Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 19:08   #4546
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I wonder if Disney will remove its content from the UK Netflix like they are doing in America next year? That would dent the appeal of Netflix over Amazon, Now tv etc.

As for HBO Now offering stand alone subscriptions, I'm sure that will happen as the media cos launch their own apps with only their own content on them. I've no doubt Disney will survive into the future, but I have doubts on some of the others.

Netflix has been the place to go to as it shows such a wide variety of content, but if media companies only allow content on their own streaming services, I'm not sure if Netflix would survive into the future and almost certain, based on their own made content, that Amazon Prime will not survive.
Old 02-10-2018, 19:20   #4547
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I wonder if Disney will remove its content from the UK Netflix like they are doing in America next year? That would dent the appeal of Netflix over Amazon, Now tv etc.

As for HBO Now offering stand alone subscriptions, I'm sure that will happen as the media cos launch their own apps with only their own content on them. I've no doubt Disney will survive into the future, but I have doubts on some of the others.

Netflix has been the place to go to as it shows such a wide variety of content, but if media companies only allow content on their own streaming services, I'm not sure if Netflix would survive into the future and almost certain, based on their own made content, that Amazon Prime will not survive.
I think Netflix will be all right. I get it for their original content, of which they already have an extensive library, which is being added to all the time. Amazon needs to commission more good content as well, but it should be OK.

We should also see other providers coming along, and it will be very interesting to see how they fare. No doubt in value for money terms, subscriptions need to be cheaper than the big two if they are offering less content as people will be comparing with them.
Old 03-10-2018, 22:31   #4548
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
bbxxl is saying the app loads fine by itself. This is some problem with the linking from My Shows. All I can think to try is a "Clear Programme Info & Planned Recs" from the Clear or Reset TiVo menu. It won't delete anything, but does take about an hour, so don't do it when you want to watch or record something.
For some reason I’m not receiving email updates so have only just seen the replies! Thank you. I’ll try this.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37   #4549
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Netflix Announces Plans to Create New Series & Films Based on 'The Chronicles of Narnia'

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/vi...-watch-1149082
Old 04-10-2018, 12:52   #4550
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

I wish someone would make the other two novels of Philip Pullman's trilogy Dark Materials.
As you may know the Golden Compass was based on the first novel "Northern Lights" and caused outrage in the Catholic church, which led to dumming down of the films content during editing.

Last edited by alwaysabear; 04-10-2018 at 13:01.
Old 04-10-2018, 14:35   #4551
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I wish someone would make the other two novels of Philip Pullman's trilogy Dark Materials.
As you may know the Golden Compass was based on the first novel "Northern Lights" and caused outrage in the Catholic church, which led to dumming down of the films content during editing.
One of my favorite writers. I agree, the film was a huge cop-out. The BBC are currently producing these books as a TV series. The first of the series is to be broadcast in 2019, I believe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/la...dark-materials
Old 04-10-2018, 16:21   #4552
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
One of my favorite writers. I agree, the film was a huge cop-out. The BBC are currently producing these books as a TV series. The first of the series is to be broadcast in 2019, I believe.

And they did radio version a while back, which recently got a repeat.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00...episodes/guide

Can't wait for that TV version.
Old 04-10-2018, 16:32   #4553
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
And they did radio version a while back, which recently got a repeat.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00...episodes/guide

Can't wait for that TV version.
Same applies for Good Omens - the radio version was great:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04knt4h

And now there is going to be a TV version on Amazon Prime.
Old 04-10-2018, 17:55   #4554
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Same applies for Good Omens - the radio version was great:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04knt4h

And now there is going to be a TV version on Amazon Prime.
The BBC is co-producer on Good Omens, since the project started with them, so it is getting broadcast on BBC2 after a set period.
Old 04-10-2018, 18:54   #4555
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post

Thank you, great news.
Old 11-10-2018, 13:42   #4556
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post

I said this to you a while back don't forget Fox and NBC Universal content as well if they decided to remove it from Amazon and Netflix.

Just off the top of my head
NBC Universal

Suits
Mr Robot
Queen of the South
The Purge
The Sinner
Shooter
Good Girls
The Good Place

That's first run imagine how much back catalogue and movies there are.

Last edited by muppetman11; 11-10-2018 at 13:51.
Old 11-10-2018, 21:19   #4557
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

I agree, tons. I read a article, (I'll try and dig it up if I find it again) that Netflix's own tv shows and films now make up more than 50% of all new content being shown on the streamer. But, they won't have Star Wars, or any other Disney stuff for that matter.
Old 15-10-2018, 16:36   #4558
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

ITV Chief Executive Carolyn McCall signals a new ITV SVOD service for 2019 and improvements to the ITV Hub.

https://advanced-television.com/2018...-svod-in-2019/
Old 15-10-2018, 16:47   #4559
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

No mention of HD , I’m pretty sure you can’t get HD content on the ITV Player the only option is through some pay TV providers I know Sky certainly have ITV catchup in HD not sure on other platforms.
Old 15-10-2018, 17:13   #4560
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
No mention of HD , I’m pretty sure you can’t get HD content on the ITV Player the only option is through some pay TV providers I know Sky certainly have ITV catchup in HD not sure on other platforms.
Maybe that's one of the improvements envisaged. No details have been given.
Closed Thread