Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2020, 20:14   #7471
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Not sure exactly when it happened but Hayu has been removed from the Search & Discover menu.

The app is currently still available in Apps & Games.

Despite the app being available for ages, Prime Video still hasn't been added to the Search & Discover menu.
Nobody in this house watches Hayu, but I can assure you that if you search for a programme on Prime, it is on there.I have many programmes and films from Prime bookmarked for later viewing.

I assume you are talking about the Virgin Media platform.
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2020, 20:32   #7472
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Nobody in this house watches Hayu, but I can assure you that if you search for a programme on Prime, it is on there.I have many programmes and films from Prime bookmarked for later viewing.

I assume you are talking about the Virgin Media platform.
Re-read my post carefully. It states that Prime Video is not on the Search & Discover menu. Look on your TV, press Home, click down to Search & Discover, you'll see the menu has Virgin Media Store, Netflix, Vevo and YouTube.
Old 23-03-2020, 21:10   #7473
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Re-read my post carefully. It states that Prime Video is not on the Search & Discover menu. Look on your TV, press Home, click down to Search & Discover, you'll see the menu has Virgin Media Store, Netflix, Vevo and YouTube.
Oh, that's what you mean! I never use that menu, which is why I hadn't noticed it.
Old 23-03-2020, 21:16   #7474
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Maybe it is not a 'free ride' for a service to be added there.

Quote:
Old 24-03-2020, 10:10   #7475
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Disney+ goes live today in UK, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:21   #7476
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

And the options you can sign up for are a 7-day free trial and after that, the service will cost £5.99 a month or £59.99 for the year.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:59   #7477
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Disney+ goes live today in UK, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.
Sadly not on Virgin Media boxes. Hopefully in time it will be added so that we can benefit from the full integration like with Netflix.
Old 24-03-2020, 11:15   #7478
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Disney+ arrived on compatible Samsung smart TVs early this morning.

I now need to know what satanic arts Disney employed in order to set their UK launch date to coincide with coronavirus lockdown.
Old 24-03-2020, 11:42   #7479
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Bad news for VM viewers.

Sky has confirmed:

We’ve partnered with Disney to be the only pay-TV provider to offer Disney+ on their platform.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv...ng-disney-plus
Old 24-03-2020, 11:47   #7480
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And the options you can sign up for are a 7-day free trial and after that, the service will cost £5.99 a month or £59.99 for the year.
There are 4 log-ins per subscription, so it can be shared; I let my daughter have a log-in to Netflix, she let’s me use Disney+ (just downloaded the App from the Google Play Store on my Sony TV - there’s a lot of content in Disney+).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 24-03-2020, 12:07   #7481
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
There are 4 log-ins per subscription, so it can be shared; I let my daughter have a log-in to Netflix, she let’s me use Disney+ (just downloaded the App from the Google Play Store on my Sony TV - there’s a lot of content in Disney+).
Indeed there is a fair amount of content on Disney+ as we have set up profiles for MOH , brother and myself.
Old 24-03-2020, 12:29   #7482
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No doubt that will happen across the board in other European countries.
You was saying?
Old 24-03-2020, 12:31   #7483
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
You was saying?
As usual l was wrong.
Old 24-03-2020, 13:00   #7484
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
You was saying?
That's why I listed the countries.
Sorry Den.
Old 24-03-2020, 13:47   #7485
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Bad news for VM viewers.

Sky has confirmed:

We’ve partnered with Disney to be the only pay-TV provider to offer Disney+ on their platform.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv...ng-disney-plus
Great stuff, I paid for a year and hoped the app would be on V6 shortly after launch, thinking Disney would want to make it available as possible. Guess its Roku and Chromecast for me then.
Closed Thread