Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media IPTV - Stream Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media IPTV - Stream Changelog

Old 27-07-2022, 13:44   #31
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Virgin Media IPTV - Stream Changelog

Why would you even want or need Stream if you already have the Virgin Media cabled tv service?
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2022, 14:01   #32
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It's just badly worded. You can't have both cable TV and Stream at the same time.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 14:02   #33
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Why would you even want or need Stream if you already have the Virgin Media cabled tv service?
Because it's cheaper than a second STB

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It's just badly worded. You can't have both cable TV and Stream at the same time.
VERY badly worded then.
Old 27-07-2022, 14:23   #34
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

And with fewer channels and unable to watch your recordings. Great.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 14:53   #35
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I take it that the VM stream box is like the Sky stream box and doesn't offer any recording facilties at all!?

And the available catchup option does not cover all 100% of programmes on the main channels.

Quote:
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 15:49   #36
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It depends what you are looking for, I guess. I wouldn’t go for Stream because:

1. My wife does not like having to work out where to go to see the programmes she wants to see and prefers to simply access programmes I add to her watchlist. For that to happen, I need to be able to record or bookmark programmes for her on the Virgin box, so she can access everything from that one central watchlist, from which she can go to content from TV channels and streamers. Unfortunately, Netflix isn’t one of them as they have elected not to go for any more integration - a decision I hope they will reverse soon.

2. If we went for stream, as I understand it, we couldn’t record but we could bookmark on the system. However, I don’t think it has profiles like the 360 does, and I’m not sure if the watchlist can be compiled using the other streamers on the system. But it would anyway be a retrograde step because although it does have Disney+, it doesn’t have Discovery+, and some of my wife’s favourite programmes are on there. Due to the reduced number of TV channels, she couldn’t watch these programmes on demand either.

3. If I was only catering for myself, it still wouldn’t be good enough because there are too few streamers on there, and as I said, I like to have one watchlist for as many TV channels and streamers as possible. The closest I can get to that is with my 360 box.

I am still waiting for a company to see the importance of getting to the point of embracing all the streamers with the ability of the box provided to be able to bring all the content together in a central watchlist. I have no idea whether that will ever happen, and in the meantime the user has to negotiate all the various interfaces, which is unsatisfactory.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I take it that the VM stream box is like the Sky stream box and doesn't offer any recording facilties at all!?

And the available catchup option does not cover all 100% of programmes on the main channels.
I think you can bookmark most content from all the channels (they describe it as ‘recording to the cloud’, I believe, but it is the same thing).

I think most of the catch up content is on the various players as well, but others may be able to clarify that.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

I believe the closest we have to a universal watchlist currently is Plex.
Old 27-07-2022, 16:06   #37
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Good Changelog this.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:52   #38
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

anyone else getting bt sport free on virgin stream box
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 14:45   #39
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
anyone else getting bt sport free on virgin stream box
Not here certainly, log into your account to see if you have accidentally added it.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote