Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Solo: A Star Wars Story

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Old 05-02-2018, 17:07   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story

That wasnt my opinion, it was techguyone's
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2018, 17:31   #32
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

heh yea Hugh it was so fantastic all the chinese cinemas pulled it inside of two weeks, despite poking in a chinese actress to keep them all warm and fuzzy.

Wonder how much of that 1.3 billion was spent on the marketing
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 18:02   #33
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
That wasnt my opinion, it was techguyone's
Oh dear l do apologise General.
Old 05-02-2018, 18:31   #34
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
heh yea Hugh it was so fantastic all the chinese cinemas pulled it inside of two weeks, despite poking in a chinese actress to keep them all warm and fuzzy.

Well I and most people I spoke to about TLJ enjoyed it. People moaned that TFA was a rehash and almost the same as ANH. That when they made a film that was different everyone moaned that it wasn't the same lol.

I do hope this Solo movie is good.
Old 05-02-2018, 18:38   #35
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well I and most people I spoke to about TLJ enjoyed it. People moaned that TFA was a rehash and almost the same as ANH. That when they made a film that was different everyone moaned that it wasn't the same lol.

I do hope this Solo movie is good.
It has every chance of being one of the best. A story of a rebel becoming a REBEL!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 18:41   #36
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post

That's because the original trilogy wasn't allowed to be released in China at the time, so they don't have the background/back story that the rest of the world has.

Re the marketing budget - nice try, but nobody spends a billion dollars on marketing...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 21:04   #37
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

This is not about TLJ, if you want to bitch about that, use its thread.

The trailer looks good to me, nothing in there to put me off going to see it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 21:24   #38
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

It's thread.
Old 05-02-2018, 22:16   #39
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
It's thread.
the egg is on your face Paul was right first time round. Its with the apostrophe means belonging to and in this context we are referring to the thread belonging to The Last Jedi and "its" thread. It's is an abbreviation of "it is" and we are not saying "it is thread".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
The trailer looks good to me, nothing in there to put me off going to see it.
I was enthusiastic this morning having watched the teaser of the teaser but now that I have seen Han Solo I am less so. He doesn't need to be Harrison Ford but in the few seconds they have shown us Han just doesn't feel right with the mannerisms and the way he talks. Yes this is a standalone film but you can't start from scratch and reinvent the character because he is based on something billions of people know. Everyone now and again actors come into new series/movies and play dumb thinking that they are offering a fresh perspective on something (Torri Higginson comes to mind with Stargate Atlantis, she knew sweet FA) but in this instance you would have thought that even if the studio didn't make you do it, as an actor you would want to sit down and watch the original trilogy over and over again so you could mimic Han Solo as much as possible in the way you talk, move your body, hold you gun and everything. I understand why they thought his acting was wooden.

I'll still go and see it because it is a sci-fi action but atm je ne suis pas impressed.
Old 06-02-2018, 22:08   #40
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Breaking: http://variety.com/2018/film/news/st...ss-1202689489/
Old 06-02-2018, 23:56   #41
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That would be better in the main Disney buys Star Wars thread.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:40   #42
General Maximus
Ran Away

I think it is fantastic news and a very clever move by Lucas Film. I they have been paid a small fortune for it. The sad thing is that I think it is going to create two different standards like the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy. I know you'll all you disagree with me but I can see the Rian Johnson trilogy being carp and the Weiss & Benioff trilogy being out of this world.
Old 27-03-2018, 17:49   #43
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

May the 24th in UK now
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:46   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

New trailer:

Old 09-04-2018, 12:15   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Can't wait as they say..