Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 02-10-2013, 16:58   #646
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Trouble is Cameron and Osborne never think of the hurt they bring on people.
We will all soon suffer the hurt they have brought on.

but luckily we will have the likes of this woman to help us all through it.

Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 17:05   #647
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge41 View Post

Aren't blue badges for people who can't walk more than 20 yards unaided?
No.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 17:24   #648
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
Under normal circumstances I wouldnt like anyone to lose their job but I would make exception for a couple of members of this forum to lose theirs and see how difficult it is to be unemployed.
I'd quite like to see some people around here try a dose of self employment. The prospect of no work = no pay does wonders for your health...

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
The parked expensive cars could belong to family members, the blue badge signifies that the vehicle is being used to the benefit of the badge holder.
The problems start when the badge holder is not in the vehicle and then the badge is being used fraudulently. [Possible fine and removal of badge from said badge holder]!
Yup, that's a big problem. Nobody genuinely disabled ought to be stigmatised when using a blue badge but I know several people who avoid using theirs now because they fear being abused. IMHO the penalties for deliberate abuse/fraud in all benefit related matters ought to be tougher.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 17:48   #649
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I hope Gary that you are not having a dig at PCSO's as l support them to the hilt.
Also Osem, l was self employed for nearly three years and hounded by the taxman, so in the end l packed it in and went on the dole for six weeks.

I was banned for two months from unemployment benefit and put on Income Support.

I depended on that so much, the thing that annoyed me was when l was in the employment office, an Indian guy was telling his friends on how to cheat the system in FULL VIEW of workers there and not one done anything about it.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 18:03   #650
tizmeinnit

Ironic how the thread full of all types benefit news so its almost impossible to follow is now on the blue badge which is a concession not a benefit
Old 02-10-2013, 18:14   #651
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

But the Tories wouldn't need to be seen as the big bad wolf in all this had Labour not let the welfare state get so out of hand in their 13 years. Drug addicts and alcoholics should never be allowed to claim the benefits they do. What makes me laugh, is I see people claiming Incapacity or now ESA for illnesses which I have and I would get laughed out of my GP's surgery if I asked them to sign me off with those illnesses.

But Labour let the benefits culture grow, and now the Tories are looking bad because they want to cut the bill down by stopping those who don't deserve to claim benefits.

One story though, had my induction today for a work placement in B&M, manager told me someone else sent by the Jobcentre agreed to start, then called yesterday and said he had changed his mind and wouldn't be turning up for it. Even though it says you get sanctioned for at least 13 weeks, bet he gets away with a slap on the wrist and no sanctions at all. Me, I would have been hit with a 26 week sanction. Not fair.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 18:19   #652
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
But the Tories wouldn't need to be seen as the big bad wolf in all this had Labour not let the welfare state get so out of hand in their 13 years. Drug addicts and alcoholics should never be allowed to claim the benefits they do. What makes me laugh, is I see people claiming Incapacity or now ESA for illnesses which I have and I would get laughed out of my GP's surgery if I asked them to sign me off with those illnesses.

But Labour let the benefits culture grow, and now the Tories are looking bad because they want to cut the bill down by stopping those who don't deserve to claim benefits.

One story though, had my induction today for a work placement in B&M, manager told me someone else sent by the Jobcentre agreed to start, then called yesterday and said he had changed his mind and wouldn't be turning up for it. Even though it says you get sanctioned for at least 13 weeks, bet he gets away with a slap on the wrist and no sanctions at all. Me, I would have been hit with a 26 week sanction. Not fair.
remember it was Thatcher who made easy to claim incapacity as it massaged the unemployment figures

I know plenty of people in need tricked into sanctions. Had one guy round here who had no money for months as he was not filling out his online job search when they had not even given him the correct creds

Not fair is right
Old 02-10-2013, 18:36   #653
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I've just thought. if Conservative's main stance is "For Hard Working People"

then aren't they expecting the (Non working) voters to support them?

or is it that they don't want the (Non working) people to support them?

Will it go down in history that Cameron was took down by the people he took down?
Old 02-10-2013, 18:39   #654
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I've just thought. if Conservative's main stance is "For Hard Working People"

then aren't they expecting the (Non working) voters to support them?

or is it that they don't want the (Non working) people to support them?

Will it go down in history that Cameron was took down by the people he took down?
They will win again just because no one really wants Ed in power. It is just whether there is another coalition and if the coalition has any balls
Old 02-10-2013, 18:53   #655
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I trust that Cameron DOES NOT get back into power. He does not give a damn about the normal working person.

Everything he has done so far is to hit the poor. He has already said that he will NOT bring in a Mansion Tax, simple reason is - he will lose his donations that keeps his party together.

IF, he is still in power when l retire, then god help me. I will be going down to the food bank, the luxury that l have is a few cans of beer a week and watching football on Tv.

If he had his way he wouldn't pay OAP pension either just to save money. Thing is what is he doing with the money that he is saving - giving it to other countries in Aid.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 18:54   #656
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
They will win again just because no one really wants Ed in power. It is just whether there is another coalition and if the coalition has any balls
Well, he doesn't want under 25's to vote him back in. he doesn't want the unemployed to vote him back in. he doesn't want the disabled to vote him back in. he doesn't want the bedroom tax payers to vote him back in.

there's only the workers left.
Old 02-10-2013, 19:00   #657
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
how is it enforced by court action ? unless it is a council owned car park and proper wardens
Because it's a civil action, by parking in the bay, you do so under the terms and conditions of the notice.

This forms a contract between you and the car park owner, if you break the terms of the contract he can charge you a penalty, set out under the terms.

If you don't pay he can take you to small claims court and get a CCJ against you.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Quote:
remember it was Thatcher who made easy to claim incapacity as it massaged the unemployment figures
don't forget, whatever the issue. It's always Thatchers fault..........
Old 02-10-2013, 19:01   #658
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Because it's a civil action, by parking in the bay, you do so under the terms and conditions of the notice.

This forms a contract between you and the car park owner, if you break the terms of the contract he can charge you a penalty, set out under the terms.

If you don't pay he can take you to small claims court and get a CCJ against you.
just say you have a learning difficulty and did not read the sign
Old 02-10-2013, 19:11   #659
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
just say you have a learning difficulty and did not read the sign
Well you shouldn't be driving if have a learning difficulty and can't read.

Not the best defence out there.
Old 02-10-2013, 19:13   #660
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well you shouldn't be driving if have a learning difficulty and can't read.

Not the best defence out there.
I do not so you are safe lol