Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 11-12-2017, 12:16   #4891
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
You offering weenie?? I hear you keep a very fine house up there...
LOL

This morning my GP said that she was going to arrange for me to have a upper GI endoscopy and she would be requesting sedation which I must say I'm glad that she is requesting sedation for me.

I have never had a upper GI scope but I would assume very little prep is needed for this, not like a colonoscopy in where you need to drink that awful laxative stuff called moviprep

I honestly think the moviprep was the worst part of the colonoscopy.

Last edited by weenie; 11-12-2017 at 12:20.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2017, 12:42   #4892
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
LOL

I honestly think the moviprep was the worst part of the colonoscopy.
I mixed mine with orange juice weenie, made it slightly more palatable
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:45   #4893
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
A excellent idea Tinky.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:50   #4894
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
What a great idea and tip Tinky and I will definitely do that next time as I have been informed that I will need this test done every so often.

If you don't mind me asking Tinky have you ever had a upper GI scope and if so what was it like?
Old 11-12-2017, 13:06   #4895
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What a great idea and tip Tinky and I will definitely do that next time as I have been informed that I will need this test done every so often.

If you don't mind me asking Tinky have you ever had a upper GI scope and if so what was it like?
I've had one - without sedation and it wasn't that bad to be honest. It was a few years ago now but from memory I'm pretty sure it was 12 hours or so fasting before hand. I chose to have the industrial strength Vicks Chloraseptic throat spray as I had to be somewhere later that day and couldn't be groggy after the sedation.

The only negative thing was I had a bit of a sore throat for a day or two (have had worse when full of cold) and when they took the biopsy was a strange feeling (but if they do a biopsy and you're snoozing you'll not notice).

And one last thing - I'm a typical wimpy bloke so if I can do it you'll have no problem!!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 13:16   #4896
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Thank you Dave the trouble I'm having is horrid bitter taste in my mouth when I wake up, I'm experiencing choking and being sick when eating, heart burn and pains in my chest area.

On Friday I was sent to my local ENT department in where they put a tube thing up my nose and down my throat in where it came back that my throat is very narrow and has lots of inflammation, I suspect this is why my GP has requested sedation.

I must say I was shocked when my GP called me this morning as I did not expect her to get Friday's results so quickly.
Old 11-12-2017, 13:25   #4897
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

When I had this done I had sedation and this can honestly say I don’t remember it at all!!!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 13:31   #4898
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Fantastic dilli that is exactly what I wanted and needed to hear, thank you so much

I'm such a scaredy-cat at times but at least I have this forum to hide my fears, as my hubby and two boys think I'm so brave as when they say you ok, I simply reply I'm fine

I try and not google things but at least on here you get honest feed back.
Old 11-12-2017, 13:42   #4899
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Fantastic dilli that is exactly what I wanted and needed to hear, thank you so much

I'm such a scaredy-cat at times but at least I have this forum to hide my fears, as my hubby and two boys think I'm so brave as when they say you ok, I simply reply I'm fine

I try and not google things but at least on here you get honest feed back.
I've had it a few times with and without sedation. And I much preferred the sedation. The spray works but the worse sensation is that you don't feel yourself swallowing which was tough going. I've had it done straight after a colonoscopy which was the better time as they give you more sedation than if you're just having the gastroscopy on its own. From what I can remember the last time I had it done it was with about 5mg of Diazepam or equivalent but they also give you the spray as well. Hope it goes okay anyway. Takes around 10-20 mins all in and it is different for everyone obviously so some can tolerate it and some struggle with them. When you're there having it done you'll get through it but the fear of the unknown is always the worse.

Last edited by peanut; 11-12-2017 at 13:45.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 14:11   #4900
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Thanks peanut.
Old 11-12-2017, 14:20   #4901
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
When I had this done I had sedation and this can honestly say I don’t remember it at all!!!
When l had it sedation was sadly not a option dilli.
Old 11-12-2017, 14:24   #4902
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
We've been told plenty of things over the years. Maybe they'll get rid of the Pacers when the electrify the line but more likely they won't.

Still going strong and yes they're a bus body on a freight truck. Also the heating has 2 settings - on or off!!
Never been in one myself, but from what I have heard of the pacers, I think the phrase "Still going strong" should actually read "Still going". Probably with a question mark after..

It always seemed to me to be just a way of building trains on the cheap, which, TBH, I don't think is a good idea.

Last edited by Stuart; 11-12-2017 at 14:38.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 19:15   #4903
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Thank you Dave the trouble I'm having is horrid bitter taste in my mouth when I wake up, I'm experiencing choking and being sick when eating, heart burn and pains in my chest area.

On Friday I was sent to my local ENT department in where they put a tube thing up my nose and down my throat in where it came back that my throat is very narrow and has lots of inflammation, I suspect this is why my GP has requested sedation.

I must say I was shocked when my GP called me this morning as I did not expect her to get Friday's results so quickly.
Sorry to hear this weenie.

Osem Jnr has recently had a gastroscopy for similar reasons and opted not to have the sedation. He couldn't eat for 6 hours beforehand but apart from that it wasn't too bad. He's going to see the consultant in a couple of days so we'll know more then. Sounds like you have the same issue...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 19:51   #4904
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

[QUOTE=weenie;35928340]LOL

This morning my GP said that she was going to arrange for me to have a upper GI endoscopy and she would be requesting sedation which I must say I'm glad that she is requesting sedation for me.

I have never had a upper GI scope but I would assume very little prep is needed for this, not like a colonoscopy in where you need to drink that awful laxative stuff called moviprep

You will be ok with this Weenie, I get one every two years and you are normally knocked out before the tube goes down , I dreaded my first one but I big deep breath and you don't remember I think, Good Luck
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:48   #4905
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

No weenie I haven't, and I hope to God I don't have to, I think they would have to knock me out, same for an MRI scan, I'm a wimp.

PS Mr T had one done, and no problem for him. PPS weenie I have no doubt you will be fine, and I truly hope the result will show nothing to worry about

Last edited by Tinky; 12-12-2017 at 09:55.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote