Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 600mb tier rollout

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

600mb tier rollout

Old 06-11-2020, 13:46   #16
DigitalShadow
Data King

Services: 300Mbit - Give me MOAR!
DigitalShadow will become famous soon enoughDigitalShadow will become famous soon enoughDigitalShadow will become famous soon enough
Re: 600mb tier rollout

Customer Services can see M600 is available in my area, but can't select it as an option for my account. Is this typical, is there a way around this?
DigitalShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2020, 13:49   #17
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

They can't select it yet. Currently only existing Ultimate Oomph customers are being upgraded to M600 where possible.

Any customer in an area that can't yet support M600 and all new Ultimate Oomph customers will still get M500 for now and be upgraded at a later date in line with the original promise:
Quote:
Upgrades for eligible Ultimate Oomph customers from M500 Fibre Broadband to M600 Fibre Broadband will be completed by 31st March 2021.
Old 06-11-2020, 16:56   #18
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

jarrodstrachan is on a distinguished roadjarrodstrachan is on a distinguished road

My internet just went off briefly, came back on and now getting 640 / 42 on speedtest. That's a nice surprise!

jarrodstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:47   #19
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

I'll stick with my 1Gb
https://www.speedtest.net/result/10378749949.png
Old 07-11-2020, 17:05   #20
WhiteHartMart
cf.member

Services: Virgin 500/35 as part of Ultimate Oomph bundle :)
WhiteHartMart is an unknown quantity at this point

Got mine update a few days ago - kind of wish they hadn't bothered. Might just be coincidence but ever since the update was done, my connection has become inconsistent, download speed is slower than when I was on the 500 service and post RS errors and unstable upstream QAM results have become the norm.

Had someone out from Virgin who was going to monitor things but other than a reset of the Hub, they don't appear to have done much.
WhiteHartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 17:33   #21
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

although i dont have the omph bundle i still have 500mb standalone, will this be part of the free upgrade to 600mb?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 17:34   #22
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No. The upgrade is for Ultimate Oomph only.
Old 08-11-2020, 16:58   #23
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I'm on Ultimate Oomph (500 Mbs) in London (21). Is this something I can look forward to in the near future?
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 17:01   #24
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

You'll get an upgrade by 31st March 2021. You may get it earlier depending on the situation in your local area.
Old 08-11-2020, 22:48   #25
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
i noticed in the postcode search its saying 600 in green but after rebooting my SH3 and doing a speedtest it is still the same speeds as normal.
What speeds do you get on 500? I get about 260 max. They’ve been out and checked everything and said high 200s is the best I’ll get, which isn’t 500!
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:13   #26
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You'll get an upgrade by 31st March 2021. You may get it earlier depending on the situation in your local area.
Thanks for the info, Ben. Hyperoptic has recently cabled my street offering incentives and speeds of 1 Gb.
Old 09-11-2020, 21:05   #27
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
What speeds do you get on 500? I get about 260 max. They’ve been out and checked everything and said high 200s is the best I’ll get, which isn’t 500!
Same here.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 21:54   #28
horrorwood
cf.member

horrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about them

Just noticed I've had the 600 (690) upgrade in LE67.
horrorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 12:57   #29
heavyside
cf.geek

A pleasant surprise. I've just done a speed test and find that I have been upgraded from 500 Mbs. The test gave me 666.07 (ominous number that) download and 42.59 Mbs upload speeds. I am in London (21 area).
Old 13-11-2020, 13:33   #30
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask what site people use to test their speed. I'm on 500 and if I use speedtest.net I always get a download figure of around 200-250 but if I use sam knows speed test its always around 550.
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote