Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

Old 11-05-2018, 10:51   #1231
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
It doesn't sound like the show itself will end though as the article says Syfy only had "first-run linear rights in the US". I'd be surprised if Netflix doesn't gobble that up.
I can understand why SyFy would pass with that restriction. Even a couple of years down the line, streaming is now key to a lot of TV.

At least that would mean everyone will get it at the same time. Can't work out why it turns up so late on Netflix outside the US, when Discovery ended up pretty much aligned to the US schedule.
Old 11-05-2018, 14:58   #1232
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Strange that SyFy didnt just ask to update their deal rather than pass on it completely.

Unlike Dark Matter, I'm more hopeful someone else will pick this up, since Alcon completely finance it, and just sell it on.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Blindspot has also been renewed by NBC.
How this continues to survive baffles me.

I gave up on it a few episodes into season 2, its viewing figures are down 40% this year.

(Still, I suppose that gives hope for Timeless, also down 40%).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 21:34   #1233
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Personally, I never could get into the expanse. It wasn’t bad as such, I just found it extremely forgettable. In fact I watched season 1, forgot I'd watched it and watched it again. I only know I watched it the first time because I read a comment I made online about watching it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 21:59   #1234
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Last Man Standing Season 7 has been picked up by Fox, after it was cancelled by ABC.

Old 11-05-2018, 22:17   #1235
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Lucifer has been cancelled now too. Can't say i'm surprised though as for all the promise it had it ended up just being crime of the week and Lucifer trying to figure his feelings about Chloe. Got boring a while ago.

Edit - and The Exorcist. Damn, I liked that one.

Last edited by Kabaal; 11-05-2018 at 22:34.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:10   #1236
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Designated Survivor, Quantico & Alex Inc have all been cancelled by ABC.

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Magnum P.I. has been officially ordered as a rebooted series by CBS.

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Lucifer has been cancelled now too.
This is somewhat disappointing.

I do agree up to a point though, he didnt really use his powers much and after 3 seasons the whole Chloe "still in the dark" was becoming a little tedious.

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
That just leaves iZombie, which is now very likely to be renewed as they need more programming due to their expansion into the weekend.
CW has now renewed iZombie for Season 5

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

The Roswell & Charmed reboots have both been confirmed by CW.

They have also apparently ordered the Originals Spinoff (Legacies) but not gone forward with the Supernatural spinoff Wayward Sisters.

---------- Post added 12-05-2018 at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was 11-05-2018 at 23:45 ----------

Deception and The Crossing have also been cancelled by ABC.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:12   #1237
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Unsure if posted but Inhumans got its official cancellation.

Its looking increasingly likely that Agents of Shield is ending this season. The writers did say they created this seasons final episode as a series finale if necessary. Be a shame too because it's only gotten better over time.

Arrow is having a last throw of the dice too by the looks of it, new showrunner for next season, it had built up a decent line of episodes until the latest in which it undoes all that work in 45 minutes. A poor start to the next season should probably see it cancelled. Not the worst thing though with a shared universe, Oliver Queen can pretty much show up in Legends and Flash whenever to continue his character. The prime show however has just turned into crap. Had an excellent two seasons and a half decent third.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:47   #1238
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Fox has cancelled Brooklyn Nine-Nine
It has been "uncancelled" for what it's worth

Quote:
Designated Survivor and The Crossing have also been cancelled.
they should uncancel these
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:33   #1239
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

The crossing already? While it hasn't been amazing it's barely got going so i was willing see where it went.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:51   #1240
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Me too. I think some networks are going to learn the lesson too late when it comes to scifi.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:32   #1241
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Thats epic news! Funniest show at the moment.
Old 12-05-2018, 15:59   #1242
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Well, not by Fox, NBC have picked it up instead.

I'm still hoping someone does this for the Expanse as well.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Unsure if posted but Inhumans got its official cancellation.

Its looking increasingly likely that Agents of Shield is ending this season. The writers did say they created this seasons final episode as a series finale if necessary. Be a shame too because it's only gotten better over time.

Arrow is having a last throw of the dice too by the looks of it
Inhumans was dead long ago, even if the official nail only hit a few hours ago.

SHIELD is an odd one, ABC have announced a long string of cancellations, yet they have not included it among them. I suspect things are still being discussed between them and Disney (who reportedly ordered the current season). With Inhumans being dead, this is their only MCU based TV series.

Arrow - I'm not suprised they renewed it, but its definitely not as good as the early seasons. Its bottom of my list when I rank the four "Arrowverse" series.

Old 12-05-2018, 16:53   #1243
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/t...-sitcom-going/

They are in discussion for season 13 of Big Bang Theory. It has already been renewed for season 12 and they are now looking beyond that. I assumed it was because Young Sheldon wasn't doing as well as they had hoped (I don't watch it) but the viewing figures for both series are rock solid at 14 million and 13 respectively, taking the No1 and 2 spots for CBS in the US, and Big Bang is only showing a 0.5% decrease in Year on Year viewers so it is still going well. I can't wait to see the news on the pay rises the cast get to keep them in it.
Deleted scene from the season finale, where Amy and Sheldon get married.

They got permission from Hawking’s family to do this, as he had appeared in the show a number of times.

I’m not crying, you’re crying...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 04:56   #1244
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

If they got permission then why was it deleted

---------- Post added at 03:26 ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 ----------

In the meantime ;

CBS has cancelled Kevin Can Wait.

On the flip side, they have renewed Elementary for season 7.

Not bad for a show that looked to be doomed a year ago.

---------- Post added at 03:56 ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 ----------

Blacklist has been renewed for Season 6 by NBC.

Old 13-05-2018, 10:14   #1245
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

According to the Instagram accounts of 2 of its stars, Scorpion has been cancelled by CBS after 4 seasons. Shame, I liked the show and will miss it.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote