Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do you find this music video offensive?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

Do you find this music video offensive?

Old 14-06-2010, 02:11   #1
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
Do you find this music video offensive?

Lady Gaga - Alejandro

I for one don't find this offensive, maybe because i'm not highly religious.

Quote:
The singer seems to have invited the wrath of Catholic Church as she is seen swallowing rosary beads while getting close with her lover in bed and experimenting with intimacy.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...gaga-alejandro

Do you find it offensive?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA

Piece of art in my eyes .
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2010, 07:41   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Do you find this music video offensive?

Well it is rather risible and I had to stifle my laughing at this hour of the morning before I woke up any neighbours.

I can see that the S&M red nun outfit, the rosary bit and the inverted cross might upset the Vatican and Catholics in general.I thought the simulated sex scenes were silly and just thrown in to shock..But it isn't much worse than Madonna's previous efforts to upset Catholics.

To be totally honest the song is brilliant enough and doesn't need this very funny attempt to shock.

It's certainly cheered me up at this hour on a Monday morning.
Old 14-06-2010, 09:12   #3
zing_deleted

I do not. The thing is the press seem to be out to get Gaga they did the same thing with Telephone which was a lot sexier.

One thing that does come out in this video is how unattractive she is without loads of face makeup on. I always thought she was quite good looking even though the press said she was fugly. Mind you with a body as fit as hers I wouldnt say no anyway lol
Old 14-06-2010, 09:15   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

She's just copying a certain Madonna video in trying to use shock tactics aimed at the catholic religion
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 09:25   #5
zing_deleted

Do you mean Like A Prayer? because I can not see any resemblance at all between the 2 videos? They are totally different and totally different styles of song

Madonna did wear pointed Bra in a lot of her live shows but ive never seen her wear one with M60's pointing out the front
Old 14-06-2010, 09:28   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Try rereading my post and note that I said it's the same because she's trying to use "religious shock tactics"
Old 14-06-2010, 09:33   #7
zing_deleted

nah I still disagree I do not think she is copying anything in anyway. Gaga has her own style and does not need to copy anyone elses style.

Perhaps she just decided that was the way to go with the video I doubt Madonna has anything to do with it.

Unless of course you are prepared to say any artist that are just singing without anything else are copying Queen . Just because an artist uses a certain subject thats been used before does not mean they are copying any and all previous users of said subject ..
Old 14-06-2010, 09:42   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Nope, just said one comment about comparing one madonna video to another which both use religion as symbols of shock, nothing more and nothing else. If you truly believe that there's an anything else to be said about my thoughts (amazing what people infere from just a few words...PMSL) then please go ahead with your limited viewpoint on the matter.
Old 14-06-2010, 09:51   #9
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

No wonder the kids today are the way they are with videos like these on the tele!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 09:55   #10
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
No wonder the kids today are the way they are with videos like these on the tele!
I don't think the vids are totally to blame, just a small part of the culture that shapes our children.. Probably why I decided never to have any
Old 14-06-2010, 10:04   #11
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Nope, just said one comment about comparing one madonna video to another which both use religion as symbols of shock, nothing more and nothing else. If you truly believe that there's an anything else to be said about my thoughts (amazing what people infere from just a few words...PMSL) then please go ahead with your limited viewpoint on the matter.
look kymmy I was going totally on what you said. You backtrack all the time. You didnt say comparing you said and using your words "she's just copying" you said it there clear in type kymmy so I am not infering anything just going on what you said.
Old 14-06-2010, 10:25   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
nah I still disagree I do not think she is copying anything in anyway. Gaga has her own style and does not need to copy anyone elses style.

Perhaps she just decided that was the way to go with the video I doubt Madonna has anything to do with it.

Unless of course you are prepared to say any artist that are just singing without anything else are copying Queen . Just because an artist uses a certain subject thats been used before does not mean they are copying any and all previous users of said subject ..
Sorry zing I can see Kymmy's point..They are not exactly alike BUT they are similar in trying to use similar shock tactics against the Catholic church.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Anyway I think it too funny for words..I can't wait to see the send ups on YouTube..[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 14-06-2010, 10:29   #13
Tony.
Inactive

Services: Triple XL (Phone,BB & TV) Samsung V+HD(30 meg Superhub)
Tony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud of

No not offensive at all.
If the idea was to upset the Catholics then Madonna's video was much better at it.
Considering the sexualisation of our children that has already happened perhaps this video should carry a 15 rating.
Tony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 10:35   #14
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

whats more to the point is how did that chap get his hands on Derek S's riot helmet
Old 14-06-2010, 11:06   #15
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Sorry zing I can see Kymmy's point..They are not exactly alike BUT they are similar in trying to use similar shock tactics against the Catholic church.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Anyway I think it too funny for words..I can't wait to see the send ups on YouTube..

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

What is it with you zing?Can't people disagree with you without you regarding them as an enemy..
kymmy said "copied"

Last time I looked similar does not mean copied or does it maggy? your the teacher just because something is similar does it mean its copied? Does the fact both Madonna and Gaga use religion in totally different videos mean Gaga copied Madonna? I do not think so.

I do not think its "copied" the only resemblance is the fact it uses catholic religion