Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2015, 23:27   #1816
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not a massive lover of Dwayne Johnson's acting but I always like to give new series 3 or 4 episodes especially HBO ones.
I'm the same i give new shows a few episodes to bed in, it's a pity no-one in uk has picked up Salem that is a cracking show, surprised Sky didn't go for it tbh it would do well on Atlantic.
Advertisement
Old 20-07-2015, 11:03   #1817
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
higher priced packages for hd and super hd content?? i'm a dinosaur who doesnt even mind SD quality...i usually forget about putting the hd version on
I was thinking more of additional content rather than picture quality, Vince.
Old 20-07-2015, 21:25   #1818
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I just cancelled my Netflix sub, not much on there for us at the moment.
Old 20-07-2015, 21:36   #1819
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Not on uk netflix but use a smart dns you'll get a hell of a lot more content for your money.
Old 20-07-2015, 22:30   #1820
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Not on uk netflix but use a smart dns you'll get a hell of a lot more content for your money.

Tbh with you mate, and i really appreciate your knowledge in this, but i'm not really sure how to go about doing that, I'd need a step by step guide lol.
Old 20-07-2015, 22:46   #1821
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Tbh with you mate, and i really appreciate your knowledge in this, but i'm not really sure how to go about doing that, I'd need a step by step guide lol.
Go to ww.unblock-us.com take up their free 7 day trial they give full instructions how to set up your devices mate, it can't be set up on tivo but ps3,ps4,xbox360,xboxone,laptop,pc,firetv etc can easily be set up.
I personally have the smart dns set up on my router.
Old 20-07-2015, 23:28   #1822
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I use unblock-us, and with the exchange rate, if you choose to use it permanently, I have never paid more than £2.75 for the service (it uses the Canadian Dollar, not US Dollar).
Old 20-07-2015, 23:40   #1823
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I use unblock-us, and with the exchange rate, if you choose to use it permanently, I have never paid more than £2.75 for the service (it uses the Canadian Dollar, not US Dollar).
I personally use unlocator but that's a bit more hands on than unblock-us due to region changing not just for netflix but tv services.
I always recommend unblock-us to new comers to smart dns as it's the easiest one to use, i also use cactus vpn for a vpn service overall works out at about £6.50p/m for both cactus do a smart dns but that only supports usa and uk netflix at the moment.
Old 20-07-2015, 23:46   #1824
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I would tend to agree. I am watching Peaky Blinders and will then catch up on OITNB but after that, it is all stuff I have seen in the past. Not fussed about a lot of the exclusive content they have. I will probably keep it though, I can often something to watch if I am bored lazy and can't be bothered to put on a DVD or read something.
Old 21-07-2015, 01:04   #1825
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Go to ww.unblock-us.com take up their free 7 day trial they give full instructions how to set up your devices mate, it can't be set up on tivo but ps3,ps4,xbox360,xboxone,laptop,pc,firetv etc can easily be set up.
I think I will have to do this as the free DNS codes I put in the Xbox One stop working after a few days.
Old 21-07-2015, 01:15   #1826
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I think I will have to do this as the free DNS codes I put in the Xbox One stop working after a few days.
Never ever use free dns codes this s a sure fire way to get your bandwidth stolen and any information you may have too including xboxone console details.
Old 21-07-2015, 01:35   #1827
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Never ever use free dns codes this s a sure fire way to get your bandwidth stolen and any information you may have too including xboxone console details.
Thanks for the info.

Is it cheaper to pay unblock-us in Canadian dollars as I think they let you decide on first sign up?
Old 21-07-2015, 02:31   #1828
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Thanks for the info.

Is it cheaper to pay unblock-us in Canadian dollars as I think they let you decide on first sign up?
Yeah Canadian is cheapest, i used Canada location for my sign up to Netflix getting the 2 screen+hd one for £4.25p/m give and take exchange rates
Old 21-07-2015, 20:54   #1829
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Cheers mate....
Old 21-07-2015, 21:00   #1830
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I took up the 7 day trial.