Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 24-07-2015, 19:45   #10126
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Well my mum is still in hospital and Nil By Mouth (11 days )

They want the Pancreas & Bowel surgery to heal fully, and apparently the pancreas cannot tell the difference between water and food so would release it chemicals that could harm what surgery has been done.

She has been feed via TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) which is done via the veins so the nourishment goes directly to the body bypassing the stomach.

No date yet on when she can start to drink or eat.

The hardest thing was my mum being in hospital for her 49th wedding anniversary.

Travel to and from hospital is a killer 3 hour round trip, but thanks to an Oyster card its not to bad £3.10 each way.
Old 24-07-2015, 19:53   #10127
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

My prayers and wishes are with your Mum Hom3r.
Old 24-07-2015, 20:03   #10128
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I know that not being home for her Anniversary must have been extremely difficult for both your Mum & Dad, but just focus on the big celebration next year that your family will have for your Mum & Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Best wishes to your Mum for a speedy recovery.
Old 24-07-2015, 20:20   #10129
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks

next year my sister and I are going to do a double party their 50th wedding anniversary, and Mums 70th.
Old 24-07-2015, 20:36   #10130
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Now that will be some celebration Hom3r and I look forward to hearing all about next year.
Old 24-07-2015, 23:01   #10131
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Bought a manual at work for a Exciter & Vibrator.

Get the mind out of the gutter its a component from the ignition coil, for the "Sally B", the manual is dated circa 1943
Old 25-07-2015, 06:35   #10132
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

As some of us went Sunday school when we were younger our minds would not think like that.
Old 26-07-2015, 14:36   #10133
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

So it's been more than six months since my heart attack / op and at the time the consultants / dr's all said that if I did nothing or waited I wouldn't still be here after that length of time.
So now every day is definitely a bonus
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 14:41   #10134
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Just cherish your life dilli with Natalie and your family as life is certainly very precious as one never knows what is around the corner.
Old 26-07-2015, 16:41   #10135
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I'm so glad you proved them wrong dilli, you have an fantastic outlook on life and always find that silver lining with your positive outlook. I wish you and Natalie many happy memories, I also wish their were more like you dilli a true gentleman you are.
Take care.
Old 26-07-2015, 17:30   #10136
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I'm so glad you proved them wrong dilli, you have an fantastic outlook on life and always find that silver lining with your positive outlook. I wish you and Natalie many happy memories, I also wish their were more like you dilli a true gentleman you are.
Take care.
I couldn't have put it better.

So +1 from me.
Old 26-07-2015, 17:39   #10137
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I'm so glad you're still with us Dilli and hope a transplant can be set up soon. Your positive attitude is inspirational.
Old 27-07-2015, 10:02   #10138
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
So it's been more than six months since my heart attack / op and at the time the consultants / dr's all said that if I did nothing or waited I wouldn't still be here after that length of time.
So now every day is definitely a bonus
That's the way Dilli. Keep on proving them wrong!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 14:35   #10139
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Just had a nice fat (£10K+) purchase order come in for something I quoted for a while ago. Work for the next 3-4 months with stage payments. Good as a real job.
Old 29-07-2015, 17:53   #10140
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Another day of heart tests and luckily the found it in there still swishing away
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote