Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2022, 03:01   #751
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
There is a complaint on the VM Community boards today that recordings made on these channels are not working.
It's a bit like with the SD to HD channel migrations where users complained they still had the SD version and that the updates hadn't worked in their area. Boxes don't always update immediately and can carry cached SI data for relatively long periods. The solution is either to wait until the data refreshes or force the box to update with a reboot.
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2022, 18:28   #752
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The AD channels were the last BBC SD channels that I was able to use to record from to save disc space. I've now had to delete some things that I wanted to watch and the box itself has deleted some things too.

I was not happy at all about this, so called Virgin to cancel. They gave me a further £25 off my bill (what the sly so and so's didn't mention was that they would remove the credit awarded to cover the price increase that I refused to pay).

Still, i'm basically getting Full House TV, phone & BB for the price of BB only, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 01-05-2022, 19:22   #753
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Such irreverence to an organisation that appears to be VERY VERY generous to you.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:23   #754
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Such irreverence to an organisation that appears to be VERY VERY generous to you.
I'd much prefer a decent all round service than discounts to compensate for their shortcomings in order to keep my domestic & commercial subscriptions. I will continue to praise or criticise them where appropriate.

If they didn't heavily discount, i'd be off like a shot. I owe them nothing, they are simply a supplier of mine who will be dumped the minute they no longer meet my domestic and/or commercial needs.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:54   #755
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'd much prefer a decent all round service than discounts to compensate for their shortcomings in order to keep my domestic & commercial subscriptions. I will continue to praise or criticise them where appropriate.

If they didn't heavily discount, i'd be off like a shot. I owe them nothing, they are simply a supplier of mine who will be dumped the minute they no longer meet my domestic and/or commercial needs.
Must be nice to be in a position where you hold all the cards.
Old 02-05-2022, 15:32   #756
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media Forum says that Disney+ has launch on Virgin Media Stream.

Coming soon to TV360.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-05-2022, 17:41   #757
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I owe them nothing, they are simply a supplier of mine who will be dumped the minute they no longer meet my domestic and/or commercial needs.
Good lord, Richard for once I wholeheartedly agree with you
Old 02-05-2022, 18:41   #758
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

RXTV is reporting that Hochanda has signed a one year deal with Virgin costing Hochanda £192,310.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/the-abando...eeview-channel
Old 03-05-2022, 00:00   #759
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Virgin Media Forum says that Disney+ has launch on Virgin Media Stream.

Coming soon to TV360.
definitely not coming to tivo v6?
Old 03-05-2022, 00:04   #760
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Their own Q&As make no mention of the V6 so unlikely

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...e/ba-p/4997802
Old 03-05-2022, 03:11   #761
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Quote:
We are working with Disney to be able to offer Disney + on our 360 boxes but we dont have any further information at the moment.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...ht/true#M29735

Also:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...ht/true#M29750

---------- Post added at 02:09 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

ITV AD closes on Virgin Media

ITV AD has tonight close on Virgin UK Channel 853.

So viewers in Scotland can no longer watch ITV local news from London or a film on New Year Eve just after midnight on ITV.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

@RichardCoulter ITV are still shown in SD on ITV +1 on Virgin UK Channel 114.
Old 03-05-2022, 09:17   #762
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Re: Disney+ I wonder if Sky still has exclusivity for traditional broadcast TV set top boxes?

Stream might be able to circumvent that because its a streaming service. I can't think of another reason to exclude millions of your customers, given Stream and 360 both use the same Horizon platform.
Old 03-05-2022, 09:32   #763
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...ht/true#M29735

Also:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...ht/true#M29750

---------- Post added at 02:09 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

ITV AD closes on Virgin Media

ITV AD has tonight close on Virgin UK Channel 853.

So viewers in Scotland can no longer watch ITV local news from London or a film on New Year Eve just after midnight on ITV.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

@RichardCoulter ITV are still shown in SD on ITV +1 on Virgin UK Channel 114.
Thanks, I currently use 113 for ITV SD. If they switch that off, I can use ITV+1
Old 03-05-2022, 13:55   #764
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

To have a box at capacity would imply a lot of saving programmes over a long time. TiVo is primarily a time shift device... Not a long term storage device. If you had to get a box swapped out you'd hardly expect compensation for loss of recordings
Old 03-05-2022, 15:16   #765
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
To have a box at capacity would imply a lot of saving programmes over a long time. TiVo is primarily a time shift device... Not a long term storage device. If you had to get a box swapped out you'd hardly expect compensation for loss of recordings
Richard expects compensation for everything.
Closed Thread