Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media prices are going up again...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Old 26-08-2017, 15:44   #91
Nero182
Inactive

Services: VM - VIP Package
Nero182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Phoned up and managed to get this deal which I didn't think was bad. I went through web chat for this...

Nero182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2017, 15:47   #92
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero182 View Post
Phoned up and managed to get this deal which I didn't think was bad. I went through web chat for this...

Does that exclude the rise in November?

From around next May you'll then be paying around £125 a month for that package
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 15:50   #93
Nero182
Inactive

Nope the agent said that my new package won't be affected with the price rise.

Yeah that's the only downside shame I couldn't get the discount for 12 months.
Old 26-08-2017, 16:02   #94
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

It was only a few weeks ago they were offering all that with 2 V6 boxes for £90/month for the 1st 12 months on a 12 month contract.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 16:16   #95
Nero182
Inactive

Ah maybe not as good then as I thought... I am getting 2 Boxes in this deal also.

Might have paid off if I had phoned up then.
Old 29-08-2017, 15:40   #96
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Still, no letter about a price rise I believe the deadline is September 30th for people to cancel if they wanted to? which means for 30 day's notice they have to have them out by Thursday

Maybe I'm not getting a rise... I wish
Old 29-08-2017, 16:49   #97
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Still, no letter about a price rise I believe the deadline is September 30th for people to cancel if they wanted to? which means for 30 day's notice they have to have them out by Thursday

Maybe I'm not getting a rise... I wish
Isn't the price rise in November, so 30 days prior is October?
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 16:54   #98
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
Starts hitting bills from October as billing is a month in advance
Old 29-08-2017, 17:01   #99
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I am paid up to January with my years subscription so should be ok till then
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 17:38   #100
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
From the T's&C's:
"If we and/or Virgin Media Payments increase our monthly charges under this agreement
you may cancel this agreement without penalty by giving us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice. The notice of termination must be given within 30 days of the increase in charges or changes to this agreement being notified to you. If you were not notified of these changes in advance, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges."
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 21:57   #101
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
From the T's&C's:
"If we and/or Virgin Media Payments increase our monthly charges under this agreement
you may cancel this agreement without penalty by giving us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice. The notice of termination must be given within 30 days of the increase in charges or changes to this agreement being notified to you.If you were not notified of these changes in advance, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges."
So what VM are saying is there's a chance they won't notify all customers, and if you don't notice it on your bill then tough titty? Is this a new addition to the T&C's, seems very suspect.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 23:48   #102
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That term has always been there, and Virgin Media will always send out some form of price change notification where it affects a customer to the registered contact details.

However there many factors that can mean that a customer doesn't see the notification. From people not reading what Virgin Media sent, to not ensuring Virgin Media have the correct email or contact postal address, to the postal service losing the post, or an email ending up in SPAM folder.

So it's a prompt to say that people should also check their bills and speak to Virgin Media if there is change they want to query.

Last edited by BenMcr; 29-08-2017 at 23:51.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 23:55   #103
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Here's a reference to it 5 years ago
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...05&postcount=3
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 15:40   #104
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Just received the price rise email this morning stating.

Quote:
Our prices are going up on 1st November But your bill won't change until your offer ends.
Quote:
As you're currently enjoying a special offer, these changes won't affect you right away. But when your offer ends, you'll start paying the full price for your package - and this will be going up by an extra £3.99 a month.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:48   #105
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I am paid up to January with my years subscription so should be ok till then

Probably not. You'll find money you've paid up-front (apart from telephone line rental) will run out a bit sooner so you'll likely get a bill earlier than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That term has always been there, and Virgin Media will always send out some form of price change notification where it affects a customer to the registered contact details.

However there many factors that can mean that a customer doesn't see the notification. From people not reading what Virgin Media sent, to not ensuring Virgin Media have the correct email or contact postal address, to the postal service losing the post, or an email ending up in SPAM folder.

So it's a prompt to say that people should also check their bills and speak to Virgin Media if there is change they want to query.
So, technically, customers have at least 60 days to cancel in these price rise circumstances since they should be notified at least 30 days before the first bill with a price rise included in it and then have another 30/31 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just received the price rise email this morning stating.
Cancel Now!!!

They're trying to trick you!

I'm just kidding, but they are..

Last edited by bubblegun; 08-09-2017 at 06:55.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote