Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 03-06-2019, 12:45   #13546
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Going away tomorrow to spend 19 days on my boat chillaxing .
Have fun

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
glad your ok now Mark.
Glad you are ok too, Nash
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2019, 16:50   #13547
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Replacement Camera has arrived, just 3 days after the claim.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 16:38   #13548
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

On Friday I went with my sister and co and drove to andover to spend the night in a travelogde befor I went to Thruxton to get my birthday pressie.

I did several sighting laps in a skoda with a driver telling up the driving line, braking apex and exit etc.

Then I drove in a Porsche Caymen which had paddle shift (Which I thought was easy), I then drove in a 5 liter Ford Mustang ( I stalled it at first) boy was that fun, I should have drive as a passenger in a GT Cup car.

But while we were waiting for my drive the said GT Cup car came into the pits and the Driver and passenger got out PDQ as it was smokeing like a old steam train.

My sister ask what was happening and they said they have a plan B but don't know what it was.

Well plan B was 2 lap with Tiff Needell in a BMW M4, boy was it scary, so the racing line and he drifted around many corners, even my bum hole gripped the seat , I also got his autograph, he was very frendly.

The way he drove the M4 he had to fill up every 3o minutes, and tyres 2/3 times a day.
Old 09-06-2019, 16:42   #13549
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
On Friday I went with my sister and co and drove to andover to spend the night in a travelogde befor I went to Thruxton to get my birthday pressie.

I did several sighting laps in a skoda with a driver telling up the driving line, braking apex and exit etc.

Then I drove in a Porsche Caymen which had paddle shift (Which I thought was easy), I then drove in a 5 liter Ford Mustang ( I stalled it at first) boy was that fun, I should have drive as a passenger in a GT Cup car.

But while we were waiting for my drive the said GT Cup car came into the pits and the Driver and passenger got out PDQ as it was smokeing like a old steam train.

My sister ask what was happening and they said they have a plan B but don't know what it was.

Well plan B was 2 lap with Tiff Needell in a BMW M4, boy was it scary, so the racing line and he drifted around many corners, even my bum hole gripped the seat , I also got his autograph, he was very frendly.

The way he drove the M4 he had to fill up every 3o minutes, and tyres 2/3 times a day.
Bloody BMW drivers!
Old 10-06-2019, 11:45   #13550
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Proud of my lad (he’s 27).

Did his first Triathlon yesterday - 750m open water swim, 20k bike ride, then 7.5k run.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:09   #13551
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Bloody BMW drivers!
Are they that bad SnoopZ.
Old 10-06-2019, 14:18   #13552
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Replacement Camera has arrived, just 3 days after the claim.
Wait for your insurance renewal price, and those in future years. Buying a new camera might have worked out cheaper...
Never did get the hang of this Happy Thought thread thing
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 17:48   #13553
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Are they that bad SnoopZ.
According to Homer they're. haha
Old 10-06-2019, 18:09   #13554
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Did his first Triathlon yesterday - 750m open water swim, 20k bike ride, then 7.5k run.
Even if you divided those by 10, I'd struggle
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 18:43   #13555
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Blooming heck Hugh, where have the years gone!!!!! It only seems like a couple of years since he was leaving school. Good on him for surviving his first Triathlon.
Old 10-06-2019, 19:35   #13556
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Wait for your insurance renewal price, and those in future years. Buying a new camera might have worked out cheaper...
Never did get the hang of this Happy Thought thread thing
Having recently completed my ongoing insurance claim for burst pipe flooding I was pleasantly surprised to receive an insurance renewal quote just £30 more than the previous year - still under £300 for buildings and contents.

This after them paying out over £140,000.

Maybe a claim for a camera won't be so bad after all.
Old 11-06-2019, 22:41   #13557
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Was meant to do Jury Service next week but I have been excused.

Happy thought for me and the competency of the criminal justice system in general I think.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 18:52   #13558
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Sister is now seeing our Dad's true colours as his white lies as he calls them have finally bit him in the arse but I certainly was not going to take the fall. Oh well one thing for sure they really are two peas in a pod.

Best birthday gift I could have, even if it is a day early

True colours are shining through for all to see.
Old 16-06-2019, 20:45   #13559
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My eldest ran the 10k marathon today and managed to raise a good bit of money for a charity close to his heart the children's hospital.

Well done son I'm so proud of you.
https://www.glasgowchildrenshospitalcharity.org/

Here he is with the very special little lady in his life.

Last edited by weenie; 18-06-2019 at 11:52.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 21:06   #13560
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
My eldest ran the 10k marathon today and managed to raise a good bit of money for a charity close to his heart the children's hospital.

Well done son I'm so proud of you.
https://www.glasgowchildrenshospitalcharity.org/

Here he is with the very special little lady in his life.
Well Done, Your a star
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote