Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Free V6 box

Old 31-01-2018, 17:28   #136
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Free V6 box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
My my, OB, standards indeed, you don't half record some dross.......
I might agree with you on some of them, but I haven't seen them yet! And a number of these are for my dear wife.

That's what I mean when I say that the quality of pay TV has gone down.

The programmes I haven't revealed from my DVD recorder are altogether better.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 31-01-2018 at 17:32.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2018, 17:51   #137
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I might agree with you on some of them, but I haven't seen them yet! And a number of these are for my dear wife.

That's what I mean when I say that the quality of pay TV has gone down.

The programmes I haven't revealed from my DVD recorder are altogether better.

Yes, I totally agree with that sentiment, OB.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:39   #138
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Suggestions don't count towards your free recording space, so never 'fill up' the box.
so are suggestions stored in the 'Cloud' then Ben?

While I have you there I'm new to the Tivo (V6) - I have a question about the SeriesLink + - If I record say Strike Back which is currently series 6 will it automatically record series 7 if there is one?
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:42   #139
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
so are suggestions stored in the 'Cloud' then Ben
They are stored on the hard drive like other recordings but show as free space. They automatically get over written by your own recordings.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:37   #140
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If I record say Strike Back which is currently series 6 will it automatically record series 7 if there is one?
Yes, if it's on the same channel or you have set the series link to record from all channels.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:46   #141
2old4this
cf.addict

2old4this is on a distinguished road2old4this is on a distinguished road

Is it correct that if you do not upgrade you will lose the HD channels anybody know if there's a deadline
2old4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:04   #142
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old4this View Post
Is it correct that if you do not upgrade you will lose the HD channels anybody know if there's a deadline
Don't worry, you'll get plenty of warning if you are going to lose any services.
Old 01-02-2018, 13:15   #143
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
so are suggestions stored in the 'Cloud' then Ben?

While I have you there I'm new to the Tivo (V6) - I have a question about the SeriesLink + - If I record say Strike Back which is currently series 6 will it automatically record series 7 if there is one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes, if it's on the same channel or you have set the series link to record from all channels.
Just double checking this, not that I'm doubting Spiderplant as he is the fountain of all VM knowledge.

Does Strike Back fall into that grey area with series links? I mean, it's one of those shows that has a separate subtitle from series to series so may not be picked up?

Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 14:07   #144
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Just double checking this, not that I'm doubting Spiderplant as he is the fountain of all VM knowledge.

Does Strike Back fall into that grey area with series links? I mean, it's one of those shows that has a separate subtitle from series to series so may not be picked up?
In this instance you are right to doubt. I'd never heard of Strike Back. If it's a "CSI" type of thing you may well be correct. It's entirely up to the person defining the guide data to decide whether or not they are the same series.

If in doubt, use a WishList
Old 01-02-2018, 19:00   #145
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Lol, so much for free ! Just had an email to say they'll be a £20 charge added to my next bill for the V6 ! Another phone call to VM, one of many today....
Old 02-02-2018, 10:43   #146
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
thanks for the reply - I like that feature very much.
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 19:04   #147
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Well bright and early 08.00 V6 delivered on my doorstep.
Only outstanding problem is linking the volume on V6 remote to my Panasonic TV.
Spare HDMI cable plus cat 6 cable included in the box for those still waiting.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:32   #148
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If I put my ear to either of my V6s, it seems to make a very quiet 'exhaling' sound, but nothing you would notice at a greater distance.

I can't hear anything when in bed. Just a shame about the light, but at least you can mask it if necessary, one way or another.
Have to say I was slightly misled on the V6, making next to no noise. When 'on' I can definitely hear it 'breathing' at night from across the room . The VHD was silent; suspected something with a hard drive/fan must make some noise. Putting it into standby does almost totally quieten it, does take a few mins to power down, bearable I guess. The lights have been black taped up nicely. Might resort to Spiderplants suggestion and stick it in a cupboard as the remote doesn't need direct line of sight. Just have to chisel the back of the cupboard out, Mrs K will never know till we move
Old 03-02-2018, 20:13   #149
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

How is this offer made? Do Virgin email you? Currently on full tv package (sorry don't know the name of it, the big boona or something) with phone and Internet. Have two TiVo boxes currently, is changing over worthwhile? One box is in my daughters room, if the box is noisy as some have stated it may be best not to change if I get an offer? Thanks in advance for any advice
Old 03-02-2018, 20:19   #150
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Have to say I was slightly misled on the V6, making next to no noise.

When 'on' I can definitely hear it 'breathing' at night from across the room . The VHD was silent; suspected something with a hard drive/fan must make some noise. Putting it into standby does almost totally quieten it, does take a few mins to power down, bearable I guess. The lights have been black taped up nicely. Might resort to Spiderplants suggestion and stick it in a cupboard as the remote doesn't need direct line of sight. Just have to chisel the back of the cupboard out, Mrs K will never know till we move
Maybe it's asthmatic.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote