Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Retuning Freesat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Retuning Freesat

Old 29-04-2022, 20:03   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Retuning Freesat

Now I know there have been changes since I tuned in my box some channels added and some taken away.

Do these channels auto tune and delete or should I retune every few months just to be sure I'm up to date?

I don't think I've retuned my box for at least 2 years.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2022, 20:34   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Retuning Freesat

It’s unlikely you will have to re-tune. Freesat boxes are normally pretty good at keeping themselves up to date. AFAIK they don’t actually have a re-tune option anyway. You would have to re-set the box to make it re-scan for channels.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2022, 20:54   #3
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

OK. Thanks for that Chris. The Freesat box I have is just a basic Humax Freesat HD box I bought and its done me proud I think it was about £45 when I got it from Currys.

U can actually attach an external USB hard disk to it and record to it and YES it does work, I once recorded a documentary to it and it played back with no issue.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2022, 09:48   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Freesat boxes autoretune, but in rare circumstances a retune can be require. Some models of Humax do so overnight I seem to recall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It’s unlikely you will have to re-tune. Freesat boxes are normally pretty good at keeping themselves up to date. AFAIK they don’t actually have a re-tune option anyway. You would have to re-set the box to make it re-scan for channels.
You can usually edit and delete channels, so you need to be able to rescan to bring channels back if you change your mind.

My Manhattan Freesat box has a "Freesat Retune" option under the Tuning menu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
OK. Thanks for that Chris. The Freesat box I have is just a basic Humax Freesat HD box I bought and its done me proud I think it was about £45 when I got it from Currys.

U can actually attach an external USB hard disk to it and record to it and YES it does work, I once recorded a documentary to it and it played back with no issue.
Shame Humax don't make Freesat boxes anymore. My Manhattan is great but the USB can't be used for recording.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote