Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 20-12-2011, 20:30   #781
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
does your samknows test every hour?

mine only tests every 6 hours and then only every hour between 6pm and midnight.

so 4am 10am then 4pm and 6pm to midnight hourly.
Yep mine tests every hour, always has done.

See attached pics.
Attached Images
File Type: png down.png (28.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png up.png (27.8 KB, 11 views)
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2011, 20:31   #782
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

hmm interesting.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 12:28   #783
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Another colourful day in NN4
Attached Images
File Type: png 4f1bc0b9d9a89e4e90035f063b355416-20-12-2011.png (101.2 KB, 23 views)
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 12:35   #784
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Not as colourful as mine!

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Mad Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 13:18   #785
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Gawd guys i feel like one of the few that seam to be lucky with low latency

djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 14:33   #786
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Bee View Post
Indeed yours is a wonder to behold and a testament to the ability of VM to ignore problems and hope they'll go away.

How long will it be before you do go away as I'm sure I could sell you a rubber coupling modem linking to my own connection which would perform better than you're getting now.
Old 21-12-2011, 15:44   #787
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...16086f886.html
Old 21-12-2011, 17:58   #788
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Indeed yours is a wonder to behold and a testament to the ability of VM to ignore problems and hope they'll go away.

How long will it be before you do go away as I'm sure I could sell you a rubber coupling modem linking to my own connection which would perform better than you're getting now.
I've never had a problem until two weeks ago when I noticed that Google Listen on my phone wasn't downloading the Football Weekly podcast anymore.

I'd seen this thread gradually growing page by page but never opened it. Had a look earlier this week and then setup the Think Broadband test.

I didn't expect to find such a miserable state of affairs but the £30 credit makes up for it a little.

I can still browse the web and that's all I really need. I'm much more frustrated by the crap tivo BBC red button service.
Mad Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 18:40   #789
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
mine has calmed down the last 3 days or so.

Which has got me wondering after all the discussion of node sizes.

I am about 30-40 streets away from a student area, which is got to be at least a few thousand properties, if I am on the same segment then how big is the segment? As student areas would calm down at christmas.

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post

Sales guy probably got sacked in your area looks like they just sold a few connections.

you in a village?

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Bee View Post

that sort of graph really should be seeing VM get a legal slapping. Clearly not fit for purpose.
Old 21-12-2011, 18:47   #790
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

lol i am in Glasgow m8...a rather large village
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 19:11   #791
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I am about 30-40 streets away from a student area, which is got to be at least a few thousand properties, if I am on the same segment then how big is the segment?
I thought that the point of most contention was the tiny local pipes (ie by node) serving a couple of hundred modems rather than the segment which I took to be a complete CMTS housing lord only knows how many line cards each of which was a local node and so serving a few thousand modems and fed by one or more gigabit fibres but it may well be that I've got it all wrong.

Whatever the naming conventions IMO VM have seriously screwed up by selling 100/10Mbps on shared 200/18Mbps pipes and it's that which is leading to the explosion in complaints on the community forum.
Old 21-12-2011, 23:26   #792
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:

I want that one
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 00:17   #793
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Old 22-12-2011, 07:17   #794
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Still not brilliant but at least speedtests have shown no upstream congestion the last few off peak times I've tried them.

I suspect any local gamers won't be impressed though.
Attached Images
File Type: png 6a38f614e935db6b454b976d78084fa9-21-12-2011.png (104.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 22-12-2011, 11:35   #795
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

yeah thats quite bad.

I have had full speed every time I have used it since about monday. My graphs also look significantly better since then.

This has coincided with what is typically the student holiday season even tho no students around here or at least should be very little.

No sign of work been done outages etc. so I expect come the new year it will revert to slow again.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Quote:
lol i am in Glasgow m8...a rather large village
sales guy done poor job then