Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2022, 22:35   #901
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

This is now getting confusing. 🤣 I thought all the channels would drop the CBS brand, given Paramount have sold their share in the partnership to AMC. Guess this now means Paramount can fully focus its efforts on Paramount+.
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2022, 08:23   #902
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
This is now getting confusing. 🤣 I thought all the channels would drop the CBS brand, given Paramount have sold their share in the partnership to AMC. Guess this now means Paramount can fully focus its efforts on Paramount+.
That's a Freeview error, I think. The channel's new name is just 'Reality'.
Old 24-06-2022, 09:45   #903
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Or the breakup of the CBS/AMC joint venture is resulting in CBS keeping 1 channel, hence it keeping the branding and Reality Xtra (formerly CBS Drama) not. The latter me be remaining with AMC.

Just a thought, I've not read anything.
Old 24-06-2022, 18:38   #904
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Or the breakup of the CBS/AMC joint venture is resulting in CBS keeping 1 channel, hence it keeping the branding and Reality Xtra (formerly CBS Drama) not. The latter me be remaining with AMC.

Just a thought, I've not read anything.
I think there's a little bit of people of reading speculation on forums and repeating it as fact going on here. AMC aren't good at issuing press releases until after the event, so that's not going to help.
Old 24-06-2022, 19:20   #905
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
I think there's a little bit of people of reading speculation on forums and repeating it as fact going on here. AMC aren't good at issuing press releases until after the event, so that's not going to help.
There's lots of people doing that unfortunately, on other forums too. Read it often enough, or with enough conviction, and they think it's true. I've not seen anything official that's clear, so until I do I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt.
Old 27-06-2022, 16:35   #906
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The following channels has all been moved to CO73:

Absolute Radio - moved from SID 2115 to 2206
Classic FM - moved from SID 2114 to 2205
Planet Rock - moved from SID 2116 to 2207

You will need to readd them to your Favourites.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 27-06-2022, 17:34   #907
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
The following channels has all been moved to CO73:

Absolute Radio - moved from SID 2115 to 2206
Classic FM - moved from SID 2114 to 2205
Planet Rock - moved from SID 2116 to 2207

You will need to readd them to your Favourites.
Not on 360 or Stream you won't
Old 27-06-2022, 20:09   #908
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Not on 360 or Stream you won't
They'd have to find them first.
Old 28-06-2022, 02:43   #909
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

All channels on CO58 (SID 6XX) is in a middle of being move to about:

Here is a list of channels on C058 as of June 24th:

*BBC Red Button 2
*BBC Red Button 3
*Quest Red
*BBC Red Button 4
*SONY MAX2
*BBC Red Button 5
*BBC Red Button 6
*Movies 24
*Movies 24+

All channels on CO69 (SID 10XX) is in a middle of being move to about:

Here is a list of channels on C069 as of June 27th:

**5ACTION
**ITVBe
**Kids TV On Demand
**Gems TV
**Nightly Television X
**Food Network
**PBS America
**Store
**Sky Arts
**NDTV Good Times
**TCM +1
**Utsav Bharat
**ITV2
**ITV4
**40+
**Nightly Adult Channel

The following channel has move from CO69 to CO68 (SID 21XX) - as of 2am on June 28th:
Utsav Bharat (SID 2102)
Gems TV (SID 2105)
ITV2 (SID 2107)
PBS America (SID 2108)
Store (SID 2109)
ITV4 (SID 2110)
NDTV Good Times (SID 2111)

If you have TiVo or V6 Box - You will need to readd them to your Favourite Channels list.
Old 28-06-2022, 07:41   #910
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
A correction - I was thinking of Reality Extra.

It appears that CBS Reality retains its name.

Sorry about that - just realised my error.
Old 28-06-2022, 15:05   #911
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

TiVo has still to get listings for Legend (Channel 149) and Horror Xtra (Channel 192) from July 1st.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 28-06-2022 at 15:36.
Old 29-06-2022, 12:58   #912
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
TiVo has still to get listings for Legend (Channel 149) and Horror Xtra (Channel 192) from July 1st.
UPDATE:

Now been updated.
Old 30-06-2022, 09:54   #913
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Changes to CBS channels on the 30th June:
149. Horror Channel is being replaced by Legend.
192. CBS Justice will become HorrorXtra,
197. CBS Drama will be replaced by RealityXtra.
202. Horror Ch +1 will become HorrorXtra +1.

Changes to some UKTV channels on the 30th June:
125. W (SD) to close on Virgin.
126. Alibi (SD) to close on Virgin.
127. Dave (SD) to close on Virgin.
211. W HD to move to Virgin Channel 125
212. Alibi HD to move to Virgin Channel 126
227. Dave HD to move to Virgin Channel 127
245. Eden (SD) to close on Virgin.
247. Eden HD to move to Virgin Channel 245
These changes have now happened.
Old 30-06-2022, 11:08   #914
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
These changes have now happened.
I can confirm that DaveHD is on free service of stream as well
Old 30-06-2022, 13:30   #915
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
This is now getting confusing. �� I thought all the channels would drop the CBS brand, given Paramount have sold their share in the partnership to AMC. Guess this now means Paramount can fully focus its efforts on Paramount+.
Interestingly In The Nordics where Paramount+ exists for now until it becomes Sky Showtime , Paramount recently agreed a content licensing deal with Viaplay
https://tbivision.com/2022/06/30/via...across-europe/

FBI International was also previously sold TV2 in Norway so it isn't mentioned.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

So they did Kept CBS Reality, I wonder why.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 30-06-2022 at 15:12.
Closed Thread