Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Telewest on PC

Old 31-01-2007, 23:08   #1
da_vone
Inactive

da_vone is on a distinguished roadda_vone is on a distinguished road
Telewest on PC

i everyone. i have a question regarding telewest and my pc.

ive had telewest for about a year or so. but most excitingly i have brought a new wizz bang all singing dancing top notch PC. so your thinking well whats that got to do with telewest.

Well my question is can i watch my telewest channels on my PC via an internal TV card (Asus My Cinema-P7131 Hybrid). so what i an saying is that can the actual telewest cable (i think its referd to as coax cable) be pluged into the connection at the back of my PC or do i need to do something else like get adapters or something.

I would appreciate if anyone can respond to my query. Have a great night all

with kind regards

da
da_vone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2007, 23:15   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Telewest on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_vone View Post
i everyone. i have a question regarding telewest and my pc.

ive had telewest for about a year or so. but most excitingly i have brought a new wizz bang all singing dancing top notch PC. so your thinking well whats that got to do with telewest.

Well my question is can i watch my telewest channels on my PC via an internal TV card (Asus My Cinema-P7131 Hybrid). so what i an saying is that can the actual telewest cable (i think its referd to as coax cable) be pluged into the connection at the back of my PC or do i need to do something else like get adapters or something.

I would appreciate if anyone can respond to my query. Have a great night all

with kind regards

da

Nope, sorry.

The only way to receive the Telewest digital cable channels is via a Telewest Set Top Box.

If you connected the Telewest cable to the TV card's input, you might get the analogue terrestrial channels (1-5) & maybe Sky/BBC news - but that's it, at the most - no Sky 1, no BBC3, etc. etc.

Why not run an aerial lead from your STB's RF output to the PC's TV card? That should carry whatever channel the STB happens to be tuned into to the PC. Better than nothing.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 23:25   #3
da_vone
Inactive

da_vone is on a distinguished roadda_vone is on a distinguished road

wow thank you so much for a very prompt message Matt.

i didnt think of that idea i shall try your suggestion. however i think this might mean that i need to make "holes in the wall" as my STB in down stairs and my PC is upstairs. is there a way i can avoid making the holes in the wall?

regards

da
da_vone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 23:50   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

You could get a pair of "video sender" things.

One would connect to the STB, & wirelessly transmit the output to a 2nd unit connected to the PC's TV card.

You can get ones with RF in/out, & also I think SCART in/out.

Not sure how much they cost, but I've seen e.g. "DigiSenders" in Maplin. Various makes, features, etc.

---------- Post added at 23:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

Also, some can relay remote control signals (although not all can relay ntl/TW remote signals), so it may be possible (if it supports it), to point your remote at the sender thing by the PC upstairs, to change the channel on the STB downstairs.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote