Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media merger with O2 approved by competition regulator

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media merger with O2 approved by competition regulator

Old 03-05-2021, 00:15   #16
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Media merger with O2 approved by competition regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Have vodaphone at the moment and it is rubbish .
I moved to sky in readiness.
They carry over my unused data for 3 years as well, as opposed to Virgin who do it for 1 month.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2021, 01:48   #17
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What's O2 customer service like (never used them) and do they use UK based call centres?

If it 's any good, hopefully they will improve the current abysmal CS efforts of VM.
I think it was okay when I was with them a while back. But mergers are rarely about doing things well and they can tend to be a race to the bottom. I'd honestly expect VM to not change a habit of a lifetime, they'll more than likely offshore O2's customer services if they are still UK based.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:32   #18
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
I think it was okay when I was with them a while back. But mergers are rarely about doing things well and they can tend to be a race to the bottom. I'd honestly expect VM to not change a habit of a lifetime, they'll more than likely offshore O2's customer services if they are still UK based.
It's a merger and no reason that VM will dominate decisions like this one. Indeed, the Chief Commercial Officer for Mobile in the merged company will come from O2. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...nts-confirmed/

And when BT acquired EE, it subsequently committed to onshoring call centres which it has achieved.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 03-05-2021 at 10:41.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2021, 10:43   #19
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

The merger was finally approved today.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-to-merge.html
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:44   #20
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Now launched today

https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2

Quote:
The firm said it will deliver gigabit broadband speeds across its network by the end of the year and deploy fibre to millions of additional homes.

While there are no changes to existing services, Virgin Media O2 is preparing to offer converged broadband, entertainment and mobile services in one place later this year.
[I thought VM did the latter anyway? ]

https://www.cityam.com/virgin-media-...r-31bn-merger/
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote