Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HP laserjet 5 Print server.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

HP laserjet 5 Print server.

Old 27-11-2018, 17:29   #1
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
HP laserjet 5 Print server.

Greetings;

Its been a while since I've been on the forum - hopefully the local expertise hasn't dwindled over the years.

Have recently been upgraded to a VM super hub 3 and presently connected to this are the VM V6 Tivo box and my PC - both of which are hard wired via Ethernet cables.

I've connected (via Ethernet) the hub to an HP laserjet 5 installed with a print server interface. Using the hub's DCHP option I cannot get it to see the print server even though both the hub and the print server ports indicate (via the leds) that there's a connection between the two - the hub's having none of it.

In addition, (as I know the MAC address of the print server), I've even tried to configure this manually - to no avail. I can see the PC and V6 interfaces on the system but cannot get same to recognise the print server.

The print server card fitted to the printer is an EMULEX NETJET ER2010293-05D. Sadly there doesn't appear to be any documentary info on this card available on the net- so if anyone out there has a manual for the above perhaps they can enlighten me as to the jumper settings/configuration accordingly?

Can anyone provide constructive help on how I may address the problem?

Regards

Chris D
bw41101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2018, 19:28   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: HP laserjet 5 Print server.

I would try and reboot the hub and kit.

Do you have a firewall running, this might block the print server.

I use Fing to monitor my network and this shows all devies connecting to my router (Netgear Nighthawk X6). This has shown up IP conficts following a reset of my router.
Old 28-11-2018, 07:47   #3
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Re: HP laserjet 5 Print server.

Can you get a static IP address in the printer manually and then access it?

They are good solid machines but the network speed if I right in thinking is only 10/100 and I wonder if the new hub is struggling to accept that with most of then been 1000 now.