Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon Prime Down?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Amazon Prime Down?

Old 14-08-2019, 09:59   #1
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Amazon Prime Down?

Several people are reporting in the Virgin Community forum that they cannot get the Prime app working on their V6 box. I'm one of them. It's working ok on the V6 box in the bedroom but on the box downstairs it just brings up a spinning circle that eventually changes to an error message saying cannot show video refer to Amazon/videohelp.

I've rebooted the box and logged out and back in to Prime but it makes no difference. It's been working fine since day one of launch and it's working fine on my blu ray and tv Prime apps.

Seems strange that it's working on the upstairs box but not downstairs. Anyone else having problems?.
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2019, 10:35   #2
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Amazon Prime Down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc14 View Post
Several people are reporting in the Virgin Community forum that they cannot get the Prime app working on their V6 box. I'm one of them. It's working ok on the V6 box in the bedroom but on the box downstairs it just brings up a spinning circle that eventually changes to an error message saying cannot show video refer to Amazon/videohelp.

I've rebooted the box and logged out and back in to Prime but it makes no difference. It's been working fine since day one of launch and it's working fine on my blu ray and tv Prime apps.

Seems strange that it's working on the upstairs box but not downstairs. Anyone else having problems?.
Both my V6 boxes working fine with ALL apps, no problems. Perhaps its just a local issue in your area? ( Have you checked with VM or their local status update page?), assuming you've re-checked all your connections and your home WiFi / Ethernet cable set up?
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:49   #3
daveoc14
cf.member

Status is not showing any problems and set up is fine. As I said on the Virgin Community forum a few people are starting to mention having a problem so maybe it's a wait and see what develops situation.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:51   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No problem on our boxes.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:35   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Surely if an app is working on one but not the other then the network connection is the place to start looking?
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 12:44   #6
daveoc14
cf.member

Network connection is fine, everything else is working and Prime loads up as normal, it just stops when you try to play anything.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:44   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Surely if an app is working on one but not the other then the network connection is the place to start looking?
I agree. Personally, I would re-boot the router as well as the V6s in this situation.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 13:12   #8
daveoc14
cf.member

Hadn't tried roobooting router. Just done it, it's made no difference. Everything is working fine apart from Prime.
Old 14-08-2019, 14:07   #9
fox35
cf.addict

fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hadn't tried roobooting router. Just done it, it's made no difference. Everything is working fine apart from Prime.
Please don't think were patronising you, but are both V6 boxes linked up to the same Prime account with the same Prime username and password on both your boxes? Even if that's is a yes, then try re logging out and then back in again on both your boxes with the same personal details. Just thinking it maybe a problem with your logging in or Prime account user details rather than VM?

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

.. or do Settings>Network>Connect to Virgin Media Server now or >View Network Status/Diagnostics. Just to recheck your connectivity to the servers on your problematic V6 box. I done this on my 2nd box in bedroom when it failed to connect to my main box. Also check if both your box is connecting by 2.4GHz or 5Ghz to your VM Hub 3, assuming your 2nd box is using WiFi, and if both are enabled in the Hub 3 settings?
Old 14-08-2019, 15:19   #10
daveoc14
cf.member

I've finally got it back working by doing the one thing I hadn't done. Instead of rebooting with the thumbs down system I physically unplugged the box from the mains and that has done the trick.

Thanks for all the suggestions, maybe next time I'll just go straight to unplugging!!.
Old 14-08-2019, 15:37   #11
fox35
cf.addict

Quote:
I've finally got it back working by doing the one thing I hadn't done. Instead of rebooting with the thumbs down system I physically unplugged the box from the mains and that has done the trick.

Thanks for all the suggestions, maybe next time I'll just go straight to unplugging!!.
I thought that's how you reboot anyway!! Lol..

Last edited by fox35; 14-08-2019 at 16:03.
Old 14-08-2019, 16:00   #12
daveoc14
cf.member

You know when people say 'reboot' I'm never quite sure what is ment. I've always taken it that going to settings and doing the thumbs down/last channel is a reboot, but I guess you could call that something else and say that a reboot is unplugging. Hey, ho, got there in the end, but I'm still puzzled as to why the Prime app should suddenly fall down for me.
Old 14-08-2019, 16:13   #13
fox35
cf.addict

Quote:
You know when people say 'reboot' I'm never quite sure what is ment. I've always taken it that going to settings and doing the thumbs down/last channel is a reboot, but I guess you could call that something else and say that a reboot is unplugging. Hey, ho, got there in the end, but I'm still puzzled as to why the Prime app should suddenly fall down for me.
Well, rebooting on any of my connected devices over the years, I've always powered down the said device then disconnected from the mains completely for at least a good 30 secs minimum, rechecking all connections are secure before reconnecting the power whilst holding down any available reset button for a moment. Then follow any on screen prompts, eg pressing "OK" or "Thumbs Up" etc. Failing that, then I would usually call the CS of the company concerned.
Good luck.
Old 14-08-2019, 20:29   #14
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Mine wasn't working either and wasnt loading shows up. i switched my box off (not rebooted it) and turned it back on. Worked a charm
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 07:42   #15
daveoc14
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Mine wasn't working either and wasnt loading shows up. i switched my box off (not rebooted it) and turned it back on. Worked a charm
Do you mean your V6 box?. When you say you switched it off do you mean you turned it to standby with the remote and then on again or do you mean you turned it off and on from the mains?.

Interested to know as if/when this happens again I'm inclined to not faff about and just unplug the V6 and deal with it that way.