Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

Old 25-11-2020, 00:30   #121
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat custome

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This will probably do more good than a petition:

https://www.coronavirus-business-com...9Yt8ggPnizkeUA
An absolute waste of public resource that will not further your petty vendetta.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2020, 01:33   #122
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat custome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
An absolute waste of public resource that will not further your petty vendetta.
Tell the Government, not me. There is no vendetta of any kind by myself; all my issues have now been resolved to my complete satisfaction, but I am aware that there are many, many dissatisfied customers out there who are at their wits end because of the serious deterioration of the customer service provided by Virgin Media.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 03:25   #123
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
There is no vendetta of any kind by myself;
I'm sure you believe that, just no one else does.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 05:34   #124
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm sure you believe that, just no one else does.
I have no reason to have any kind of 'vedetta', I am merely highlighting the current problems with their service and trying to signpost people to places that might be able to help others with their issues. After all, isn't this why the original incarnation of this site (NTHellworld) was created?
Old 25-11-2020, 06:44   #125
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
I have no reason to have any kind of 'vedetta', I am merely highlighting the current problems with their service and trying to signpost people to places that might be able to help others with their issues. After all, isn't this why the original incarnation of this site (NTHellworld) was created?
Why would the CMA help? Telecommunications has an existing regulator, OFCOM. Your spurious complaints aren’t Covid related, indeed in the OP you describe ongoing issues for over 12 months.

The CMA are interested in genuinely vulnerable people being price gouged in unregulated markets because of unexpected Covid-19 factors.
Old 25-11-2020, 20:27   #126
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Tell the Government, not me. There is no vendetta of any kind by myself; all my issues have now been resolved to my complete satisfaction, but I am aware that there are many, many dissatisfied customers out there who are at their wits end because of the serious deterioration of the customer service provided by Virgin Media.
Anyone who is supposedly that aware of the many many dissatisfied customers and the serious deterioration in their customer service would be pretty silly staying with VM all this time, eh Richard.

Wouldn't you agree?
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 21:35   #127
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP View Post
Anyone who is supposedly that aware of the many many dissatisfied customers and the serious deterioration in their customer service would be pretty silly staying with VM all this time, eh Richard.

Wouldn't you agree?
No while he's getting the discounts.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 21:57   #128
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

I’ve had a few annoyances with VM but on the whole I’d rate them highly (been with them since NTL days bar a few years in a non service area). I find the way you approach people makes a big difference - never forget the person on the end of the phone in the call centre is human too. A bit of negotiation/charm sometimes makes a difference!
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 23:22   #129
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
No while he's getting the discounts.
Assuming any of that’s true.....🤔
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 23:29   #130
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP View Post

Wouldn't you agree?
Well, Virgin Media lost 63,800 television subscribers in the third quarter of 2020. This was their eighth consecutive quarterly loss. The various sites where people are complaining about them show that many intend to cancel ASAP, so unless they get their act together, I can only see a continuation of this downward trend.

They only have themselves to blame. I wonder if the merger with O2 will lead to an improvement. Does anyone know what their record on customer service is like?

Some of the trolls appear to resent me for any discounts etc that I may get, whilst others, including you, have cast doubt on this speculation. I really wish you'd all sing from the same hymn sheet. For the record, I have never stated how much I pay to VM, not that any of this is relevant to the discussion.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 25-11-2020 at 23:37.
Old 25-11-2020, 23:35   #131
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

I bet they would pay you to leave if they had that option lol
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 23:40   #132
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post
I bet they would pay you to leave if they had that option lol
And why would a commercial business want to do that? A business is under no obligation to supply goods and services to anyone, unless it is in some way connected to discrimination of the protected groups.
Old 25-11-2020, 23:59   #133
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
And why would a commercial business want to do that? A business is under no obligation to supply goods and services to anyone, unless it is in some way connected to discrimination of the protected groups.
Presumably the reputational damage you attempt to inflict on them. The time, money and effort they have to spend to deal with your spurious complaints, dealing with OFCOM...

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Quote:
Well, Virgin Media lost 63,800 television subscribers in the third quarter of 2020. This was their eighth consecutive quarterly loss. The various sites where people are complaining about them show that many intend to cancel ASAP, so unless they get their act together, I can only see a continuation of this downward trend.

They only have themselves to blame. I wonder if the merger with O2 will lead to an improvement. Does anyone know what their record on customer service is like?

Some of the trolls appear to resent me for any discounts etc that I may get, whilst others, including you, have cast doubt on this speculation. I really wish you'd all sing from the same hymn sheet. For the record, I have never stated how much I pay to VM, not that any of this is relevant to the discussion.
Not to go all Old Boy here but there's challenges facing all of the incumbents from increased competition.
Old 26-11-2020, 03:37   #134
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Subscription tv is declining anyway as more services arrive aka Netflix, Britbox Nowtv more and more people want the flexibility of no contracts, nothing to do with VMs poor customer service.
Infact the only subscription tv company who has seen growth is SKY (that'll ruffle a few feathers) but they are already one step ahead of vm,bt etc with Nowtv already in play.
No OB linear isn't going anywhere.
Old 26-11-2020, 10:00   #135
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post

No OB linear isn't going anywhere.
If you say so, LK!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote