Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Live Football on Virgin Media UK

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Upgrade from V6 to 360: Error MA1/4/30

Old 30-11-2021, 17:59   #1
dbateman2k5
cf.addict

Services: BB: 900 Mbps up/down (TOOB) Phone: Mobile (O2) TV: FreeSat
dbateman2k5 is on a distinguished roaddbateman2k5 is on a distinguished road
Upgrade from V6 to 360: Error MA1/4/30

Received new 360 remote lunchtime, tried to run the 360 upgrade in the V6 menu, and it came back 'Upgrade failed. Error MA1/4/30'.

Tried multi reboots, even switched from wired too wireless and still no luck.

Using my own router with DNS set to OpenDNS and hub in modem mode.

I've not tried switching hub back to router mode yet.
dbateman2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2021, 18:10   #2
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Upgrade from V6 to 360: Error MA1/4/30

I would strongly suspect that your DNS will need to access VM's servers to get an update.

I have that set as the tertiary alternative in my router for the V6 to get its info correctly.
Old 30-11-2021, 18:33   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I agree - temporarily take Hub out of modem mode. Then go into Network settings menu on V6, and do "Connect to Virgin Media Service Now". Wait for it to finish, then reboot the V6. Then rerun the conversion app , but you might find it restarts the conversion automatically anyway
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 23:01   #4
dbateman2k5
cf.addict

Did what you suggested, switched hub to modem mode, connected V6 to hub via wireless, Connect to VM Service now', rebooted V6, then went to 360 conversion app, and still get the 'Upgrade has failed. Error MA1/4/30' message.

Last edited by dbateman2k5; 30-11-2021 at 23:20.
Old 30-11-2021, 23:16   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Did you do the V6 reboot as suggested?
Old 30-11-2021, 23:19   #6
dbateman2k5
cf.addict

Yes, sorry missed that part when I was typing the post. Have edited post and added that.

Last edited by dbateman2k5; 30-11-2021 at 23:40.
Old 01-12-2021, 13:59   #7
dbateman2k5
cf.addict

Box is now completely deactivated.

Service Info shows account status as: 8 Account closed.

Phoned VM, they said my account has now moved over to the Horizon/360 service, but that they are unable to force my V6 box to upgrade from Tivo to 360 due to it now not able to access catch-up/on demand/apps/etc.

Any ideas where I go from here ?
Old 01-12-2021, 16:08   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If the forced migration doesn't work after the agent triggers it the only fix is a physical box swap for another 360 with an HDD which will then boot straight into the 360 platform.

Agents have the support information required for that based off the error code you're seeing.
Old 01-12-2021, 19:04   #9
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If the forced migration doesn't work after the agent triggers it the only fix is a physical box swap for another 360 with an HDD which will then boot straight into the 360 platform.

Agents have the support information required for that based off the error code you're seeing.
Wow compelling reason to change
Old 01-12-2021, 19:32   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

I migrated two V6 boxes to 360 without any problems recently, as do most people that do it. Otherwise we'd see way more posts here and on the community forum.

Unfortunately there is only so much in the migration process that can be remotely fixed.
Old 01-12-2021, 20:35   #11
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I migrated two V6 boxes to 360 without any problems recently, as do most people that do it. Otherwise we'd see way more posts here and on the community forum.

Unfortunately there is only so much in the migration process that can be remotely fixed.
Fair enough ,still cannot see ( for myself) any reason to move over
Old 03-12-2021, 19:51   #12
dbateman2k5
cf.addict

Box was swapped out yesterday and now the 360 service is fully working.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Is there any way to get subtitles on catchup programmes?

Channel 5 has working subtitles, but others don't display any subtitles, even tho I've set subtitles on in 360 settings
Old 03-12-2021, 20:12   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

It's up to the content provider to do the subtitles. Some have them and some don't unfortunately.
Old 03-12-2021, 20:15   #14
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It's up to the content provider to do the subtitles. Some have them and some don't unfortunately.
And some of them do signed programmes, totally ruining the Avengers. The very least the signer could do is sport a carnation and an umbrella! Thanks ITV !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 18:38   #15
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I had a look at how to upgrade an existing V6 to 360 software, but I don't have the option to do this via the home screen or the apps screen, It's just not there, so how do I do this?

Thx
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote