Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 01-08-2019, 01:13   #1516
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Yes you can Virgin store has it's own site here https://www.virginmediastore.com/ where you can watch content even if you're not a customer.
Also most stuff you get sent a dvd through the post too.
BT is the one to watch once you leave them you have 30 days to download your content then it's gone for good.
Yes I did say that there is no way to watch it on the big screen

Whereas if you buy from Amazon, google etc they are still available on many other devices.

That bad from BT.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2019, 01:21   #1517
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Yes I did say that there is no way to watch it on the big screen

Whereas if you buy from Amazon, google etc they are still available on many other devices.

That bad from BT.
You can use chromecast just cast whole screen or if like me your pc is close to tv you can use a hdmi options are available but you'd think they'd have a app though, skystore does.
Yeah i left BT forgot to download 14 movies i bought within the 30 days and lost the lot.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:17   #1518
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

August Channel Guide PDF with all the Sky Cinema SD channels removed except Sky Cinema Premiere +1 now on 402.

Desktop Version: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...August2019.pdf

Mobile Version: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...August2019.pdf

A couple of mistakes:

Lifetime +1 still listed on 225.
Prime Video not added to 228.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 13:40   #1519
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
August Channel Guide PDF with all the Sky Cinema SD channels removed except Sky Cinema Premiere +1 now on 402.

Desktop Version: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...August2019.pdf

Mobile Version: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...August2019.pdf

A couple of mistakes:

Lifetime +1 still listed on 225.
Prime Video not added to 228.
They've also deleted Talking Pictures TV from below the Sky Cinema SD section on the Desktop version. Clumsy update as usual.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 14:17   #1520
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
They've also deleted Talking Pictures TV from below the Sky Cinema SD section on the Desktop version. Clumsy update as usual.
I hope that really is an error and that it's not coming off VM.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 15:24   #1521
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I forget where I read it and who mentioned it (it may have been on the official VM forums) with regards to Yesterday returning to Catch-Up, so sorry I can't credit them or thank them for pointing it out, but when I looked to see myself I was surprised how much was there. More than Yesterday previously had before the UKTV dispute.

The only channel, on the BBC side of the UKTV split, not on Catch-Up is now Eden.

And I see Sky Catch-up seems to be HD-only now, certainly for those shows I looked at. It wasn't for the few NBCU channels ones I checked, so it's not a sweeping Comcast change... yet.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 16:56   #1522
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I hope that really is an error and that it's not coming off VM.
Channel was still broadcasting as of 12pm today.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 18:45   #1523
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I forget where I read it and who mentioned it (it may have been on the official VM forums) with regards to Yesterday returning to Catch-Up, so sorry I can't credit them or thank them for pointing it out, but when I looked to see myself I was surprised how much was there. More than Yesterday previously had before the UKTV dispute.
That was me, glad you're pleased!
Old 01-08-2019, 20:03   #1524
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
That was me, glad you're pleased!
I am, it will be very useful. Many thanks.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:05   #1525
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

There's an additional HD channel showing on Tsid101/CO56 on DigitalBitRate, New Sans Nom PID1. It also seems to be a version of BBC1 and the V-PID is the same as the one I previously mentioned on that multiplex.

Based on JJ20X on Forumbox saying there's a lot of legacy local TV region variation stuff needing tidied up, brought onto one multiplex and the like, at least that's my interpretation of what they've said recently, then I don't think there's anything to get excited about. Though getting the network in tip top shape may lead to more interesting services in the future.
Old 05-08-2019, 14:18   #1526
SonicMaster
cf.geek

VM has now replaced the BT Sport 4K UHD logo with the new BT Sport Ultimate logo in the Guide, but they haven't yet updated TCM, TCM HD and TCM +1 to TCM Movies, TCM Movies HD and TCM Movies +1.
Old 05-08-2019, 17:33   #1527
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
VM has now replaced the BT Sport 4K UHD logo with the new BT Sport Ultimate logo in the Guide, but they haven't yet updated TCM, TCM HD and TCM +1 to TCM Movies, TCM Movies HD and TCM Movies +1.
Let's hope some rebel in VM "forgets" to change the TCM one. Turner Classic Movies Movies is daft.
Old 05-08-2019, 19:48   #1528
SonicMaster
cf.geek

The corrections have now been made to the Channel Guide for August, with Lifetime +1 removed, Amazon Prime Video added, and Talking Pictures TV which went missing from the desktop version restored.

Desktop: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...gust2019V2.pdf
Mobile: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...gust2019V2.pdf
Old 06-08-2019, 00:01   #1529
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Confirmed: Virgin Media UK axe Sky Sports on V Boxes.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...039520#M179966

Talk about it on Cable Forum @

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...7#post36005027
Old 07-08-2019, 14:36   #1530
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Comcast has now rebrand their UK Network of channels (Not own by Sky).

Movies 24, Universal Channel and E! is now own by "NBC Universal Global Networks UK Limited".

It was called "NBCUniversal International Networks".

Scource: Ofcom.