Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MERGED: England v Uruguay Sunday 2nd November

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

MERGED: England v Uruguay Sunday 2nd November

Old 02-11-2003, 10:22   #1
Gogogo

MERGED: England v Uruguay Sunday 2nd November

Rugby World Cup 2003, another big day for the English rugby team, they have defeated Uruguay, a cricket score: 111 - 13, the lessons of the Samoan game have been learned. Good gameplan, good teamwork, but some errors in play, but then it became some practice for the reserves. Next the Wales v New Zealand game, this will be interesting.

Saw the France v USA game Friday, France 41 and USA 14. The USA team have done very well, they have played very good rugby in this competition. The Australian v Ireland game yesterday was good, Wallabies may not be such a threat to England even with the advantage of being on home ground, the Irish team played a good game, the result 17 - 16: a disappointment as they were very close to winning.

Advertisement
Old 02-11-2003, 10:45   #2
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
Re: England v Uruguay Sunday 2nd November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogogo
Rugby World Cup 2003, another big day for the English rugby team, they have defeated Uruguay, a cricket score: 111 - 13, the lessons of the Samoan game have been learned. Good gameplan, good teamwork, but some errors in play, but then it became some practice for the reserves. Next the Wales v New Zealand game, this will be interesting.

Saw the France v USA game Friday, France 41 and USA 14. The USA team have done very well, they have played very good rugby in this competition. The Australian v Ireland game yesterday was good, Wallabies may not be such a threat to England even with the advantage of being on home ground, the Irish team played a good game, the result 17 - 16: a disappointment as they were very close to winning.

Cometh the hour cometh the Welsh men.

Lets hope its not a cricket score for New Zealand.

Right its kicking off now for those interested.

Cmon the Welsh.

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:16   #3
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

As much as I love my country, I will hand over my mod status to whoever wants it if we manage to beat NZ

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:40   #4
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

They doing impressively well at the moment Mr Russell
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:54   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:56   #6
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road
Talking Wales are winning??!!

Ummm...just tuned on the telly to see wales beating NZ 34 to 33

Must have been my imagination then, thinking id heard EVERY commentator talking about the upcomming match, saying wales were gonna get utterly trashed ??

Ooggy Ooggy Ooggy!!!
Mark W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:05   #7
homealone

Re: Wales are winning??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark W
Ummm...just tuned on the telly to see wales beating NZ 34 to 33

Must have been my imagination then, thinking id heard EVERY commentator talking about the upcomming match, saying wales were gonna get utterly trashed ??

Ooggy Ooggy Ooggy!!!
37 to 33 now - 20 minutes to go - come on Wales!

<edit> damn NZ just scored but missed the conversion - 37 to 38.

<edit> that was so much a forward pass - 37 to 43 Wales need a converted try - 10 minutes to go ....
Old 02-11-2003, 12:39   #8
Gogogo

Re: MERGED: England v Uruguay Sunday 2nd November

Wales game with New Zealand, terrific, marvellous game and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. All Blacks They played very well, clearly, started the game on top, but seemed to lose momentum near the end of the first half. The Welsh team on the hand went from strength to strength played magnificently. Those rucks and mauls were really heavy going. One of those games where the losing side deserved to win. 53 - 37. So England v Wales next.

Old 02-11-2003, 12:54   #9
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
As much as I love my country, I will hand over my mod status to whoever wants it if we manage to beat NZ

Well that was a close one there.

I bet at times you were fearing for your Mod Status there then Russ.

Ah if only we had our First 15 out

Ah well stroll on next week we should have our first 15 out and bring on the English.

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:58   #10
homealone

Re: MERGED: England v Uruguay Sunday 2nd November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogogo
Wales game with New Zealand, terrific, marvellous game and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. All Blacks They played very well, clearly, started the game on top, but seemed to lose momentum near the end of the first half. The Welsh team on the hand went from strength to strength played magnificently. Those rucks and mauls were really heavy going. One of those games where the losing side deserved to win. 53 - 37. So England v Wales next.

The controversial try 10 minutes from the end was the pivotal moment, for me. If that had not been awarded the outcome may have been different?

But well played Wales - such spirit, they may have lost, but they weren't beaten & should look back on their performance with much pride.