Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Live Football on Virgin Media UK

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V6 Box Sound Issues

Old 10-12-2021, 20:13   #1
checkin
cf.member

checkin is an unknown quantity at this point
V6 Box Sound Issues

Hi folks
I have been suffering sound issues on our V6 box for the last month or so.
If you swap from a recorded program to a live one I lose sound and vice versa. I then have to turn off the box and restart it and it all works. This is very intermittent and extremely annoying.
Has anyone else had similar issues.?
The VM Engineer came out yesterday - checked all signal levels and connections which were fine. When he finished his tests stated that the box would be changed out but this new one still does the same thing.
I have replaced all HDMI cables with high quality ones but this has made no difference at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
checkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2021, 06:46   #2
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
Re: V6 Box Sound Issues

Is it a sound setting on your tv that needs adjusting?
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:30   #3
checkin
cf.member

checkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply, I don’t think so as the system has been working perfectly for over 18 months -no changes have been made and if the sound settings need changing why only for the V6 box? all other inputs work fine and I can watch Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV all with no issues.
checkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:59   #4
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Sometimes when you move from a channel or recording where one was in Dolby Digital and one was in stereo the sound cuts out and you have to turn the box off & on; it seems to be a known glitch in the V6 - I got this info from the Virgin Media forum if you want to follow it up
Old 11-12-2021, 10:54   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Change the Dolby setting on the V6. This is the first thing to try for any audio problem
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:20   #6
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Change the Dolby setting on the V6. This is the first thing to try for any audio problem

Cheers Spiderplant, I forgot about that