Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2003, 20:53   #61
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

[offtopic]

popcorn anyone? [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

wanna [img]Download Failed (1)[/img] with that?

better hurry, the [img]Download Failed (1)[/img] is about to start

or do i mean [img]Download Failed (1)[/img] ?

or perhaps even [img]Download Failed (1)[/img] ?

[/offtopic]
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2003, 20:55   #62
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

mark what have u been drinking?
i'll have some popcorn and a cola please :p
Old 13-11-2003, 20:57   #63
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth
Mainly because the phone is part of the cable package.

I'm sure I've said this many times.
funny u make a sweeping statment about me settling for second best, and then ignore the reply
Old 13-11-2003, 20:58   #64
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
UDT, you say you are above that simplistic view. Yet, you have in the past (several times on here and .com) announced that all NTL employees are bad and/or liars. That, to me, is a simplistic view.

My point is that you cannot generalise like that. Even if all the CS people you have dealt with have been terrible, it does not mean that ALL CS people in ALL areas are bad.
I don't generalise, I purely look at their customer handling skills. Though I never announced all NTL CS people are liars/bad/incompetant (those are other people's words), I have not seen any evidence to suggest they are not incompetant, not liars and not bad.

Undisputedtruth
Old 13-11-2003, 21:00   #65
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
I don't generalise, I purely look at their customer handling skills. Though I never announced all NTL CS people are liars/bad/incompetant (those are other people's words), I have not seen any evidence to suggest they are not incompetant, not liars and not bad.

Undisputedtruth
What despite the posts stating it ????

50% of people say it's OK ....
Old 13-11-2003, 21:02   #66
Bex
Inactive

1.I don't generalise,
2.I purely look at their customer handling skills.
3.Though I never announced all NTL CS people are liars/bad/incompetant
4.I have not seen any evidence to suggest they are not incompetant, not liars and not bad.

is it me or are these statements inconsistent......??????
Old 13-11-2003, 21:04   #67
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Undisputedtruth
Actually, I have, on several occasions seen you describe NTL employees as liars, or bad, or incompetant. Sometimes you have also said that all NTL employees are liars. You have also told people that they are proNTL so therefore they must work for NTL.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:15   #68
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
funny u make a sweeping statment about me settling for second best, and then ignore the reply
Are expecting me to reply to two different post at once?

Quote:
excuse me?

are u insinuating that i am happy with "second best" ? having worked for customer service i know the level of service that i should be getting......i think that it is YOU that has the problem, in that you are maybe expecting too much, or are going in with a negative attitude
You may have worked in customer serice, perhaps even for NTL (whether you did or not I do not care), but I very much doubt your customer handling skills is advanced as mine. If you did, then perhaps you could see things the way I do. As for me having high expectations, I do not make any apologies and why should I? With NTL, I'm afraid, I have low expectations. There is no point is setting them for NTL. BT has actually surpassed my expectations.

Again, you're suggesting I'm approaching the associates with a negative attitude. May I refer to you my answer I gave in post #53. Do you not read my post?
Old 13-11-2003, 21:19   #69
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but I very much doubt your customer handling skills is advanced as mine.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:20   #70
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
You may have worked in customer serice, perhaps even for NTL (whether you did or not I do not care), but I very much doubt your customer handling skills is advanced as mine.
oh im sorry i forgot you knew me personally, and i forgot that you know all about my job history and the level of skills i have aquired, how silly of me to even question that it maybe YOU that has a problem and not the rest of us who feel that ntl cs isn's as bad as you made out

and as for me not being as advanced as u, get over yourself
Old 13-11-2003, 21:25   #71
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDT
I sometimes wonder whether some of these people actually read my posts without their imagination taking over.
Sometimes you are so needlessly rude to everyone, it's a wonder they read your posts at all.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:28   #72
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Ok people, keep it calm or this thread will be locked down for 30 minutes for people to cool off.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-11-2003, 21:30   #73
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
oh im sorry i forgot you knew me personally, and i forgot that you know all about my job history and the level of skills i have aquired, how silly of me toe ven question that it maybe YOU that has a problem and not the rest of us who feel that ntl cs isn's as bad as you made out

and as my me not being as advanced as u...take you head out of your *** for five minutes and look into the real world
Bexy, you have no evidence to support what you're saying. You have not given any examples of your competance. To say you worked in a customer services for five years does not mean you have fully developed customer handling skills. If you look at people who have worked in supermarkets, McDonalds or ticket offices then they can also claim they have customer service skills.

Again, you're trying to suggest it is me that have the problem. Yet again, do I need to repeat myself of pointing out again a previous answer in post #53. Let me know if you don't understand what I said in #53.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:37   #74
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Bexy, you have no evidence to support what you're saying. You have not given any examples of your competance. To say you worked in a customer services for five years does not mean you have fully developed customer handling skills. If you look at people who have worked in supermarkets, McDonalds or ticket offices then they can also claim they have customer service skills.

Again, you're trying to suggest it is me that have the problem. Yet again, do I need to repeat myself of pointing out again a previous answer in post #53. Let me know if you don't understand what I said in #53.
you are the most condescending person i have ever come across on this forum, if you approach the cs staff in the same manner, no wonder they arent helpful to you

you have no right to say that you are better/more advanced than anyone else, you ask me where my experience/my evidence is and you constantly seem to ask people to support themselves, yet you dont seem to give any evidence for what you claim

what is this fixation you have with post 53...sorry am i missing something
Old 13-11-2003, 21:39   #75
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
You may have worked in customer serice, perhaps even for NTL (whether you did or not I do not care), but I very much doubt your customer handling skills is advanced as mine. If you did, then perhaps you could see things the way I do.
As bexy has said, how do you know how well she deals with customers? Do you know her? Have you ever spoken to her? As to your own Customer Handling skills, I have found you to be polite in PMs (ie on a one to one basis) but on the forums, you are somewhat less than polite, and even rude in some cases.
Quote:
As for me having high expectations, I do not make any apologies and why should I? With NTL, I'm afraid, I have low expectations. There is no point is setting them for NTL. BT has actually surpassed my expectations.
Good, if you get bad service from any company you should stand up for your rights. Not enough people in this country do that.
Quote:
Again, you're suggesting I'm approaching the associates with a negative attitude. May I refer to you my answer I gave in post #53. Do you not read my post?
Quote:
I've been on various courses on how to handle to dificult and abusive people and thankfully I have used these skills when dealing with NTL associates. I try not to ask difficult questions as this only confuse their minds. I try and give support especially when they are clearly not capable. Though I'm polite on the phone, they are clearly lack skills in handling customers.
So, you don't approach NTL associates with a negative attitude? Yet you say "I try not to ask difficult question as this only confuse their mind" & "thankfully I have used these skills when dealing with NTL associates". You appear to be assuming that whatever associate you speak to will be thick (or lack communication skills) or difficult. If that is not a negative attitude, I don't know what is.
Closed Thread