Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New TV Apps from December 7th

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New TV Apps from December 7th

Old 02-12-2017, 16:56   #16
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: New TV Apps from December 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Can you explain why it is so difficult for you?
How does splitting the app disadvantage you?
I never said it was difficult. I just don't see the need to have 4 apps to gain access to all the features they offer. It's the same with Sony and the PlayStation app were they removed the messaging from the main app and made a dedicated app for it.

If there is some benefit of splitting the apps, at least tell us when they are making the change.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2017, 14:05   #17
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Surprised it took that long TBH, when I originally beta tested the app way back it had 3/4G streaming. But was then removed for public launch.
I agree, so long overdue but they've caught up finally. I wonder what reasons they had to ditch it the first time around. Perhaps they didn't want their mobile customers complaining of using their data plans up 'without realising it'

The two registered device limit still annoys me, I prefer the Amazon/Netflix approach of max 2 devices being used at the same time (or however many devices you pay for in the case of Netflix)

Oh well, you can't win them all, looking forward to trying the new apps when released though
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 14:51   #18
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I agree, so long overdue but they've caught up finally. I wonder what reasons they had to ditch it the first time around. Perhaps they didn't want their mobile customers complaining of using their data plans up 'without realising it'

The two registered device limit still annoys me, I prefer the Amazon/Netflix approach of max 2 devices being used at the same time (or however many devices you pay for in the case of Netflix)

Oh well, you can't win them all, looking forward to trying the new apps when released though
Sky have that same annoying policy with Skygo too only 2 registered devices 1 change a month unless you upgrade to skygo extra then it's 4 devices but still one change a month.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 15:36   #19
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I can't understand why people find it so shocking if I'm honest.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 17:50   #20
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I can't understand why people find it so shocking if I'm honest.
I appreciate the reasons behind the limit but I find the 2 devices at any one time approach more logical.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 17:57   #21
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The reason for the limits probably stem from the ease with which others could "borrow" the login details. If it was just tied to your VM BB connection, it would be easy to allow more devices.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 21:34   #22
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

What happens then the apps change? Do we get all two "asset changes" back? I've got my mums ipad sorted and my iphone currently as the two devices.

If we just get the "1 a month" changes and its still just 1 change this month it means i'll need to get my mums ipad sorted first and then wait next month to do my phone?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:04   #23
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

TV Go and TV Control are available on Android now.

TV Control is available on iOS, and TV Go is here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/virg...o/id1279877804 (for some reason doesn't show up in the App Store properly yet)

An app for Windows 10 will be available later today

TV Control for Amazon devices will be available later today.

Browser support is available for IE, Edge and Safari. Chrome and Firefox support should be available next week.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:48   #24
MichaelScofield
cf.member

MichaelScofield is on a distinguished roadMichaelScofield is on a distinguished road

The new Virgin TV GO app is actually quite good. I love the new UI, it's simple and good looking but they really should have updated the UI for Virgin TV Control.
I also like the most watched channels feature.
And maybe the new UI could also be a hint at what a new TiVo UI would look like.
MichaelScofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 13:15   #25
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

...and don’t forget that you can choose which channels to display and their order.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 15:32   #26
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

Well I tried to use the old Tv anywhere this morning got a warning about new version. So when on the link and got to the app page and it wouldn’t let me download just had the open button which opened the old app. So I deleted the app. Found the TV go app and installed that. Eventually found the TV control app and installed it. Ran it and the old TV anywhere app opened. Uninstalled it tried again, same thing.
We should by now expect this sort of thing from Virgin. But we keep hoping thing work first time.

Actually i just had another look and was wondering if this was the TV control app has you can’t watch anything but you can set a recording. Maybe they’ve just removed the watching part of the old app.

Last edited by chrispy2000; 07-12-2017 at 15:40. Reason: Updated
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 16:10   #27
MichaelScofield
cf.member

MichaelScofield is on a distinguished roadMichaelScofield is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy2000 View Post
Well I tried to use the old Tv anywhere this morning got a warning about new version. So when on the link and got to the app page and it wouldn’t let me download just had the open button which opened the old app. So I deleted the app. Found the TV go app and installed that. Eventually found the TV control app and installed it. Ran it and the old TV anywhere app opened. Uninstalled it tried again, same thing.
We should by now expect this sort of thing from Virgin. But we keep hoping thing work first time.

Actually i just had another look and was wondering if this was the TV control app has you can’t watch anything but you can set a recording. Maybe they’ve just removed the watching part of the old app.
The TV Control app still looks the same as TV anywhere but it hasn't got live TV or on demand. It's mainly an app for use at home as you can stream and download from my shows still.
MichaelScofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 16:36   #28
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

New TV guide launched online

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv-guide.html
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 17:01   #29
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

So I can watch a show but I can't remote control because it can't find my Tivo box. Now I never had that issue with the old app.
Old 07-12-2017, 18:29   #30
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
So I can watch a show but I can't remote control because it can't find my Tivo box. Now I never had that issue with the old app.
The new app is working fine on my Samsung 7 and i can stream recordings from my V6 to my phone

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/

Last edited by Sirius; 07-12-2017 at 18:35.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote