Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problems setting up roaming on daughters phone!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problems setting up roaming on daughters phone!

Old 12-08-2009, 19:37   #1
jojosmiff
Inactive

jojosmiff is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems setting up roaming on daughters phone!

My daughter is in Majorca with her friend and friends family, however although roaming is turned on, she cannot get her phone (Samsung Tocco) to pick up a network! Any ideas whether she needs to change settings etc? Thank you.
jojosmiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2009, 19:48   #2
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude
Re: Problems setting up roaming on daughters phone!

Hi and welcome, you say roaming is turned on, was that via virgin mobile ? has she turned the phone off and then back on? Has she received a welcome to Spain text or similar and what is it reading where the operator logo should be ?
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 20:05   #3
jojosmiff
Inactive

Hi, yes I got roaming enabled with Virgin yesterday (she use to be PAYG but I switched to contract so didn't realise it wasn't automatically carried over!) She switched it off and on, but she hasn't had any texts at all from a network. I don't know what the screen is showing because she is out there now and I can only contact her at certain points in the day.
I know I should have sorted this earlier, but I honestly assumed because she kept her original Virgin number and just went onto contract we wouldn't have a problem!!!! How stupid can you be eh?
Old 12-08-2009, 20:15   #4
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars

Maybe a call ( if you haven't already ) to Virgin will shed some light, hope you get it sorted.
Old 12-08-2009, 20:33   #5
jojosmiff
Inactive

That's my next option now!

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.
Old 12-08-2009, 21:26   #6
bopdude
Inactive

Welcome, others might have more to say and ideas
Old 13-08-2009, 07:17   #7
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

also it might be worth checking in the phone settings that it is set to auto network allocation, if not it won't pick up another network
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 18:25   #8
jojosmiff
Inactive

I'll ask her to try that when she calls me next!!!
Thank you for being so helpful.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Just wanted to say, she phoned and I told her to check the settings on the phone, I have just had a text from her, so its worked. Thank you to both of you, it is very much appreciated!
Old 13-08-2009, 18:33   #9
bopdude
Inactive

Very pleased we could have tried to help, if it was our help that did it

Don't be a stranger now, we have all sorts of topics in the basement
Old 15-08-2009, 13:31   #10
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Glad to be a help to you
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote