Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV (2024)

Old 30-12-2023, 20:05   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Virgin TV (2024)

This is a continuation of the 'Changes to Virgin TV (2023)' thread which you can find here:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33711604

1. The old thread has been closed, but will remain for information purposes;
2. I will collate all the information from my various sources and post on Cable Forum;

In addition to that I will be on hand to answer any questions that arise and to provide links to other sources of information as they come up.

Thank you.

Here is the CONFIRMED Channels news for Virgin UK and N. Ireland TV:

December 2023:
31st. E! HD to close on Virgin Media UK.
31st. NBC News NOW HD to close on Virgin Media UK.

January 2024:
1st. Sky Cinema Iconic HD to be rebrand as Sky Cinema Greats HD.
1st. Sky Cinema Christmas HD to be rebrand as Sky Cinema Drama HD.
2nd. Nick SpongeBob to be rebrand as NickToons.
3rd. Sky Cinema Wizarding World HD to be rebrand as Sky Cinema Fast & Furious HD.
3rd. BoXmas to be rebrand as The Box.
3rd. GREAT! Christmas to be rebrand as GREAT! Romance.
4th. Sky Sports Darts HD to be rebrand as Sky Sports Arena HD.
5th. Sky Cinema Hits HD to be rebrand as Sky Cinema Superman HD.
6th. Christmas 24 to be rebrand as Movies 24.
6th. Christmas 24+ to be rebrand as Movies 24+.
8th. Sky Cinema Ultimate Comedy HD to be rebrand as Sky Cinema Comedy HD.

By March 6th 2024:
TBC. Sky Sports TBC HD to be rebrand as Sky Sports Tennis HD.
TBC. Sky Sports TBC to be rebrand as Sky Sports Tennis.

OR-
TBC. Sky Sports Tennis HD to launch on Virgin UK Channel TBC.
TBC. Sky Sports Tennis to launch on Virgin UK Channel TBC.

March 2024:
TBC. BBC Radio to close BBC Radio 4 Extra on Virgin UK Channel 910.
TBC. BBC Radio to close BBC Radio 4 LW on Virgin UK Channel 911.

Summer 2024:
TBC. DRAMA HD rebrand as U&DRAMA HD on Virgin UK Channel 116.
TBC. W HD rebrand as U&W HD on Virgin UK Channel 125.
TBC. Dave HD rebrand as U&DAVE HD on Virgin UK Channel 127.
TBC. YESTERDAY HD rebrand as U&YESTERDAY HD on Virgin UK Channel 129.
TBC. DRAMA +1 rebrand as U&DRAMA +1 on Virgin UK Channel 316.
TBC. W +1 rebrand as U&W +1 on Virgin UK Channel 325.
TBC. Dave +1 rebrand as U&DAVE +1 on Virgin UK Channel 327.
TBC. YESTERDAY +1 rebrand as U&YESTERDAY +1 on Virgin UK Channel 329.

2024:
TBC. Ailbi HD rebrand as U&ailbi HD on Virgin UK Channel 114.
TBC. GOLD HD rebrand as U&GOLD HD on Virgin UK Channel 124.
TBC. Eden HD rebrand as U&eden HD on Virgin UK Channel 176.
TBC. Ailbi +1 rebrand as U&ailbi +1 on Virgin UK Channel 314.
TBC. GOLD +1 rebrand as U&GOLD +1 on Virgin UK Channel 325.
TBC. Eden +1 rebrand as U&eden +1 on Virgin UK Channel 376.
TBC. Eurosport 1 HD rebrand as TNT Sports TBC HD on Virgin UK Channel TBC.
TBC. Eurosport 2 HD rebrand as TNT Sports TBC HD on Virgin UK Channel TBC.
TBC. Viaplay Sports 1 HD rebrand as Premier Sports 1 HD on Virgin UK Channel 551.
TBC. Viaplay Sports 2 HD rebrand as Premier Sports 2 HD on Virgin UK Channel 552.
TBC. Viaplay Sports Xtra HD rebrand as TBC HD on Virgin UK Channel 553.
TBC. 5Cops to launch on Virgin UK Channel 216.
TBC. CSI: New York to launch on Virgin UK Channel 217.
TBC. Catfish to launch on Virgin UK Channel 218.
TBC. DAZN Women Football to launch soon on Virgin UK Channel 554.

2025:
TBC. The BBC will move BBC Four HD from Virgin Scotland Channel 107 to BBC Iplayer.
TBC. The BBC will move BBC Four HD from Virgin Wales Channel 107 to BBC Iplayer.
TBC. The BBC will move BBC Four HD from Virgin Scotland Channel 107 to BBC Iplayer.
TBC. The BBC will move BBC Four HD from Virgin England Channel 108 to BBC Iplayer.
TBC. The BBC will move BBC Four HD from Virgin Northern Ireland Channel 108 to BBC Iplayer.
TBC.The BBC to move CBBC HD from Virgin UK Channel 701 to BBC Iplayer.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-12-2023, 12:34   #2
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Got an email from virgin this morning as my contract is due to be renewed in march.

Doesn't seem too bad an offer

Virgin Media
Current Package

M500 Gig1 Fibre Broadband

Virgin TV 360

Sky Cinema UHD

Kids Pick

Sky Sports HD

Sky Sports & Cinema HD

Viaplay

Mega TV

Phone Line Rental

Anytime chatter
New monthly payment
£74.00*
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2023, 21:53   #3
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

2024's Africa nations tournament will be shown live in the UK on Sky Sports from January 13th.
Info from my v6 box.
Old 31-12-2023, 22:54   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

No surprise really, they had all the games last time (in 2021), the BBC had a few live games as well.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 00:57   #5
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Got an email from virgin this morning as my contract is due to be renewed in march.

Virgin Media
Current Package

Virgin TV 360

Sky Cinema UHD

Kids Pick

Sky Sports HD

Sky Sports & Cinema HD

Viaplay

Mega TV

Phone Line Rental

Anytime chatter
New monthly payment
£74.00*
No more TNT Sports for "free" however?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:18   #6
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Found that out when I called them to make sure the 2nd TiVo box would be included. After asking for the 2nd TiVo box, TNT sports and netflix the price jumped from £74 to nearly £200, they're taking the piss
Old 03-01-2024, 11:59   #7
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
It's a extra £18 for TNT Sports
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:09   #8
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post

Virgin Media
Current Package

Virgin TV 360

Sky Cinema UHD

Kids Pick

Sky Sports HD

Sky Sports & Cinema HD

Viaplay

Mega TV

Phone Line Rental

Anytime chatter
New monthly payment
£74.00*
A reminder again that moving to Virgin V360 is not compulsory as part of a contract change unless you want to use the exclusive V360 apps (Disney+, Paramount+ etc). If you are happy with your channel selection & the operation of your boxes, you DO NOT have to migrate your boxes as part of the contract change. If you have the older 500Mb TiVO you can upgrade your boxes to V6 boxes without losing the TiVO features.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:13   #9
Frazz
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
A reminder again that moving to Virgin V360 is not compulsory as part of a contract change unless you want to use the exclusive V360 apps (Disney+, Paramount+ etc). If you are happy with your channel selection & the operation of your boxes, you DO NOT have to migrate your boxes as part of the contract change. If you have the older 500Mb TiVO you can upgrade your boxes to V6 boxes without losing the TiVO features.
Won't be moving to 360 as moved to it when I renewed last time and quickly switched back to Tivo when I found out how shit it was
Old 03-01-2024, 13:03   #10
Kevc69
cf.member

Kevc69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish open reach would make more of an effort with installing hi-speed fibre. I'm stuck with Virgin until they can get a fast enough speed to run sky stream.
Kevc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 04:23   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevc69 View Post
I wish open reach would make more of an effort with installing hi-speed fibre. I'm stuck with Virgin until they can get a fast enough speed to run sky stream.
You and me both.

---------- Post added at 04:23 ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
It's a extra £18 for TNT Sports
Is the top pack without TNT Sports £18 cheaper or did the price remain the same?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 01:36   #12
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You and me both.

---------- Post added at 04:23 ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 ----------

Is the top pack without TNT Sports £18 cheaper or did the price remain the same?
I'm not sure Richard but i'm 99% sure it didn't get cheaper due to my cynicism
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 14:12   #13
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

According to digitalbitrate - Sky Sports Tennis HD 1 & 2 are testing
https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 14:47   #14
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
According to digitalbitrate - Sky Sports Tennis HD 1 & 2 are testing
https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en
I feel if Sky are set to launch a Tennis channel in March is would be far too early for Virgin to start test for it in January so I feel Virgin Media are set to launch HD Channels of the following Warner Bros Discovery UK Channels soon.

*CNN International HD
*Boomerang HD

OR:

Sky are set to have 3 events week of January 29th. Could be multi-court options alongside an existing channel that would be enough for a few weeks but I’m just guessing really.*

*Info from one of my followers over on X.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 08-01-2024 at 15:00.
Old 09-01-2024, 04:12   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

We may be losing even more channels
as Channel 4 is having to make cuts due to the worst downturn in advertising for 15 years.

Speculation is growing that part of the costcutting measures will include closing some channels and moving some to streaming only.

Personally I expect the Box music channels to be the first to go. They aren't Channel 4 branded, viewing of music channels continues to decrease and they are only available on Sky & Virgin.

We'll know more at the end of this month.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...uts-is-looming
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote