Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The PS4 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The PS4 Thread
View Poll Results: Will you buy the ps4
Never 25 28.09%
Maybe 22 24.72%
Defo 37 41.57%
No sure 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2013, 21:47   #76
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The PS4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Sony clarified and said it's just for used games that have online. Basically online pass stuff.
Single player only games are a rarity now and this screams cash in for EA unfortunately for some. I never purchase pre-owned games, largely due to wanting an unused copy that i'll never be trading in. No hassle with online passes etc.
Old 11-06-2013, 21:51   #77
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

EA have ditched online pass.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 21:55   #78
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
EA have ditched online pass.
For how long... It'll be back.

Little Q&A for you all Just click as images would have taken up half a giant post.

http://i.imgur.com/qlOVRBf.png

http://i.imgur.com/U3DppN6.png

http://i.imgur.com/NkRBj0H.png

http://i.imgur.com/7f3RAoc.png

http://i.imgur.com/n6ldUVH.png

http://i.imgur.com/EHOvxZF.png

Also the PS logo has been dropped from the PS4. I know I'm participating in both console debates with positive and negative factors for both consoles but it's a simple reason, I just love gaming. I'll play Xbox, PS or PC, I really do not care in the slightest =]

Added:

Holding a the new PS4 box design: http://i.imgur.com/3okqxvI.jpg
Old 11-06-2013, 22:10   #79
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Sony clarified and said it's just for used games that have online. Basically online pass stuff.
Yup, and only 3rd party games.

So it's actually better than system the PS3 has now, as 1st party games won't have Online Passes.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 23:51   #80
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

http://i.imgur.com/9Ww4B4F.jpg
Old 11-06-2013, 23:58   #81
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I hope we don't have to stand the PS4 upright as i have never been a fan of doing it like that and the thing looks huge so it probably won't fit on my TV stand.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 00:24   #82
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Here are some close up photos for anyone that wants them, including the the rear of the console, which is showing lack of USB ports at the back as i can't see them, which makes it awkward to plug in a USB 3 external drive if required.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg playstation-4-ps4-designboom01.jpg (26.0 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg ps4_front_back.jpg (35.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg control.jpg (135.3 KB, 68 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 00:50   #83
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Agh. You'd think that Sony would have realised the usefulness of rear USBs by now!
Old 12-06-2013, 00:53   #84
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Things can change though, just like they did on the PS3.

I hope there is no overheating issue with a built in power supply.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:14   #85
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Ha. I would very much hope that both Sony and MS have learnt their lessons regarding badly designed and unreliable hardware, lol.

---------- Post added at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

Not sure if this has been posted...

Official Sony video on how to share PS4 games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
Old 12-06-2013, 01:34   #86
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Lol yes it was posted earlier, loved it.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:47   #87
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Here is the PS4 user interface in action during gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=6mTFOVQsjB0#!

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Hi Res photos available, i think it looks pretty sleek when you see it like this.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/11...entry595753494
Old 12-06-2013, 14:00   #88
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

It's massive. In 4/5 years time they'll be one available for less than £200 and much smaller in size.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 14:08   #89
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
It's massive. In 4/5 years time they'll be one available for less than £200 and much smaller in size.
Massive?

PS3 Slim: 325mm x 98mm x 274mm

PS4: 275mm x 53mm x 305mm
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 15:30   #90
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Its not massive, its small in comparison to some things, my set top box from Sky is massive, but it doesn't stop me using it to watch TV. Why would anyone wait 2 years for a slimline version that's £100 or so less in price, it defeats the purpose of releasing the Ps4 at Christmas.
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote