Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vote for your sports personality of the year

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Vote for your sports personality of the year
View Poll Results: Please vote
Paula Radcliffe 3 18.75%
Jonny Wilkinson 8 50.00%
David Beckham 1 6.25%
Martin Johnson 1 6.25%
Dwain Chambers 0 0%
Michael Vaughan 0 0%
Wayne Rooney 1 6.25%
Michael Owen 1 6.25%
Lennox Lewis 0 0%
Someone Else "please State in the thread" 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-11-2003, 23:24   #1
yesman

Vote for your sports personality of the year

On a day when maybe some of you are completely taken in by the days events, take some time out to vote for the person who you think will take this years accolade of "Sports Personality of the Year"
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2003, 23:29   #2
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Re: Vote for your sports personality of the year

'Wilko's gotta have it He's finally brought a world cup to England.

If David Beckham can get a OBE, Wilko should be knighted.
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2003, 23:35   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

LOL, at least four of those people listed I have never even heard of ....

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2003, 23:51   #4
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

wilko... about time there was an englishman who was not only good at a sport, but managed to help an english team actually win something of 'importance', if I may call it that.

well done england... about bloody time, considering you invented the game back in 1823*!!!

*disclaimer - this date was retrieved from an online source regarding the origins of the contemporary game of rugby. this is by no means my opinion on anything in the world at all, it is merely a date that someone else put on the net as a rough guide to when William Webb Ellis decided to cheat at football coz his team were probably rubbish and were losing at the time. if it is wrong, live with it.

might i also add - i have no interest whatsoever if this is incorrect. you may post corrections all you like, but i still do not give a flying monkeys poo poo.
Old 23-11-2003, 12:37   #5
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

did I kill this thread????
Old 23-11-2003, 13:53   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

looks that way ......

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 14:00   #7
homealone

voted for Paula Radcliffe, because she has showed incredible determination to succeed in a very difficult discipline and is such a good ambassador for athletics, as a whole.
Old 23-11-2003, 14:00   #8
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14

I say that after yesterday there is only one who should win it: Jonny Wilkinson
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 14:21   #9
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NTL
'Wilko's gotta have it He's finally brought a world cup to England.

If David Beckham can get a OBE, Wilko should be knighted.
Should that have been "If David Beckham can get a OBE, we should ALL be knighted"? Just don't ask him what OBE stands for
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 14:34   #10
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

i also voted wilko, i think he is a great sportsman .......although can i just say i think you ought to have had two categories one for sportsman and one for sportswomen because i wanted to vote for paula also
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 20:50   #11
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
i also voted wilko, i think he is a great sportsman .......although can i just say i think you ought to have had two categories one for sportsman and one for sportswomen because i wanted to vote for paula also
Oh !!!!!!!
Old 23-11-2003, 20:54   #12
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Oh !!!!!!!
prolly just me being indecisive as always :p
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 20:55   #13
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

i find doing a vote is pointless wilkinson is going to get it no doubt there
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 20:56   #14
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Emille Heskey for services to falling down uncontrollably in football?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 21:04   #15
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Its abit of a foregone conclusion this year I would bet I voted for someone else, as as a Scot I don't really feel Johhny was a sporting personality for me personally. Not sure exactly who I'd vote for though, someone thats done something for Scotland AND was an interesting personality.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote