Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 02-04-2013, 15:10   #76
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
This bloke that challenged IDS to live on £53 a week isn't exactly the best example is he .
He is a self employed fruiterer with a market stall which clearly isn't making him any money so possibly it is time to move on and try something else
,and just so we are clear no one is meant to live on unemployment benefits like JSA ,they are meant to survive .
Funny,I thought exactly the same thing... here is a business model that doesn't work,so he expects the public to make up for it??
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 15:14   #77
tizmeinnit

Quote:
This bloke that challenged IDS to live on £53 a week isn't exactly the best example is he .
He is a self employed fruiterer with a market stall which clearly isn't making him any money so possibly it is time to move on and try something else ,and just so we are clear no one is meant to live on unemployment benefits like JSA ,they are meant to survive .
and the difference that makes is? IDS spouted crap and has been pulled up on it its irrelevant who did

oh and incidentally he is trying very hard you string up the scroungers lot should be praising him

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No thanks.

I've worked hard to get myself out of that situation, I have no intentions of doing it again as a paper exercise which, you and I both know, won't change anyone's mind anyway.
see blinkered that in itself proves my point all along. You worked hard to get out of that situation before this is today a totally different climate. Only those in the position today knows what it is like today I know you have worked hard and still do and are not comfortable as it were and I do respect that side of it just not your political viewpoint on this issue
Old 02-04-2013, 15:16   #78
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

What's wrong with the current system is that it's become a lifestyle choice for too many people. That's not good for UK PLC and it's certainly not good for those who really need support and have no other choices because resources which could and should be made available to them are being directed at people who don't deserve them.

Yes it is harsh and yes it will involve hurting people (including my youngest) who haven't done anything wrong but IMHO it's the only way to get back to a system in which welfare is there as a back-up for those in genuine need and not a means by which some people can drift through their lives and go on to bring up their children expecting others to support them in turn.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:18   #79
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Since all the threads have now been merged i will mention this little snippet quoted on the Jeremy Vine show today .
When LABOUR in 2008-9 decided to reassess everyone on disability payments the result was astounding .800,000 people decided not to go for the medical and simply ended their claims .Now if that figure is true it is eye watering ,if it has been exaggerated by 50% it is still terrible and shows how many where allowed to claim benefits falsely ,which is probably why doctors where removed from making the decision as to whether someone was fit to work or not .
Now i have to go back to work and earn some benefits for someone so i'll let someone else find the official figures to back up Edwina Curries statement.
Old 02-04-2013, 15:18   #80
Will21st
Inactive

Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
and the difference that makes is? IDS spouted crap and has been pulled up on it its irrelevant who did

oh and incidentally he is trying very hard you string up the scroungers lot should be praising him
it's good he's trying,but what good is it if his 'business' can't support him and he relies on benefits anyway? Time to do something else,really...

also,why should IDS prove to anyone he can live on benefits... he's done it before and has worked himself to the top,good for him I say. But I guess in Britain AD 2013 it's string up the well-to-do...
Old 02-04-2013, 15:22   #81
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
What's wrong with the current system is that it's become a lifestyle choice for too many people. That's not good for UK PLC and it's certainly not good for those who really need support and have no other choices because resources which could and should be made available to them are being directed at people who don't deserve them.

Yes it is harsh and yes it will involve hurting people (including my youngest) who haven't done anything wrong but IMHO it's the only way to get back to a system in which welfare is there as a back-up for those in genuine need and not a means by which some people can drift through their lives and go on to bring up their children expecting others to support them in turn.
that I do not contest but the governments propaganda is pushing the worker to believe its all down to the unemployed

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
it's good he's trying,but what good is it if his 'business' can't support him and he relies on benefits anyway? Time to do something else,really...

also,why should IDS prove to anyone he can live on benefits... he's done it before and has worked himself to the top,good for him I say. But I guess in Britain AD 2013 it's string up the well-to-do...
no less than the string up the claimant crew...
Old 02-04-2013, 15:29   #82
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post

no less than the string up the claimant crew...
well,trying to bring the benefits system back to it's intended purpose,which is supporting the needy,is a far cry from a call to string up the claimants.
This is painful but it needs to be done for the sake of the country and its future. Far too many people rely on the state and it needs to stop,simple as that.
Old 02-04-2013, 15:40   #83
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Poor affected - The Rich not affected again - why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So many anti Tory threads from Arthur lately. Shall we just create a general hate the Tories thread ;-)
Yes please and can you set it to automatically move any of Arthur's rant threads straight into it so we don't get caught out by a sneaky one.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:45   #84
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Its just been said on Sky News that IDS income per week AFTER tax is £1600 per week.

Plus he has a private car and chauffeur and probably a Protection officer. Sick.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:46   #85
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Its just been said on Sky News that IDS income per week AFTER tax is £1600 per week.

Plus he has a private car and chauffeur and probably a Protection officer. Sick.
Envy is ugly, Arthur.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:46   #86
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Poor affected - The Rich not affected again - why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Yes please and can you set it to automatically move any of Arthur's rant threads straight into it so we don't get caught out by a sneaky one.
A better idea would be to start your own thread and keep all your rants about Arthur in that one place.
Old 02-04-2013, 15:51   #87
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

Yes,he's a high-ranking Member of Government and has worked hard to get there.... your point being?
Old 02-04-2013, 16:05   #88
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Since all the threads have now been merged i will mention this little snippet quoted on the Jeremy Vine show today .
When LABOUR in 2008-9 decided to reassess everyone on disability payments the result was astounding .800,000 people decided not to go for the medical and simply ended their claims .Now if that figure is true it is eye watering ,if it has been exaggerated by 50% it is still terrible and shows how many where allowed to claim benefits falsely ,which is probably why doctors where removed from making the decision as to whether someone was fit to work or not .
Now i have to go back to work and earn some benefits for someone so i'll let someone else find the official figures to back up Edwina Curries statement.
yeah and it was Thatcher who encouraged claimants onto the sick remember her way of doctoring the unemployment figures after they drove past 3 million
Old 02-04-2013, 16:06   #89
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

The problem is there is an entire section of the population who have never worked. While I don't think they are the majority at all, I've seen people on benefits not think twice about spending (say) a couple of hundred for a pair of trainers. I work and cannot afford that. I know people who can afford to spend that amount on trainers that have never worked. I know of people who are the second or third generation in a family who've never worked.

That has to stop.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:10   #90
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Yes,he's a high-ranking Member of Government and has worked hard to get there.... your point being?
its public service not service yourself. No one in public service is worth that much

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
The problem is there is an entire section of the population who have never worked. While I don't think they are the majority at all, I've seen people on benefits not think twice about spending (say) a couple of hundred for a pair of trainers. I work and cannot afford that. I know people who can afford to spend that amount on trainers that have never worked. I know of people who are the second or third generation in a family who've never worked.

That has to stop.
still not jobs for everyone may as well employ those that want jobs first. Society and capitalism demands everyone has to have money to survive so it makes finding an answer hard cuz if you take their money away they will have to turn to crime to survive. Unless you just kill them all or put them on an island to fend for themselves perhaps?