL go up, as they always do. The government doesn't make utility companies have a cap.

So at the end of the bills, l will be poor and not be able to afford much, amnd nothing left to buy food etc.

What they are doing is cruel. I suspect within 12 months, this country will come to a halt.

Osborne and Cameron just want the poor to get poorer. They make me sick to the stomach
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 20:31   #1524
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Osborne and Cameron just want the poor to get poorer. They make me sick to the stomach
That could actually prove to be true.
I've always suspected that Dave hates the poor and such. and think that the whole agenda is to get people put in their place from the start.

and when you see the train having no cuts and billions pumped into it. and talk of pumping billions into Parliament. millions and millions going abroad. no serious money saving cut backs in parliament and such.

then you know he's not serious about the defecit.
that is just a smoke screen.
they really do want to divide this country and put everyone in their place. with people like him at the top and everyone else at the bottom.

his cover will be blown soon. working families and tax credits is the start of his cover being blown.
Old 22-06-2015, 20:37   #1525
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Didn't you say the same things in 2010?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 20:49   #1526
Gary L
cf.mega poster

I think it was around 2011 with the riots I noticed. Dave was made a fool of and he's still on a vendetta.
Old 22-06-2015, 20:55   #1527
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I think it was around 2011 with the riots I noticed. Dave was made a fool of and he's still on a vendetta.
wot an italian scooter
Old 22-06-2015, 21:07   #1528
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
wot an italian scooter
No, you're thinking of the ichifani 500.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 21:26   #1529
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Yes, because the Prime Minister set the Met up to shoot Mark Duggan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.8 KB, 15 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 22:04   #1530
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
wot an italian scooter
Yeh. a nice bright pink one.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yes, because the Prime Minister set the Met up to shoot Mark Duggan.
Thanks for telling me anyway.